MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Kian Hong, very nice photo :good: Good shotting. Like the Virgin Blue, the model will be arrive soon...can't wait it. :yahoo:

Thanks also to the displaced threshold due to runway construction, all aircrafts came in higher than usual and landed right in front of me every time.

A Garuda 737 almosts land on airport workers today. The 737 didn't use the displaced threshold. Perth Tower ordered it to abort the landing approach and go around..

Edited by MIR

A Garuda 737 almosts land on airport workers today. The 737 didn't use the displaced threshold. Perth Tower ordered it to abort the landing approach and go around..

Anything caught on camera??

Indonesian carriers are really scarry!! They didnt get any NOTAM b4hand?

The first attempt was crew initiated go-around when they asked why there was workers on the runway, 2nd time the tower told the go-around which they didn't, they just pulled level at approx 50ft and flew over the workers, then landed (without clearance) after the displaced threshold.

Its in NOTAMS and you're warned multiple times on your way in by ATC!! Can't wait to read the ATSB report on this one!!

Certainly is, opb mix of A342's and 3's (odd -600 in peak times)...miss the old mix of 74L's, 2's and 3's (which in the latter part included ZS-SAJ "Ndizani" almost every week!). Up until early 2000's the flight used to route JNB-PER-SYD return, with Qantas operating the opposite flight the same day (some QF flights also used to route via Harare). Now Qantas operate summer flights only SYD-PER-JNB, and year round SYD-JNB flights (SAA codeshare, as QF codeshare on PER-JNB).

Guys, A333's back on arvo SIN run now, -EBX ferried into HKG today for maintenance at HAECO.

Ha ... I knew this would happen sooner or later. The Garuda I saw on May 14 came in real low in relative to where it supposed to be. It floated for a second or two and landed right on the displaced threshold which is slight south of rwy 21 & rwy 24 intersection. Before that, tower had repeatedly remind all landing of the displaced threshold. No less than twice on tower frequency.

Indonesian carriers are really scarry!! They didnt get any NOTAM b4hand?

They either can't read or can't comprehend what the information given to them.

Edited by kianhong

Ha ... I knew this would happen sooner or later. The Garuda I saw on May 14 came in real low in relative to where it supposed to be. It floated for a second or two and landed right on the displaced threshold which is slight south of rwy 21 & rwy 24 intersection. Before that, tower had repeatedly remind all landing of the displaced threshold. No less than twice on tower frequency.

They either can't read or can't comprehend what the information given to them.

i was hoping someone caught it in action hehe... those workers must have had a scare of their lives... :blink:

Really pity the workers. Wonder if they are heavily insured. Guess they really went ducking for cover when they see the Garuda coming straight at them. First go around should have strike something in the minds of the crew. Where is the situational awareness I wonder.

Is the ILS or PAPA recalibrated for the new displaced threshold?

Kian Hong,

Nice variety of Jumbo's there!

thanks for sharing..

:yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo: __ :yahoo:

9M-MRD_YPPH_170508.jpg

My salute to one of the most beautiful aircraft in the world.

Thank you for dropping by and allow me to see you for the one last time.

Gorgeous !! :good::good:

The most beautiful aircraft in the world in the world's most isolated city !!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers mate !!! :clapping::clapping:

When are they goin to repaint it to the normal livery ?

Hooroo Heliconia...:cray:

I was about to say the same,... Nice shot there Kian Hong, It might be the last glimpse before getting herself bleached. :drinks:

Edited by Ignatius

Nice stuff, Kian! Glad you got there with a milli-second to spare! But you did miss 9V-SRM in new livery.

Is the ILS or PAPA recalibrated for the new displaced threshold?
Temporary PAPI, intensity is 5...so NO excuse!

See: ATSB report

Thanks guys. Yeah ... probably will be my last time seeing MRD in heliconia scheme.

Glad that Liam (Thanks bro!) gave me a call, gave me just enough time to reach Gate 4 with a minute or two to spare for setting up.

Good Bye

9M-MRD_YPPH_170508-1.jpg

But you did miss 9V-SRM in new livery.

No worry ... SRM will come again. But I will probably see MRD in her new dress next time round.

Awesome pictures, Kianhong !!! :drinks:

Didn't know MK is operating ex-CA 747's, so that was an eye-opener to me :pardon:

Thanks for the beautiful- and close-ups of the Dutch Lady; I really love her dress ;)

Some really interesting traffic there, with AMSA and Customs some-more... :blink:

Thanks a lot for sharing... ;)

Hi,

A few shots from the weekend.

MD-95s are as common as F-28 mk 100s in Perth.

IMG_5244_VH_NXO_e1.jpg

A Brasilia from charter operator, Network Aviation.

IMG_5175_VH_TWZ_e1.jpg

Thai's Star Alliance A330 visited Perth on Saturday & Sunday.

IMG_5229_HS_TEL_e1.jpg

Obligatory Fokker photo.

IMG_5067_VH_FNI_e1.jpg

Ian

Wow, the blue skies back in Perth.. nice stuff Ian... light is just too good :drinks: Perth Intl thread is active and running... good on u Kian Hong, MIR, Liam, IAN, hmm did i miss anyone else?? hehe.. :clapping:

Wow, the blue skies back in Perth.. nice stuff Ian... light is just too good :drinks: Perth Intl thread is active and running... good on u Kian Hong, MIR, Liam, IAN, hmm did i miss anyone else?? hehe.. :clapping:

Sandeep G. ?

darn..im missing aussie's bluesky! nice pics Kian!