MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
iwan

Merdeka Parade

"This year, the RMAF will showcase all the fighter aircraft we have flown since 1955 up to our latest acquisitions — the Sukhois,"

That would be very interesting (all the fighter aircraft): hope to see a lot of pictures here, guys :pardon:

That would be very interesting (all the fighter aircraft): hope to see a lot of pictures here, guys :pardon:

(OT)... Hopefully they honour their words on these, Pieter, since I've booked a return AK tickets for the 6th of Dec :rolleyes:

Those are Russian pilots...

Are you sure?How do you know that?Last year I met some of the instructors prior to leaving Russia,Lt Col A."Gyro" and Maj F.The projects officer in Moscow is led by Col Syed S and Major M.N.As for the WSO,there is some backlog but not frontseaters,that I know for sure.Previously I wrote something about the Su30MKM capabilities but was deleted from the thread.

Sorry to intrude and reawaken an old thread but must write to clarify certain things... Tried to refrain from commenting but too strong is the urge for me to say something... so here goes

The pilots flying the formation and display of Su-30MKM during Merdeka Day 2007 for our 50th independence celebrations are all Malaysian pilots. Agreed that there were russian instructors onboard but they are there to oversee the pilot training as after the flypast the Su-30MKM proceeded to RMAF Training Area to continue with their training sorties before recovering to home base.

Be proud of our pilots please, we are just as capable if not better than the mat sallehs....

Just my 2 cents... sorry if I m overly sensitive...

PS. I'm new here...

Sorry to intrude and reawaken an old thread but must write to clarify certain things... Tried to refrain from commenting but too strong is the urge for me to say something... so here goes

The pilots flying the formation and display of Su-30MKM during Merdeka Day 2007 for our 50th independence celebrations are all Malaysian pilots. Agreed that there were russian instructors onboard but they are there to oversee the pilot training as after the flypast the Su-30MKM proceeded to RMAF Training Area to continue with their training sorties before recovering to home base.

Be proud of our pilots please, we are just as capable if not better than the mat sallehs....

Just my 2 cents... sorry if I m overly sensitive...

PS. I'm new here...

Azman,

Thank you for your insights. And welcome to MalaysianWings.

i assume you are mantan from the 11th squadron?welcome to the forum and thanks for the info!glad to see an RMAF pilot posting his insights here! :)

As I was in KL during the display an was not able to get all the serial of the aircraft which took part.

Could you get the numbers of the follow in aircraft from your photos yoy took?

1) The Allouette III 3x with the S61A-4.

2) PDRM 3x C208

3) SU30 3x

Sign in to follow this