MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MASWings

Capt Wan Ali was a MH B744 copilot who becomes a F50 ccommander by his own choice. Whilst everybody else becomes 737 captains, he chooses to remain a F50 captain because he wants to be with his family in Sarawak. Otherwise he'd be a B777 captain by now.

As the "rationalisation" comes in 2006 he was left with 2 choice: moves to KUL to continue with MAS, or take the MSS, join FAX and remain with his family.

What would you do if you are in his position?

He was played out by Faux Air, and somehow I think MASwings should take him and his colleagues; after all he is not rejoining MAS. Of course he could also join AK or AKX, but that would defeat the whole purpose of him staying with the F50, don't you think so?

Apparently Capt Wan Ali is the Flight Operations Manager of FAX, and by the way he wrote the letter, he is also speaking on behalf of the other 43 staff in similar predicament. I am indeed sorry to learn his story and the plight of others. Give them the opportunity to serve MAS Wings.

By the way, it is interesting to know that he chose to be in the F50 fleet, when I suppose many would prefer upgrading to jets and see the world.

A comment on the same letter in another website: http://www.mykmu.net/modules.php?name=News...le&sid=6000

Edited by Rozhan

seriously...kept me wondering..why import when local can produce?

seriously...kept me wondering..why import when local can produce?

Well one of the reason I can think of is save cost? Getting crew from previous FAX might cost them more in term of salary maybe? Just my 2 cents.

it is interesting to know that he chose to be in the F50 fleet, when I suppose many would prefer upgrading to jets and see the world.

it make sense if you are already settling down ... if I already have kids I wont want to spend most of the time away from home. ;)

Does MASWings will do the online ticketing? anybody know the url?????

maswings.com.my???

I think better MASWings do same way like FireFlyz.com.my

because, user have many option to buy the ticket like from

1. Website

2. MAS Counter

3. Sales Office

4. Travel Agent and more....

It appears most MAS contact points with customers at this moment is still blur, except for the callcentre 1-300-88-3000. I wanted for some fare quotes as I plan to do some travels to the interiors of Sarawak early next year. The timetable can already be found at MAS online schedule, and also Amadeus.

MAS ticket office KLIA on 2 September: "I don't know. I can't check it in the system, try call the contact centre....".

MAS Golden Holidays booth at MATTA Fair KL on 7 September: "Sorry, our system is different. Maybe you can call our contact centre".

I didn't ask any travel agent though as I did not want to feel obliged to buy any ticket from them.

Edited by Rozhan

MAS ticket office KLIA on 2 September: "I don't know. I can't check it in the system, try call the contact centre....".

MAS Golden Holidays booth at MATTA Fair KL on 7 September: "Sorry, our system is different. Maybe you can call our contact centre".

I didn't ask any travel agent though as I did not want to feel obliged to buy any ticket from them.

I asked the MAS ticket office in BKI exactly the same day, and they did answer me, but consulted a senior on how to access the data... So maybe just the personnel themselve are not familiar with the system??

And OT, how much usually an agent charge for a ticket sold? I never buy ticket from any agent...

Taking about Stuff, difference point of view have difference outcome.

In the view point of MAS, they don't expect to separate people by paying X amount of RM then in 1-2 year time hire them back to the company. In the case for some of those base in BKI and KCH received they did received huge amount of money, even more then KUL base. Why? Because last time when "MSA" not MAS form the company they incorporated Borneo Airways into the company, thus stuff also absorb from Borneo Airways into MSA. MSS work with time factor, so the longer that person stay in the company the more they will get from the MSS. How much? We are talking about 5 figure pay. It's a jackpot for those who receive money yet still work in the company if they are re hire. Of cause not everyone get 5 figures, but yet the amount is huge. This is why a lot of stuff opts to get MSS because of the huge reward. In the corporate world CEO have to complied with it shareholder by gain money and not pay give money. Just like I pay someone else to leave pool yet in another way that person jump back in again and try to swim. :mellow:

But for stuff I'm sorry to hear about their situation. Come on people!!! They are just looking for a job, so give them the job if they are suitable to do the job. They have got the skills that the company needs. And also they know aviation and died for aviation hehehe this is the best of all that we all have to agree. :drinks:

I say we have to seek for the intermediate point where both parties can agree with and do the best for the RAS as poor performance of RAS harming the tourism industry after the government make some (I don't know good or bad decision). But question arrise if hire back will the MSS stuff willing to take new pay which is much lower then they old pay or will MAS have to pay them high pay like last time but yet MSS consider being a failure which they pay huge amount to compensate? :help:

I asked the MAS ticket office in BKI exactly the same day, and they did answer me, but consulted a senior on how to access the data... So maybe just the personnel themselve are not familiar with the system??

And OT, how much usually an agent charge for a ticket sold? I never buy ticket from any agent...

I guess some staff just could not be bothered to go the extra mile.... maybe 'work to rule' or 'silent strike', if it still on!

I believe there is an RM10 extra fee for travel agent-issued tickets.

really???

try this MIRI-MUKAH?

sorry for my ignorance. :sorry: just heard someone said. too bad, forgotted where i heard it from.

just got back from SZB ...noticed two F50 in full MASwings livery inside the hangar ... :yahoo:

didnt bring my cam...i noticed it from the runway...ill try and see what i can get later this afternoon when i enter SZB again...

Edited by Fairul

Actually it was mentioned on Samsyuri's signature notes hehe 9M-MGA is in MASWings colors already... what's the rego of the second one?

MGA and MGB are already in MASwings colours. The next one would be MGD. MGB currently having C-check but will be ready before 1st of October. The colours are very nice. Blue, green and glossy white like firefly.

Gosh! Sung, that is indeed nice colors! Can't wait for more... More More! :yahoo:

i must do some more and more spotting within this two weeks. else my Dark equip will missed the DLA. kekeke... anyway, nice pix from you, Sung. thanks a lot for it.

btw, did i saw seven-colour on the tarmac? :p