MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Cabin Crew Recruitment Drive

akadjune2tf9.jpg

Oh well....

"Jantan tak laku kat AirAsia" <_>

We just wanna work..... able buy DSLR...... and fly at the same time.

Edited by Adrian M

Besides than Cabin crew & Piloting,is there any chance for applying for the ground crew? I'm getting more to ground crew,rather than inflight crew :pardon:

Tamizi, did u try to go to airport and ask the staff? maybe ask them to let u into HR dept AK in that airport u are in so u can ask them if they hv ground crew vacancy. Coz I was also thinking to be a ground crew first if I can't get into cabin crew. Then work my way up to Cabin Crew.

Edited by Adrian M

Hmm,i'll try it later.BTW,I'm trying to contact my friend at MH Sibu Town Office,and ask her if i could send a resume via her.

I find it is more better to have a dedicated thread to check everything about Cabin Crew recruitment and updates.

You guys can do another thread just for other position like Cadet Pilot, etc.

Use screenshot for webpages or snap/scan newspaper clippings if you are too lazy to type it out :p

Everybody please do contribute. :) We will really appreciate your help.

AirAsia

Posted on March 03, 2008

*** Online Application

* Male & Female (Malaysian)

* SPM with credit in English and Bahasa Malaysia or equivalent

* Male: Height minimum 170cm, maximum 183 cm barefoot

* Female: Height minimum 157cm, maximum 170cm barefoot

* Eyesight: 6/9

* Good communicational skills

* Happy, fun personality

* Fluent Spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia

* 1 recent colour passport size photograph

* 1 recent colour full body photograph (post card size) (3R)

Submit your online resume at airasia.com.

Posted on March 04, 2008

*** Walk–in interview

Date: 15th March 2008

Venue: Impiana KLCC Hotel Spa, 13 Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur

Please bring along:

• Original IC & one photocopy of IC

• 1 recent coloured head & shoulder photograph (passport size)

• 1 recent coloured full-body photograph (postcard size)

• Original & copies of education and other relevant certificates

Requirements

* SPM with credit in English and Bahasa Malaysia or equivalent

* Height (ladies): minimum 157cm, maximum 170cm barefoot

* Height (men): minimum 170cm, maximum 180cm barefoot

* Eyesight: 6/9

* Dress code: smart casual (ladies; with knee length skirt only)

I'm going to update my online resume now.

Good luck to everyone who is going to apply especially to those who are attending the walk-in interview. :good:

Oh sorry Adrian, I did stumbled upon another cabin crew recruitment ad on Saturday the general election day, but I almost forgotten about it.

Here.. a bit lazy to type...

2250265590102624702S600x600Q85.jpg

Click on this link for a better image..

http://image58.webshots.com/658/2/65/59/22...02gnHLOG_fs.jpg

They're going to conduct a walk-in interview this 15th March '08 at Nikko Hotel, so Adrian, if you're going.. good luck!

Just remembered my close colleague, she went for the SQ cabin crew interview a couple of years ago (she was one of the beauty pageant contestant for the local Indian magazine, CineFashion that year) and was successful after all three rounds (even the swimming in the water.. um.. to test if one is afraid of water.. I guess.. eh, whatever..). During the final interview, one of the interviewer gave her some kind of look and offended her with a couple of skin-color snide comments he made, saying she's too dark skinned (she has the South Indian skin) to be an SQ cabin crew. At that she stood, said thank you and walked off from the interview. Perhaps the interviewer wanted to test her, who knows... but that Singaporean dude didn't leave much impression on her though. Pity I think she'd make a great cabin crew to any airliners, but that I think was her first and last try for cabin crew job, me thinks.

Date: 15th March 2008

Venue: Impiana KLCC Hotel Spa, 13 Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur

* Dress code: smart casual (ladies; with knee length skirt only)

:blink: good place to hang out this saturday hehehehe

anyway i heard they are very strict about the height requirement, i got a friend who is short by 0.4cm got the bye bye at the very first stage. she's now an MH stewardess :)

Thanks for the info Kak Irni. :)

Singapore Airlines

We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Cabin Crew in Malaysia. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements

* Malaysian citizen

* Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height

* Degree/ Diploma

OR

* At least 2 principal level passes and 2 subsidiary passes in STPM/GCE ‘A’ level or its equivalent

OR

* At least 5 credits in SPM/GCE ‘O’ level and relevant working experience

* For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service. Interested applicants graduating by mid 2008 may also apply.

Training

Our comprehensive 4 months training program will cover topics such as:

* Product Knowledge including Food & Beverage

* Service Procedures

* Passenger Handling

* Deportment & Grooming

* Language & Communication Skills

* Safety Equipment Procedures

* First Aid

On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits

A monthly allowance will be provided during training. Upon graduation, you can look forward to a basic salary and various allowances amounting to about $3,500 a month. In addition, there will be an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

Application Details

Interested applicants, please download and complete this application form. Please bring the following documents for registration between 9am and 2pm.

