MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
M. Sofian H.

FireFly News Update

Does anyone know the on-time performance of FY? I have a FY flight PEN-KBR on 27 Nov and i have a tight connection of 2.5hrs in KBR to an onward KBR-KUL flight on AK. I'm just concerned that there might be a chance of me missing my KUL flight.

checkout www.fireflyz.com.my for the latest updated

inflight-f-b.jpg

Inflight F & B

penang-matta-fair-2007.png

Penang MATTA FAIR

cabin-crew-03.jpg

Cabin Crew

aircraft-02.png

Nice T-Shirt

aircraft-01.png

Management Team

Penang SalesOffice

penang-sales-office-launch-01.png

penang-sales-office-launch-02.png

penang-sales-office-launch-03.png

penang-sales-office-launch-04.png

penang-sales-office-launch-05.png

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Those pics taken with the aircraft were taken at outside hangar 1 in szb on the day of departure early last month. I was there helping pushing platform for them to stand on top near with the vertical fin. :rolleyes:

web.jpg

Firefly Expects Stronger Second Half-Year Performance

SUBANG, Sept 9 (Bernama) -- Firefly, the biggest turboprop operator in Asia-Pacific, expects a stronger performance for the second half of the year, driven by its RM29 sale for domestic fares and with the holiday seasons.

Chief Executive Officer, Ignatius Ong, said the five-day RM29 sale, which started on Monday, has been driving ticket sales by 23 per cent more than usual for the past two days.

The sale was valid for domestic routes during travel period between Sept 21, 2015 and March 26, 2016, he said.

"We are on track to achieve 20 per cent higher number of passengers this year from 2.2 million passengers last year.

"The second half is traditionally the better part of the year because of festive seasons such as Hari Malaysia, Hari Raya Haji and Christmas," he told reporters after speaking at an educational programme on "Career in Aviation" here.

Firefly today hosted the event for 35 exchange students from University of Lancaster, UK.

On new routes, Ong said, Firefly was set to fly between Kota Baharu and Langkawi three times a week with the first flight to commence on Oct 27.

On regional route expansion, he said, Firefly had been in talks with authorities in Singapore such as the Changi Airport and the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore for more slots.

"We see huge travel demand to Singapore, however, at this point of time there are still flight congestions at Changi Airport," he said.

On FY's booking engine, there is the curious addition of Seletar (XSP) as a (new) destination...prob as Changi is not accepting new FY flights....what's the ground transportation options from XSP terminal?

Doesn't seem to be bookable yet.

The bus 103 has also been extended to Yishun and should therefore provide a connection to the Yishun MRT Station (North-South Line). Any clue when the cutover to Seletar is effective?

KC Sim

Maybe they'll allow Malindo to start turboprop services to give Firefly a run for its money. Wings may also join the party from Indonesia.

Maybe they'll allow Malindo to start turboprop services to give Firefly a run for its money. Wings may also join the party from Indonesia.

That should be no problem, if they all fly to Seletar.

Seletar can be the turboprop hub of SG. Most of FY's pax are biz users anyways. They'll probably use taxis. SG buses are reliable. So the occasional leisure users are covered too.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Seletar can be the turboprop hub of SG. Most of FY's pax are biz users anyways. They'll probably use taxis. SG buses are reliable. So the occasional leisure users are covered too.

Seletar consider quite a remove place in Singapore and taxi won't simply going there.

Public bus are only efficient during rush hour as frequent as 5 to 10mnute, other than rush hour you might going to wait as long as 30minute to catch a bus.

Used to live in Seletar. No problems ever getting a cab. If Airport becomes An RPT again, taxied will return.

In Singapore taxis are free to go wherever they like (correct me if I'm wrong) so when there is traffic they will be there.

They have Singapore taxi. They don't have Changi taxi, Changi limousine, Seletar taxi bla bla bla.....

In Singapore taxis are free to go wherever they like (correct me if I'm wrong) so when there is traffic they will be there.

They have Singapore taxi. They don't have Changi taxi, Changi limousine, Seletar taxi bla bla bla.....

Hahahas!! I like how you put it...reading between the lines. LOLx.

Singapore Government has already announced a few years back Seletar Airport will be redeveloped to become full fledged airport, similar or if not bigger than Subang Airport. All turboprop services will be moved here to ease the congestion at Changi. Together, all the three main engines makers has a massive manufacturing plant here.

Changi T4 and T5 are building up very fast. The current congestion at Changi is pretty bad especially during morning and evening peak waves.

Seletar Airport to get new passenger terminal building by end-2018

SINGAPORE - A new Passenger Terminal Building (PTB) will be built at Seletar Airport to accommodate a growth in air traffic, the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) announced on Thursday (May 19).

The new PTB, which will be constructed at the eastern side of the airport, will boast improved facilities and amenities, and support growing general aviation activities as part of the larger Seletar Aerospace Park.

Construction is set to start in October, and the terminal building is expected to be ready by the end of 2018. A tender for the construction was called on Wednesday (May 18).

Operations at the current PTB located on the airport's western side will then cease, while turboprop aircraft operations will be shifted from Changi Airport to Seletar Airport.

The shift will help to free up capacity for jet aircraft operations at Changi, CAAS said.

"Seletar Airport will continue to be a valuable complement to Changi Airport," said CAAS Director-General Kevin Shum.

"The new investment will also enable more opportunities to thrive in the Seletar Aerospace Park, reinforcing Singapore's position as a vibrant aviation hub."

Mr Lee Seow Hiang, the chief executive officer of Changi Airport Group, which manages Seletar Airport, noted that it had seen upgrades to various airside facilities in recent years.

The new passenger terminal will allow us to better cater to the specific needs of the airport's different users and provide a more seamless travel

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/seletar-airport-to-get-new-passenger-terminal-building-by-end-2018