MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Yup, standing on top the children slide between departure & arrival. :pardon:

Need a 5 step ladder.

Wow, so no children there playing except you i reckon hehehe... How many mm needed Kian Hong to spot from there??? I only know where to shoot approach from the ther end of the runwei hahaha... :pardon:

Wow, so no children there playing except you i reckon hehehe... How many mm needed Kian Hong to spot from there??? I only know where to shoot approach from the ther end of the runwei hahaha... :pardon:

Sunday mah, all go to church. I was the only big 'children' playing there. Hahaha... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

200mm would be sufficient for B767, B777, B747, A330, A340 rolling-down-the-runway shots.

300mm with some cropped is needed for B737s, B717s, and F100s.

400mm & above would be needed for anything smaller than F50s.

Iggy, ur BIGMA takde masalah!. (No problem!)

Heat haze is a huge problem especially when there's a marked different between air temperature and surface temperature. All my shots after 10:30hrs look like PER on a constant tremor. :angry:

Next weekend I should try afternoon approach shots near the place you mentioned. Wind favour Runway 21 for the rest of the week. B)

Liam! Wanna go? :rolleyes:

hahaha , i guess after 1030, you should shift to approach spots, that way no tremor looking shots :lol:

I hope you know where to spot for Runwei 21 shots... I've spot near the highways (Kalamunda Road) ... , my main problem is that sometimes both R21 and R24 are in used, so I've always been cursing when i was at R21 when the QF738 is on R24 finals.. then when i was at R24 waiting, Bae's was on R21 finals... arrrgghhhh... catching mice on the run!!! :pardon:

This is where I spot the last time round

R21R2402.jpg

Maybe there is a better spot, i don't know, would like to know a better spot though hehehe :pardon:

Edited by Ignatius

PM me ur email. I'll email you a Google Earth *.kmz file that's created by a local spotter, Carsten Bauer. It contains about 10 locations with descriptions of what to expect and the best to spot. You may check his photos on A.net.

Haven't been to the locations you mentioned. Safe to spot there? Any shades? :p

Edited by kianhong

I should be free to go next week. Can show you some spots around the trap...

The VN bird was put out on 61A (ie parallel to the terminal). She'll be leaving in the morning.

Oh ya, -FNT was the bird you shot many times in Mandarin colours at XSP.

The 744 was a QF flight. It was a 743 replacement flight, as the old girls have a habit of going u/s!

I should be free to go next week. Can show you some spots around the trap...

;) Cool, will text you before the weekend to confirm.

Still using the number that end with 744? :pardon:

Affirm! Tell that Indian colleague of yours to make himself available on the weekend as well!

Wilco!

Sucky weather this morning at PER.

Thunderstorm looming over the horizon.

VH-ZXA_YPPH_220308-1.jpg

For a brief moment, sun was shining its golden light.

VH-TJL_YPPH_220308.jpg

VH-VXF_YPPH_220308.jpg

Try my hand on a nose job. :p

VH-ZXA_YPPH_220308.jpg

Was actually waiting for this Thai 773, but light was sucks! :angry:

HS-TKD_YPPH_220308.jpg

Fokker 100

VH-FNJ_YPPH_220308.jpg

Gave Thai a nose job too as she pulled in. :pardon:

HS-TKD_YPPH_220308-1.jpg

Qantas B717 in new color. :)

VH-NXQ_YPPH_220308.jpg

I left immediately after Singapore 224 took off from runway 21.

9V-SRH_YPPH_220308.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

KianHong, Victor Sun(x)ray Foxtrot is fantastic... :drinks: so the weather is ugly now ehh??? No more sunny Perth?

KianHong, Victor Sun(x)ray Foxtrot is fantastic... :drinks: so the weather is ugly now ehh??? No more sunny Perth?

Thanks Iggy.

Not so ... just that when I was free, weather decided to become ugly. <_ could be kul>TaiKo bringin cloud to sabo me. :p :rofl:

As winter approaching, we'll see more and more bad weather sweeping across WA. You better hurry if you wanna catch these metal bird in sunny Perth.

Iggy, later in the day it became perfect!

Nice shots, Kian! You're game getting up early to go spotting, I only ever do, if i'm working

Edited by Liam Gibb

Iggy, later in the day it became perfect!

Nice shots, Kian! You're game getting up early to go spotting, I only ever do, if i'm working

Yeah Iggy, it was much better towards the afternoon. I left early cause I couldn't stand the cold wind, it was 22C blowing at 15kts. :wacko:

Thanks Gibby! Was there just to get the first wave of morning arrivals. Sucky weather spoilt the morning.

Luckily there was this brief moment of golden light, else I would be cursing all the way back.

