MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia treats passengers ‘like dirt’

Something to bear in mind from discussion here - if you absolutely need to be at point B at a certain time, then plan your travel itinerary to arrive well beforehand, the previous day if necessary. That is not to say you will not then be held up late by local traffic between your hotel and intended venue though !

Doesn't matter if you've paid a bucketload of $$ flying at front end of most prestigious 5 star airline or crammed into the foetal position in some sardine can masquerading as a LCC, flight delays is a distinct possibility, whether due to weather, air traffic congestion, aircraft going kaput, etc etc. The more critical the appointment, the greater the allowance for such eventualities and the necessary remedy (take next flight available ?)

I suppose it's all part and parcel of time management and prioritization :)

In our Flight safety Dept we have a group who monitors the FDA (Flight data Analysis),if there is any event (overspeed/overstress/etc) will be highlighted and particular crew will be called to explain the event and how it happened.So,in AK safety is our No.1 priority.

That is your and my concern as an aviator..

How about the people who does not understand the first story was.... in this thread I would say..??

I mean does the people understand the phrase TALK TO THE RAIN AND ASK MAB..?? The replier means it..!! I guess.. Don't we..??

Notes: I had my experience overspeeding and overstress plus using reversthrust below 80 knots.. also highspeed landing.. But never called for any explanation.. except I read my report they stated there reduce my point.. so sad..!! (Sorry.. that was in FS)... hehehehehehe :pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

Doesn't matter if you've paid a bucketload of $$ flying at front end of most prestigious 5 star airline or crammed into the foetal position in some sardine can masquerading as a LCC, flight delays is a distinct possibility, whether due to weather, air traffic congestion, aircraft going kaput, etc etc. The more critical the appointment, the greater the allowance for such eventualities and the necessary remedy (take next flight available ?)

Ahh the risks i take...

NRT-SIN-LHR

16 hour layover - during which im taking the train to Nottingham to have lunch with a friend, and back to LHR later that evening on the same day

LHR-DXB

But I have travel insurance and my ticket is changeable without penalty. :)

Edited by Keith T

Doesn't matter how much you pay for the ticket, you should be treated as a paying customer. If we accept the way they treat us because of cheap fares, we are telling them it's fine to continue doing so. We are the customers, we provide them with business.

As for the 'angry guy', he has every right to get angry doesn't matter what was the cause of the delay. TF could have answered him politely

Don't expect average guy to understand about MAB, rain, single runway ops, technical or what ever it may be.

but at least he could have done some research before blatantly shouting out in the public. i bet you after a little bit of research, you would come into contact of factors such as traffic, weather, aircraft fault, etc.

no matter how much you've studied to become a medical doctor nor being a philosophical doctor, you have still proven yourself a true Malaysian. speak first, rest later.. :search: :huh:

16 hour layover - during which im taking the train to Nottingham to have lunch with a friend, and back to LHR later that evening on the same day

LHR-DXB

Sure you're not going to squeeze in some sight seeing cum shopping as well (staring blankly out of train windows do not count) ?! :)

Seriously, with itinerary like that, you'll miss out big time on your airport lounging bit no ? :)

:huh: ...........oh come on ...to the pitty doctor who wrote the letter, what he have endure is just a fraction of toe when comparing to others who has far more or far worse experience with ak...take me for example..if it is delay, i normally won't be surprise, it happen frequently when u travel with ak...or even with MH...come on doctor...if it is just delay...what's the big fuss?? not to say ak delay u for 8 hours or 24 hours... :p

funny thing is...i remember it was 2 years or 3 years ago...i was travelling back from BKI to KUL....i arrived at klia (at that time..lcct not yet even been constructed)...the ak staff told me that my beg still at BKI...and that point of time i was furious...end up waited at airport for 8 hours b4 i got my thing back...if i were the doctor...would he alrdy been smsing our prime minister??? :D .....then i guess he will get reply from prime minister saying : " Go eat some TSUNAMI and ask them why"..and he will say it as cynical again... B)

travelling with ak gave me a lot bitter and sweet....the sweet side is meeting very hot ...sexy and beautiful cabin crew :yahoo: ....hehe...

eventhough i had many bad experience with ak ...but i will still support ak..coz travelling makes affordable here!!!!! gogogo AK.... :p

Sure you're not going to squeeze in some sight seeing cum shopping as well (staring blankly out of train windows do not count) ?! :)

Seriously, with itinerary like that, you'll miss out big time on your airport lounging bit no ? :)

Ok...massively OT but anyway...

Been to LON heaps of time, and I've got LON somewhere later in the itinerary.

The plan is to have breakfast at the BA Arrivals Lounge if I'm not delayed, then find somewhere to store my bags (not going to leave it lying around in LHR for 16 hrs), HEX to central London, train St Pancreas to Nottingham (4-5 hrs), lunch, do the whole shuffle back to LHR (4-5 hrs), a bit of lounging (aiming to arrive back at LHR 2 hrs b4 departure), then off to DXB. Aren't I a good friend? ;)

I've also got 5 hrs in LHR when I turn back to do DXB-LHR-FCO.

And another LHR departure to LAX later in the month...

