MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammad Kamil

A319 CJ FOR MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT

Has this bird been delivered yet?

I guess they are sort of secretive about it due to public anger?

Then again the 9M-NAA registration probably make this point invalid?

Could it be that it might be officially belong to a government agency or government linked company... to reduce public anger. Could be on paper, owned by Khazanah.

You know, like the house in Perth, the yatch in Turkey... it doesn't officially belong to the him and his son in law

......... but no brake fan.

They won't be doing 25 minutes turnaround like some LCC, so probably brake fan is not required. :rolleyes:

NAA = Noruddin And Associates?

Aircraft is currently overseas doing aircrew line training.Fully equiped with SATCOMS,ACARS but no brake fan.

I saw 9M-NAA inside Hangar 1 Subang Airport today. Aircraft is guarded all around.

Thanks for the pictures Samsyuri. I must say the livery of 9M-NAA is unprecedented in the history of RMAF VIP transport.

Mind you the Goverment VIP aircraft does not belong to the RMAF but is owned by JPM (Jabatan Perdana Menteri / Prime Ministers Dept) but operated on behalf by RMAF.Aircrafts are Boeing B737-700 BBJ,Bombardier BD-700 Global Express,Dassault DA-90 Falcon 900.The Fokker F-28 Mk 2000 is the only VIP jet owned by the RMAF.As for the Airbus A319 ACJ is private owned (belongs to a company associated with PMB and not the goverment thats why it has civilian registration)

I don't understand the logic behind purchasing Airbus A319CJ. They already have a 737BBJ version 1, wouldn't it make more sense to buy another 737BBJ version 2 for the sake of maintenance and cost cutting? Given that the purchase of this VVIP transport is inevitable. We are talking about maintaining two different sets of crews and training here. The consolation, however, is that they still opted for the CFM engines rather than the IAEs. In this case it retain the engine commonality with AK's A320, if they ever ask AK to service their engines and aircraft.

These government officials sure know how to well spend and enjoy themselves with the Malaysia Boleh spirit!

...belongs to a company associated with PMB and not the goverment thats why it has civilian registration

Let me hazard a guess at this one? Perhaps one of the political elite's company and somehow politically connected?

Awesome stuff mate. It was heading to SYD, with Badawi onboard, for the APEC conference today

As the Chinese says "New toilets are attractive at least for the first 3 days" and what's more it is no doubt the best opportunity to demonstrate the "Malaysia Boleh" spirit to the world leaders! ;)

Thanks for the pictures Samsyuri. I must say the livery of 9M-NAA is unprecedented in the history of RMAF VIP transport.

Lets pray that most Malaysians, if not all, should know by now who NOT to vote for in the next general election and for the sake of our country's future. Or else we should expect the endorsement to purchase a Airbus A380 as a new VVIP ride in the name of the "Malaysia Boleh" spirit in the very near future.

Edited by S V Choong

This topic about the government A319CJ has simmered down because most people don't know wtf happened to the old plane , most of these critics are still waiting for the A319CJ in govt. colours to waltz out of that hangar still in govt. colours but instead it was unidentifiable and they didn't bother to check the serial number to find out what happened to it :)

When this thing emerges in the press and the likes of jeffooi and co ..

FINISH

..... , most of these critics are still waiting for the A319CJ in govt. colours to waltz out of that hangar still in govt. colours but instead it was unidentifiable and they didn't bother to check the serial number to find out what happened to it :)

the importance of c/n.

Sign in to follow this