Guess we'll be meeting up for spotting in a later time of the day next time. :p :lol:

Spot on! Me and mornings...well lets just say, I've never been a morning person...

Anyhoo, some pics from today:

"Malaysian 124" on pushback from sunny PER to horribly wet KUL

TK_MRB_5.jpg

TK_MRB_4.jpg

"All clear left, clear right"...taxi out to rwy21 for Nambu 4 departure

TK_MRB_2.jpg

And one for Azahan's family album

TK_MRB_1.jpg

And who ever said small men, can not fly big planes is wrong...Bye TK! :drinks:

TK_MRB_3.jpg

Hopefully next subject will be 732 N413JG :drinks:

Ha ha ha ha....one happy Pilot there...

Thanks Liam..

I will see you again...maybe in the next ..8 months...as usual.

KUL wx was terrible...

KLM went around, MH 737 ahead went around...MH 124, Landed with Visual runway 32Left in heavy rain. exit via Charlie 6....he he he

But after entering taxiway Charlie...we stopped...Seriously heavy RAIN at KUL around 2145.

Kianhong...

Great darkbackground shots there :clapping:

Liam..

Hahaha... you caught the 'happy pilot'... Good one.. good weather too..

Ha ha ha ha....one happy Pilot there...

Thanks Liam..

I will see you again...maybe in the next ..8 months...as usual.

KUL wx was terrible...

KLM went around, MH 737 ahead went around...MH 124, Landed with Visual runway 32Left in heavy rain. exit via Charlie 6....he he he

But after entering taxiway Charlie...we stopped...Seriously heavy RAIN at KUL around 2145.

TK...

The rain was held-up by somebody in the afternoon for the F1 race, I think...

So when he left the area.... boom! :rofl:

Thanks Norman. :)

Spot on! Me and mornings...well lets just say, I've never been a morning person...

And who ever said small men, can not fly big planes is wrong...Bye TK! :drinks:

TK_MRB_3.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gibby! That's one really nice shot! Perfect sunshine, perfect colour and perfect subject too. :good:

TK, u make it look so easy to fly a T7, got time to pose some more. :D

kianhong, sucky weather or not, I really like your first photo. Love the grey-red hues as the background, it looks like water-color painted!

:lol: Cool photos of TK, Liam! Haha... you put them in zoom-in sequences too. Nice nose photo, showed the color peeled off in tiny patches already..

the Malaysian subject for today is a nice old workhorse, turned bizjet...N413JG!

She made an interesting first appearance into PER today, declaring she had low fuel and thus recieved a priority clearance. Passing FL130 on descent she had just 4,000lb's or 20mins of fuel left onboard! Needless to say, it was uneventful after that, except PER today rwy03 has a temporary threshold displacement and she shot for the normal one, so had to float down at bit to clear the gable markers. After that most arrivals were put onto rwy21 with 5kts d/wind...which caused some trouble. One QF 763 was just 3ft off the runway, floating down, went around!

Anyhoo, here she is...sorry not great, but high sun doesn't help...

N413JG_1.jpg

N413JG_2.jpg

N413JG_3.jpg

Looks good to me. Like the silver & royal blue combo... like Malaysian Police. :pardon:

What is this Weststar 732 here for btw?

Cheers Walter...

Kian, I honestly have no clue as to why its here. This one is being handled by Qantas which is a shame, as there goes my chance of getting a sneak peek inside

the Malaysian subject for today is a nice old workhorse, turned bizjet...N413JG!She made an interesting first appearance into PER today, declaring she had low fuel and thus recieved a priority clearance. Passing FL130 on descent she had just 4,000lb's or 20mins of fuel left onboard! Needless to say, it was uneventful after that, except PER today rwy03 has a temporary threshold displacement and she shot for the normal one, so had to float down at bit to clear the gable markers. After that most arrivals were put onto rwy21 with 5kts d/wind...which caused some trouble. One QF 763 was just 3ft off the runway, floating down, went around!Anyhoo, here she is...sorry not great, but high sun doesn't help...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/liamou/N413JG_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/liamou/N413JG_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/liamou/N413JG_3.jpg

FANTASTIC SHOTS OF THE WESTSTAR LIAM GIBB !!!

SPOTTED IT NEAR THE RAILWAY LINE ??

WONDERING..WHEN SHE'S DEPARTING ?

WANNA HV A LOOK AT IT !!

Cheers Walter...Kian, I honestly have no clue as to why its here. This one is being handled by Qantas which is a shame, as there goes my chance of getting a sneak peek inside

Maybe they are here juz for lunch..fish n chips at freo..

Edited by Jonathan Kong

It was still there when I went past the airport today.

That photo was taken from the bushland at the Tonkin H'way end of Kew St in Cloverdale. My fav Rwy03 arvo spot.