I think I'd be Heathrowed out by the end of the RTW. :blink:

Edited by Keith T

AK will only improve their service if it face stiff competition like 5J else has to accept the near monopoly abuse.

On the other hand, if you pay peanut you get monkey.

:drinks:

ok great, this issue again. Well well, in my opinion we shouldnt blame on pax but AK !! They should consider many facts before they reveal their flight schedules. 25 minutes turnaround? only once in a blue moon.

ok great, this issue again. Well well, in my opinion we shouldnt blame on pax but AK !! They should consider many facts before they reveal their flight schedules. 25 minutes turnaround? only once in a blue moon.

Actually I had countless 25-min turnarounds. Even had a 20-min one in LGK. Wonder if the brakes cooled enough. I've had minimal delays with AK, to be honest.

+++

Actually I had countless 25-min turnarounds. Even had a 20-min one in LGK. Wonder if the brakes cooled enough. I've had minimal delays with AK, to be honest.+++
min cool time for brakes on B733 is 19 mins,also if brakes still hot,remain gears down for a while and raised them passing 3000 ft.On A320 there is a brake fan option,so we used that almost always.Kalau tak percaya,you can ask the operating crew to check the A320 FCOM 3.If I remember well,Ive read about the early operations of Southwest Airlines whereby they used to do 15 mins turnaround with the B732 .

min cool time for brakes on B733 is 19 mins,also if brakes still hot,remain gears down for a while and raised them passing 3000 ft.On A320 there is a brake fan option,so we used that almost always....
I don't quite get this. Isn't the purpose of cooling the brakes off is for use in case of emergency braking during take off? If brake too hot, nanti tak makan. Or is it more for the purpose of safe stowing after take-off?+++
On the other hand, if you pay peanut you get monkey.
No lah, no need to be dramatic. I may be paying peanuts but I'm getting pretty decent service from real decent people.+++

I may be paying peanuts but I'm getting pretty decent service from real decent people.

As the way it should be.

I don't quite get this. Isn't the purpose of cooling the brakes off is for use in case of emergency braking during take off? If brake too hot, nanti tak makan. Or is it more for the purpose of safe stowing after take-off?+++No lah, no need to be dramatic. I may be paying peanuts but I'm getting pretty decent service from real decent people.+++

On the A320 they use carbon brakes,the hotter the brakes ,the better it is.In FCOM 3 of A320,with brake fan on, max temp before take off is 150C,if without brake fans ,its 300C.Reason so that incase of hydraulic fluid is released to the brakes in the ldg gear compartment may cause fire.

Now to say that after emergency braking during takeoff,with autobrake set to max,its gonna be glowing hot,ofcourse youll have to delay the takeoff plus to checkout why you did the reject takeoff in the first place.

Whatever duration for turnaround time we do in the airline industry,trust me we follow the manufacturers recomendations,we just dont do it blindly.

This guy uses a pseudonym so could be anyone, even an AK dependant.

+++

http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/72254

AirAsia: Thanks, Tony!

Budget Tourist

Sep 11, 07 3:53pm

I refer to the letter AirAsia treats passengers ‘like dirt’ in which the writer complains that his flight was rescheduled for an hour later than planned.

Over the Merdeka Day weekend, I took my two children to Kuching on AirAsia. I had purchased the tickets months ago for RM49.99 each. We had a wonderful vacation! The Sarawak Cultural Village was fabulous, and it is something I hope my children will never forget.

Yes, there was a slight delay for our flight but AirAsia informed me via SMS before I’d even left the office. It turned out to be a good thing because traffic to the airport was grid-locked.

So we arrived at Kuching an hour later than planned. So what? We had a fabulous time and the airline tickets were insanely cheap. In fact, the tax on each ticket was higher than the cost of the ticket itself.

Thanks, Tony! I’m planning my next AirAsia vacation now!

I would totally agree with "Don't expect 5 star service with a Low cost carrier"! but, my personally experience with AK, out of the 4 sectors that i had, 3 of them were so-called "retime"!!! the last time this happened was early AUG, I was at the airport AK's counter after i recv their SMS(1day earlier), I understood from the guy there this retime was scheduled since 4days ago! I wonder whether it was due to weather... All the delays i encountered were at least 1 n half hr late n the most was 3hrs!

Im not expecting a "100% ontime" service, but i personally think that they cannot be using the term "LOW COST" to explain all these delays...

unless low cost = delays!

Honestly speaking for those who keep complaining about AK etc etc etc my suggestion would be:

1. Stop flying with them since you already pissed, just pay more & fly with legacy carriers, end of story, full stop.

2. Think about the positive side of AK (savings on $$, brand new A320 etc), lower your expectations, keep flying with them.

Thanks Sri for the tip. I cant see the adverts in papers also.. hmm maybe iwasnt looking enough.

I booked KUL-TWU next year RM153 return including tax!! CHEAP CHEAP

Nothing good about AK lately....hhmmmm, must think twice if u wanna fly with AK...

AK is a budget airlines and you cant expect a good service... you pay cheap . want good service then must pay more i guess..

i appreciate airasia for giving chance for people to fly at an affordable rate. :pardon:

Edited by Andy

Sign in to follow this