MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seng Lim

AK to start HKG route by Jan 2008

AK is set to launch KUL - HKG flights by January 2008.

They also plan to build their low-cost terminal hub in HKG as well.

Full details at:

http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.js...47d800-41d77c90

Potential prospect for AK to land in HKIA...especilaly with the existing of Virgin shares in Airasiax, it will certainly helps in the negotiation process to secure more landing rights and to have a new LCCT too :rolleyes:

Where is the LCC being planned here at HKG? Isn't the space limited there

Btw, I dunno how they gonna be so-call success from HKG route unless the pax traveling point to point. Most pax that goes thru there are flying full fare airlines, although AKX will be introduce, I doubt how ppl wont add couple of hundred of bucks for convenient, the demand for long haul low cost isn't big enough, I read at A.net that Oasis loosing money and Jet* pulling out HNL. May be seasonal can work better

only 2 cents, no flame

Edited by Seth K

HKIA is far away from the city centre on a island itself...im sure if they plan for a LCCT, space is still available by reclaimation of sea...but of course that will cost a lot but by return is definitely rewarding...given that HKIA is a major hub in Asia. :rolleyes:

AK is set to launch KUL - HKG flights by January 2008.

Will AK shift their MFM flights to HKG, or are these additional ? :huh:

They also plan to build their low-cost terminal hub in HKG as well.

Would it be safe to assume "They" means HKIA authorities and not Air Asia (which Datuk TF's quote implied) will be doing the construction ?

AirAsia to launch 3 new HK routes

Kuala Lumpur: Low-cost carrier AirAsia Bhd plans to fly to Hong Kong from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok in December this year.

The air fare for the Hong Kong route will be HK$400, the airline's senior media relations executive Janet Leow said Thursday.

She said group chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes was in Hong Kong recently to discuss the matter with the airport authorities.

"Earlier, we used to fly to Macau only because the Hong Kong Airport charges were expensive.

But now we have secured a remote parking area, of which the cost is much lower," Leow said when asked if AirAsia will be flying to Hong Kong.

However, she said, the frequency has yet to be finalised.

The carrier was also putting a request to the Hong Kong Airport authorities to build a low-cost carrier terminal, Leow said. - Bernama

But now we have secured a remote parking area, of which the cost is much lower," Leow said when asked if AirAsia will be flying to Hong Kong.

The prime suspect is the apron space at the end of the Y shaped terminal where the fire station is? Saw a few HK Express 738s, Atlas Air and QF A330 there. Or the apron space which sometimes used by MAS 734 from BKI when the aerobridges are fully used?

Guys imagine tht AK promotion fare RM9.99 to HK....hehehe... Weekend shopping in HK is not a dream...kidding kidding! :p

Guys imagine tht AK promotion fare RM9.99 to HK....hehehe... Weekend shopping in HK is not a dream...kidding kidding! :p

amen to that! :drinks:

AirAsia to launch 3 new HK routes

..... plans to fly to Hong Kong from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok in December this year.

Two has been revealed, what is the third ?

Kuala Lumpur: Low-cost carrier AirAsia Bhd plans to fly to Hong Kong from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok in December this year.

Sneeze,

Hope to see you again for the 3rd MW Anniversary !!! :pardon:

Now everyone (= even Sneeze) can fly !!! :yahoo:

The prime suspect is the apron space at the end of the Y shaped terminal where the fire station is? Saw a few HK Express 738s, Atlas Air and QF A330 there. Or the apron space which sometimes used by MAS 734 from BKI when the aerobridges are fully used?

To my knowledge MAS B734 doesnt use the aerobridges in HKIA. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kenneth T

You wouldn't hazard a guess at BKI, would you? ;)

Would be great if it's so, but is there really such a huge demand ?

Between MH/KA, there is now double daily BKI/HKG vv, AK already does BKI/Macau daily, reportedly going to do BKI/Shenzen soon. If AK is going to offer BKI/HKG too, we'll be really tapping into the Pearl River Delta region ! Zhu Hai next ?! :)

I have been to Zhuhai several times in the past few months, I think the domestic load there is okay, hardly any international traffic there actually. A lot of people from Zhuhai and Zhongshan actually travel to Shenzhen by car over the Humen bridge at the Pearl River Delta to catch a flight at Shenzhen Baoan airport as flight schedule and timing there is much better (more exposure to other cities). AK is probably better looking at Guangzhou Baiyun airport next than Zhuhai ;)

Edited by S V Choong

To my knowledge MAS B734 doesnt use the aerobridges in HKIA. :rolleyes:

Used to, but not in the last 2 years. Now it is always the remote bays.

Oh i see, cost cutting measures huh? I did remember I flew MAS 734 from BKI and they did use aerobridge in HKG but the last few time they didn't.

You wouldn't hazard a guess at BKI, would you? ;)

OK, you got it right there ! :)

AirAsia launches three new Hong Kong routes

HONG KONG (AFP) - Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia will launch three new daily services to Hong Kong, press reports said Thursday, the latest sign that the airport's luring of cheaper airlines was paying divideds.

AirAsia's chief executive Tony Fernandes said the carrier would launch new daily routes from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu between December and January, according to a report in the South China Morning Post.