* Completed application form

* Passport-sized photograph

* Original(s) of:

a ) your birth certificate

b ) all educational certificates

c ) identity card

Interviews will be conducted on 15 March 2008 at:

Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur

165 Jalan Ampang

50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +60 3 2161 1111

Fax : +60 3 2161 1122

Good luck. :)

Edited by Adrian M

Does it mean that it is a requirement that the steward/stewardess must know how to swim ???

Azuan : Most importantly, DO NOT FORGET your CAMERA !! when u go to cuci mata.

Yeah.. what Ramani said was about the same as what my friend told me. The test at the swimming pool which she made it was actually to see the immersed candidates reactions towards deep water.

coming back to recruitments, i saw a kuwait air female flight attendants recruitment happening soon in today's edition of the sun. if anyone of you can get more details, please do post (although i see a handful of women in this forum).

on a separate note, if you need pointers when attending the SIA cabin crew interview, PM me by all means. i'll help however i can. cheers!

I saved this from a website...cant remember where. It was back when my cousin wanted to apply to work for SIA, I saved it in my laptop.Hopefully it is "useful" and "helpful' to those "hopeful".Hehehe!

SIA Cabin Crew Interview Process

Requirements:

* Singapore or Malaysian citizenship

* Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height

* At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.

(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

* For Malaysian qualifications, a minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above.

* Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

round 1: Introduction

require to introduce yourself. Must speak with confidence

round 2:

Ht and wt to be taken in this round as well. 1 group was being checked and the other will already be dressed in kebaya waiting to be checked next. and my group was waiting for the first to finish and pass us their kebayas. there were altogether 20 odd kebayas if im not wrong. there were no sizes so u really gotta estimate which is your size. most of the kebayas that day were too long and some with faulty zips and clasps. but u really got to try to make do with it. most of them are tight and small even for the skinny girls. we were asked to bun up our hair and not only to tie them up. rubber bands were provided. you will be asked to walk up and down towards a staff and then hold a tray and back-face her. your hands will be checked as well. i had manicured fingernails when i went. some were asked to change out of their kebaya after the walk meaning they didn't pass.if u pass the walk then u will proceed to the skin check. i noticed the gals who got through the walk, they walk with a straight and upright posture with a bit and not too much of sashay. both hands should sway equally and not too much also. try to walk with a smile and elegantly. no slouching! then it's the skin check where the beautician will check your skin under 2 beams of light shining at your face. from the way i see you don't need to have flawlessly perfect skin as i do not have as well but try to maintain your skin in good condition when you go for interviews. conceal if you have to. go for facials if you have to. and please good makeup as well! you don't have to be tall and slim as i have seen those who are fleshy getting in as well. 4 out of 10 got through.

round 3:

this is also a killer round as i see more than half got ousted. i got a lady interviewer, quite young and very very nice. usually you will be asked to read a passage that is quite simple but i wasn't. i saw the passages as they were on the table though. she was basically chatting with me on myself, job experiences, family etc. all about yourself! although this is 'supposed' to be 1-1 interview but you may get 2 interviewers. can be 1 male 1 female or 2 females. i heard about the 2 female interviewers being very strict. well if u pass this they will give you a slip of paper where you will register your name for the water confidence test outside the ballroom. out of the 4 from round 2, 2 gals got through.

round 4:

this is the water confidence test. supposedly easiest to most but i can't swim! when i say i can't swim means i will drown when im in water with no buoy or life jacket! but the thing is you gotta get to the end of the pool with life jacket. so i crashed course for 2 days to learn how to do that. there will be a mockplane of about 1 storey high(2 metres i think) and you will be asked to jump down from there. the pool is not that scary about 4m deep(according to life guard but was written 3 m at the pool ) and you will inflate your own life jacket. blow! oh yeah height and weight will be taken at the start. well the trick is to close your eyes and jump down when the life guard says so. i think the scariest part to me was the jump. but just jump and you will resurface in about 2 secs. then just lean back and backstroke for about 10-12m. get up, hang your life jacket at the rack and then walk for abt 10m to a staff who will check on you. im underweight, bmi 16.7 so i was questioned on that. i don't look scrawny at all! she will just ask you to turn and she seemed to be checking on your body proportion not on scars because some of us had our hair down and no hands were checked. 41 gals out of 43 got through. i really feel so sad for the two gals. only two gals got out. one of them has a tattoo on her foot though. we were asked to register our dates for management interview.

round 5:

management round and i have yet to go through that. it will be this coming week. was told by the staff in charge that passing rate will be about 60-70%. it is something like round 3 but this time round the staff are from management level and there will be at least 2 interviewers. just like a corporate interview i reckon. if you pass medical checkup will be on that day or the day after. then wait for a week for them to call you.

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

this is an account of the interview held in singapore. basically they're almost the same except where

- round one nowadays is no more about JUST introducing yourself. you'll be in a group of 10, and be thrown a question (can be provocative at times) where you're given 3 minutes to speak. this round gives you no time at all to do any preparation, so you speak based on what you know, and how well you can goreng. passing rate for this round is pretty bad because this is where they eliminate all those who have very low command of the english language, lack of self confidence and those who stammer a lot. my take on this round, be cool, talk whatever you know, don't be too stereotype and do the USUAL speaking, add humor in whenever you can and try to make it as interesting as possible even if you have NO POINTS at all to elaborate.

