MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

738 Air Force One??

Simon, it is a C-40 Clipper,a military version of the B737-700 . It is for the US government leaders. Condoleezza Rice, United States Secretary of State is in Perth.

Nice one Kian.. must be cold to be out there taking those secret shots.. and hand helding the cam. wow.. all the way YPJT to YPPH for this one shot.. kindda far driving hehe.. :lol:

Oh well ... I was at the comfort of Obs deck and had my dinner at the airport food court. Before I left, just walk to the fence where the C-40 parked, snapped a few shots and then blah (walk away quickly). Compared to driving to KLIA from Bandar Utama on almost every other weekend when I was in KL. YPJT to YPPH is nothing lah. 25km drive on the Row Highway-Tokkin Highway took only 20mins.

Great shots of Kondi's jet! I thought she uses the 757, didnt know they have a BBJ

Everyone was hoping for the wingletted C-32A. Probably because this is not an official visit, just an social visit. So no budget or needs to fly the B757. :pardon:

Erm..btw, what time will she depart tomorrow ?

She will be in Perth for only 18 hours so I guess she will depart around early noon today.

Here's one more pic, look at her motorcade and entourage.

01-0041_YPPH_240708_2.jpg

Took this shot when the air is cleared. Someone, please remove that lamp post. :angry:

01-0041_YPPH_240708.jpg

Kian Hong, if that lamp post is removed, there goes your lighting for the shot :rofl:

Anyway gotta salute your dedication as a spotter what with 25 km drive and pixs. Lovely pixs. Thanks for sharing.

PS Is that a Ford Tsaurus in the pix?

Edited by fablee

Fablee.. in Aussie, that Ford is called Ford Falcon if not mistaken..

Simon, it is a C-40 Clipper,a military version of the B737-700 . It is for the US government leaders. Condoleezza Rice, United States Secretary of State is in Perth.

Thanks for the infos MIR :drinks:

Nice shots Kianhong :clapping:

Dei nice pics lah Kancheong! :)

Roe highway and Tonkin Highway!! Hahaha so long in Perth never learn already ah?! :)

Kian Hong, if that lamp post is removed, there goes your lighting for the shot :rofl:

Anyway gotta salute your dedication as a spotter what with 25 km drive and pixs. Lovely pixs. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for compliments, fablee. :drinks:

hiyah ... 25km drive is nothing lah compared to the over 60km drive to KLIA.

Roe highway and Tonkin Highway!! Hahaha so long in Perth never learn already ah?! :)

Ehh... Fei Zhai ... let's not talk about my spelling mistake. :pardon:

How are you back in the fast pace SIN city? Everything OK? Joyce at STC treat you nice? =@ :p

Thanks for compliments, fablee. :drinks:

hiyah ... 25km drive is nothing lah compared to the over 60km drive to KLIA.

Bro , i hope u didnt bump into any speed traps ... 80km/h .. where as in KLIA.. 120/130km/h? hehe

I'll be in Perth the whole month of Sept.. catch up with u Kian :p

Bro , i hope u didnt bump into any speed traps ... 80km/h .. where as in KLIA.. 120/130km/h? hehe

I'll be in Perth the whole month of Sept.. catch up with u Kian :p

Hmm... the speed limit on Roe Highway and Tonkin Highway is 100km/hr, while at certain place like near junction or traffic light - 80km/hr.

So usually take me about 20-25mins to get to spotting locations.

Ahh... finally. See you in September. :drinks:

Aiya..i missed the DC-3..only got the info when i returned home at 1100. :cray:

Testing some nose shots this morning..

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

Nice nose of the OzJet, but why the high ISO in broad day light?

Photos look a bit noisy.

Kian Hong, thanks for the comments ! I got the right device already but somehow still struggling to get the right settings to get a good photo + need to brush up my editing skills. Maybe later, when i go to Jandakot you can gv some advice ... :D

Kian Hong, thanks for the comments ! I got the right device already but somehow still struggling to get the right settings to get a good photo + need to brush up my editing skills. Maybe later, when i go to Jandakot you can gv some advice ... :D

Mir.. lets do some serious spotting with Kian Hong in Sept.. i'm around thruout Sept

Mir.. lets do some serious spotting with Kian Hong in Sept.. i'm around thruout Sept

Ok !! Sure..sure..!! :yahoo: Waa..thruout September? You're coming for vacation or working?

Ok !! Sure..sure..!! :yahoo: Waa..thruout September? You're coming for vacation or working?

I wont be telling, or else u guys will kacau me hahaha :p

I wont be telling, or else u guys will kacau me hahaha :p

Honeymoon ?? ok..ok..will not kacau.

OZjet-IndoJet departing to Denpasar..

ozjet.jpg

Ruslan Smokey Touchdown !! :yahoo:

IMG_3046.jpg

Thrust reverse..

IMG_3056.jpg

Taxing to bay 50

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_30745.jpg

Thanks for viewing.. :drinks:

Wow, lovely shot of the RUSLAN bro... where' she from? and payload is?

Noticed Ruslan is not center on taxiway centerline hehe

Nice catch of the AN-124 Ruslan, MIR! :drinks:

I believe this Ruslan was carrying some heavy stuff for Australia Defence Force. ETD tomorrow 1100LT.

Sorry mate..i've no idea where she is from. She's here to pick up some giant cable rolls.

Nice catch of the AN-124 Ruslan, MIR! :drinks:

I believe this Ruslan was carrying some heavy stuff for Australia Defence Force. ETD tomorrow 1100LT.

Kian Hong, Thanks for the info ! :drinks: