MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zulmmy

Kuala Lumpur Air Carnival 2007

It was HORRIBLE !

Absolutely HORRIBLE !

Not to mention many that went on Saturday were utterly disappointed because all the heli's were gone , only leaving the little G.A. aircraft to remain .

They had a ' flight sim ' booth , not sure as to what they were trying to do there .. Made it look like a ' game ' ...

They had another booth showing ' aviation movie's ' , I was expecting to see some ITVV or World air routes DVD , but instead they were showing movie's like Air Force 1 and Apollo 13 , my oh my ..

This year , we had to pay RM10 to even go into the exhibition area , unlike last year where we had to pay to go to the ramp but not to the exhibition area .

Whats the meaning of that , paying so much for some ' nonsense ' inside there .

Why would one pay so much money for that when other events like PC Fair or Matta Fair are free , or if not , it wouldn't be as expensive as RM10 , with the exception of Motorshows of course .

Gav,

This is bolehland. By the look of the entrance, and the fact that need to pay RM10 made me turned off!

I did not enter, but from outside, I see no life inside, so I did not take the risk of losing RM10 from my pocket!

Whatever it is...shame on Visit Malaysia 2007 campaign! :angry:

P/S: Sorry, OT, what happen to the buran? I suppose its bolehland culture again, right? ;)

Well, I was hoping to see fighters but they were gone on Saturday...

Those are tricks to attract people; they knew well the fighters would be gone after Friday but they still put them in the program schedule (though, to be confirmed). I would never be conned again; I forgot I was in bolehland where cheating is prevalent.

Buran has long being cancelled. It is a disgrace to Malaysia and VMY2007 as a whole.

Reason 1: They were already selling tickets during MATTA Fair early this year and the people manning the booths were so sure that the event will be held and busy promoting and taking money from 'would-be' visitors.

Reason 2: It is part of VMY 2007 Calendar.

Reason 3: The Tourism Ministry was also involved by endorsing such event, and had its logo prominently displayed in organiser's website and printed ads everywhere.

In the end, habuk pun tarak.

They did announce it in the papers via a small insertion apologizing and offering refunds. Their website is still around: http://www.mia2007.com/

Might as well call it Missing In Action 2007!

Edited by Rozhan

They did announce it in the papers via a small insertion apologizing and offering refunds. Their website is still around: http://www.mia2007.com/

Might as well call it Missing In Action 2007!

HAHAHA... my middle fingers point towards the organizers.

I'm sorry admins for my language - i'm just too mad now...

The MIA is indeed Missing In Action. To be honest, as a malaysian, i'm embarrased!

Malaysia boleh!

HAHAHA... my middle fingers point towards the organizers.

I'm sorry admins for my language - i'm just too mad now...

The MIA is indeed Missing In Action. To be honest, as a malaysian, i'm embarrased!

Malaysia boleh!

Jerry, u sure u are not involved in the MIA of the entire thingy??? U know what i meant rite kekekeke , but again, SHAME on the Organizers... :angry:

I went to the KL Air Carnival on SAturday,

Paid RM10 for entrance, spent some time on the x-plane flight sim, no one was manning the thing and i saw few kids around so i showed them some flying although i have to admit x-plane is quite different from FS04.

I got to know there were no fighters but still i spent some time looking at the GA planes and later paid RM100 for a 20mins joyride on a Cessna. Nothing interesting but i think its worth my RM10. ohh there were also some acrobatic show before the rain comes in for a while.

Jerry, u sure u are not involved in the MIA of the entire thingy??? U know what i meant rite kekekeke , but again, SHAME on the Organizers... :angry:

Nope, honestly I wasnt involved at all.

Looks like there're others much better than me! Hahahaha!!! :rofl:

Static Aircrafts on the Apron not as many as Last Year.

IMG_1189.jpg

Stray Dog with Pitts Aerobatic Aircraft at the background just landed after a spectacular aerobatic show.

Guess the dog's trying to let go a bomb...

IMG_1232.jpg

Another view of the Dog. It just ran to the Taxiway from the Aircraft apron out of a sudden. How did it

get into the airport?

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Malaysia Airport's Kembara comes to a rescue. Berjaya Air is waiting for to take off on

the runway. When the Kembara came back, it failed to capture the doggie though.

IMG_1234.jpg

Trainer Aircraft from Indonesia - Forgot the name

IMG_1227.jpg

Some chopper Photos

Bare and Naked

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Robinson

IMG_1218.jpg

Closeup View of Robinson in Hanger

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

Eurocopter

IMG_1200.jpg

Spitts doing some rolls

IMG_1210.jpg

Spitts on the Ground

IMG_1186.jpg

Pilots of Spitts

IMG_1187.jpg

Close up of Spitts

IMG_1188.jpg

Cockpit of a light plane

IMG_1190.jpg

Some Private Jet

IMG_1196.jpg

Governement Private Jet taking off

IMG_1204.jpg

Grey Berjaya Air

IMG_1197.jpg

White Berjaya Air Taking Off

IMG_1195.jpg

Berjaya Air at the Apron

IMG_1205.jpg

Berjaya Air Second Officer

IMG_1217.jpg

Sweet Berjaya Air FAs

IMG_1215.jpg

Hoho This does not fly... A Big Fat Hummer!. Didn't know there is one in Malaysia.

Presented in the exhibition area.

hummer.jpg

Popular Faces..Does anyone know the name of this Minister or Member of Parliment?

With Kapten Gatal

IMG_1203.jpg

Waa.. adrian. The doggie cunning indeed! Spotter too!

I saw the spitts during its acrobatic flight at szb, looks pretty scary tho. At first i thought it was a remote control plane bcoz it looks very small.

I saw it dived steeply at MAS complex A, was scared that it crash at the admin building. Seriously low man! Going up, down, up down...

KUKL2007 is a total waste of time, didn't expect such a horrible show to be held during merdeka...Its better to pay RM1 for the airport day pass than to pay RM10 to enter...

On Sunday there were some people taking pictures inside the Robinson hangar and then a few crew came over and told them to go away saying "tuan tuan puan puan tolong keluar..tempat ini bukan show punya" (ladies & gentleman, this hangar is not part of the show).

Edited by LWwong

Just found out the popular face is Tan Sri Dato’ Seri DiRaja Ramli bin Ngah Talib

ex-Menteri Besar Perak and Speaker of the House of Representatves in Parliament.

i was so upset missing the show.

but after reading this thread,

i feel the other way around huhuh

thnaks everyone for sharing! :drinks:

Saadiah lucky you din go.....rm 10 just flew off...wu wu wu ....so sad.....anyway met some friends over there....

[/img]

Popular Faces..Does anyone know the name of this Minister or Member of Parliment?

With Kapten Gatal

IMG_1203.jpg

Nice photos..

I saw the 'Kapten Gatal' As Seen on YouTube' as well.. i actually laughed when i saw him...luckily im a guy, so im quite safe from being 'touched' hahaha

Sign in to follow this