MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

No More Etihad B777-300ER At KLIA

Apparently EY will be downgrading the KUL sector from 6x weekly 77W service to 6x weekly 332 starting mid-December this year. SIN on the other hand, will start receiving the EY 77W (3 flights a week) several months after EY first service there.

EY B777-300ER capacity :

Pearl Zone (Business) - 28 seats @ fully flat bed

Coral Zone (Coach) - 350 seats @ 32" pitch

EY A330-200 2-class Etihad standard :

Pearl Zone (Business) - 22 seats @ fully flat bed

Coral Zone (Coach) - 240 seats @ 32" pitch

Edited by Isaac

perhaps the 773ER just to cater the peak season during the summer perhaps?

yesterday i noticed Etihad landed at KUL 5hrs late..

In a way, it's good for the pax as most of the 332s are newer than the 77W, whose interior now requires a bit of attention. The seats on the 77W need to go through a period of maintenance as bits & pieces are getting broken/ torn/does not work etc...

It'll be A330 year in 2008 with Qatar expected to have equip upgrade to 330 for KUL. Other A330, AirAsia X :)

Etihad has only 5 B77W. If I can get ETA then I'll have a complete collection. So it is about time they send in different equipmnt. :drinks:

I wondered what is the reason behind this equipment downgrade ... BKK still get double daily EY 77W service. And SIN will also get the EY 77W. Although EY will have only 3x weekly flights initially, i'm sure their SIN flight will become daily after a while.

By the way, SIN has once again been chosen by another Middle-eastern carrier as an intermediate point for their flights to Australia.

Well we all know there are plenty of Malaysians flying for Etihad. Those who flew the A340 and 777 got their chance to fly home ever since they started flying to KLIA. So now perhaps it's the A330 boys turn to fly home. :D

Edited by Ahmad M

Some more, be it regional, Etihad news:

Etihad Adds Three A320s To Expand Regional Flights

August 14, 2007

Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways said on Tuesday it had bought an Airbus A320 and leased two others, adding the first narrow-bodied aircraft to its fleet as it expands its regional flights.

The three A320s will be added to its fleet in September and October, while three more of the aircraft would be added in the first quarter of 2008, Etihad said in a statement, without giving further details.

Etihad bought one Airbus A320 aircraft from US-based KJ Aviation Services and leased two from Air Malta, a company spokesman said.

"Narrow-body aircraft are ideally suited to our growing Middle East and short-haul network, and it will allow us to redeploy the wide-body aircraft," Etihad Airways Chief Executive James Hogan said in the statement.

The first narrow-bodied aircraft will fly from Abu Dhabi to Tehran beginning September 1, 2007, Etihad said.

Etihad has a fleet of 27 wide-bodied aircraft. It ordered 12 Airbus wide-bodied aircraft in June in a deal worth USD$2.4 billion.

(Reuters)

Next time, I hope they will bring in the A340-600 to KLIA :rolleyes:

That is very unlikely as EY 346 is configured with a very generous amount of premium seats.

EY's flatbed direct-access-to-aisle business class seat is probably one of the best around, far better than BA's club world, and probably only exceeded (marginally) by SQ's offerings on its 77W (where one sleeps diagonally, just like the seats on VS, NZ, AC, Jet etc.)

Whilst the aisle seats can do with a bit more privacy, the window seats are very very private...almost like an F suite fo EK's A345 or Jet's 77W.

Edited by mushrif a

EY's flatbed direct-access-to-aisle business class seat is probably one of the best around, far better than BA's club world, and probably only exceeded (marginally) by SQ's offerings on its 77W (where one sleeps diagonally, just like the seats on VS, NZ, AC, Jet etc.)

Whilst the aisle seats can do with a bit more privacy, the window seats are very very private...almost like an F suite fo EK's A345 or Jet's 77W.

But the EY flagship Pearl seat is very narrow. Even narrower than BA's.

But the EY flagship Pearl seat is very narrow. Even narrower than BA's.

As I'm not wide, I'll be more than happy to sacrifice an extra 2 inch. of width by not having to face a stranger on an intercon. and facing backwards by the window.

Sign in to follow this