- round 2 happens for the girls only and guys straight away head to the 1-1 interview. never experienced it before, but the passing rate was quite bad also. some girls had to wait till the first 5-6 to go first before they came back to use their kebaya. they rush for the most suitable kebaya as possible when in the room.

- round 3 is also a killer. this round is conducted by the senior HR staff and the whole round is NOT about reading passages. they dig and cross examine you on your background, your education, your interests, your previous jobs, your hobbies, your love life, your parents, your siblings to everything possible. it only gets bad when you stammer, or black out all of a sudden or answer dishonestly. just be yourself, and keep it going all along. it isn't as formal as the management interview so it gives you a good chance to interact with the interviewer as if he/she is your best friend. during MY 1-1, 3/4 of the time we talked about AirAsia and nothing more. when he/she is pleased with the conversation, they give you a short passage which you have to read. it is similar like the flight attendants reading the announcements in flight. if he/she is happy with your performance, they give you a letter to come back for the water confidence test (WCT).

- WCT is probably easy for swimmers but it's relatively easy for non-swimmers too. considering that the interview is held in malaysia, you don't have to jump off an elevated platform. you strip into your swimwear (it's a must for swimwear), and you're given a life vest. you inflate it, put it around your neck, jump into the water and do two laps of backstroke. even if you don't know how to swim, just lay back and you'll float, and kick and push yourself to the other end. only thing if you don't know how to swim is that you'll be slow, but otherwise there's nothing to worry about actually as there is no time limit for this. when you're out of the water, the beautician checks your body for visible scars and tattoos and body proportion. i've asked them what they check for and these are the only 3 things that are being looked at. you pass this, you head to the FINAL interview - termed the management interview because the interviewers are from the management.

- final interview is pretty much a reenactment of the 1-1 interview, but this time, you have 2 of them assessing you. they keep bombarding you with questions all the while to see your competency and you can expect situational questions i.e. roleplays. they will also ask you about your previous jobs, your employer, your work scope, problems you encountered during work, what sort of attitude you approached your work on a day to day basis, troubled customers, your life, your vision, why not apply to become a pilot, why not airasia, why cabin crew, why is customer service important, what makes a good PRO, what makes a person global. questions cannot be narrowed down, but i can assure you they will only ask you questions based on what you tell them. if you said you worked as a bartender, you will be asked relevant questions regarding your job. again, don't lose focus and stay calm. pick up a joke or two whenever possible to cool the atmosphere in the room as i can bet you that you'll be sweating profusely. they won't wait for your answer to ask you another one, it'll just come in before you can finish your last word. you pass this, you are to surrender your passport and settle the relevant paperwork required to make you eligible to work in singapore.

you will be given a slip to attend a medical checkup at their authorised clinic, and when you're done with that, you play the waiting game for about a month or two. it takes time for them to process the employment pass for malaysians hence the delay. once selected, you will undergo training for ONE MONTH and you'll be paid your basic salary (1000 sgd - spm, 1200 - diploma, 1300 - degree thats if i'm not mistaken) throughout your training until you're online. hope that helps!

coming back to recruitments, i saw a kuwait air female flight attendants recruitment happening soon in today's edition of the sun. if anyone of you can get more details, please do post (although i see a handful of women in this forum).

Minimum SPM, age between 20-28, good knowledge of written and spoken English, good appearance and physically fit, min height 160cm with weight proportionate to height.

Needed: copy of valid passport with > 1 year validity, SPM cert copy, 2 current photos and copy of previous working experience with certs, if any.

Will undergo written and oral English test, followed by interview. Succesful candidates will train in Kuwait, with allowance, transport and accomodation provided.

Send application before 20 March to:

Kuwait Airways Corporation

Letter Box No. 61,

7th Floor, UBN Tower

Jalan P. Ramlee

50250 Kuala Lumpur

To anyone interested... there's a walk-in interview for Silk Air (regional wing of SIA) as advertised in the newspaper The Star, Saturday March 22, 2008. It will be held on 29th or 30th March '08 at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. Time between 9am - 4:30pm. Identification documents, copies of educational certs and 2 passport-sized photos are required for that day.

Cheers and good luck to those applying!

Thanks to Khaled for informing me about this.

There will be a Walk-in Interview for AirAsia cabin crew next week, on 26th July 2008 (Saturday) from 9am to 3pm at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, along Jalan Sultan Ismail.

I'll be attending the interview. Anyone is going too? Wish you guys good luck. :)

Here's the news clipping (Thanks to Khaled)

pic090qh5.jpg

Can a muslim women attend the interview? Those that wearing scarf and not knee-length skirt? just curious...

Edited by Seth K

Dress code: office attire. (Ladies: knee-length skirt only)

You can be a good muslim lady. Or you can be an AirAsia stewardess. But it is hard to be both.

Thanks for the wishes BC :) Hopefully I get in this time.