MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Jetstar KUL/SYD promo tix

This is about as cheap as you could get, on the base RM88/way.

jq1kk9.png

Extras?

jq2oq8.png

[source: http://www.jetstar.com/salefares-kul.html]

Blankett and pillow.... that should be free add on for long flight journey :angry: :angry:

They really want to make $$$ on anythings... i think in future low cost flight, need to put coins to enter the toilet.

RM85 for makan?

If RM85 is too expensive for you, just bring your own food. JQ allowed passengers to bring & have their own meal but won't reheat for them.

Blankett and pillow.... that should be free add on for long flight journey :angry: :angry:

They really want to make $$$ on anythings... i think in future low cost flight, need to put coins to enter the toilet.

Most no-frills carriers do not provide blanket/pillow. And JetStar is a no-frills carrier. The flights quoted by Naim is about 3 times cheaper than MAS. At least the seat pitch on JQ 332 is not that bad (2-4-2 with 31" pitch). Air Asia X will configure their 333 Economy section in 3-3-3 with 29" pitch. I'd expect JQ to configure their 788 Economy in 3-3-3 with 31" pitch.

Edited by Isaac

And in their premium economy cabin, Star Class - you get seats the size of QF's domestic J seating (Millennium seats), catering, comfort pack and entertainment unit all complimentary. You will also get Qantas Club access in Australia, as well as J points and status credits on Qantas Frequent Flyer.

Edited by Keith T

If RM85 is too expensive for you

It is. :blink: Pardon this orang kampong. ;)

Edited by H Azmal

If RM85 is too expensive for you, just bring your own food. JQ allowed passengers to bring & have their own meal but won't reheat for them.

Then i would bring nasi bungkus (packed rice) with sambal petai, tempoyak or sambal belacan with daun kadok for ulam. yummm...

Hmmm.....1915 departure? What is the arrival time? Should be during daylight then.

For Cap Radzi yup it arrived SYD at early morning 0610 local time.

For meal I think it is a bit hard as PAX are not alowed to bring in liquid; food may contain liquid. If the food is no liquid base but still we can't bring water in to cabin. 8 hours human do need water. Unless we buy from airport which emm it would be half price from the price menu that it show.

For cheap I say RM88 is plus tax and surcharge is super2 cheap. After promotion 1 way plus tax and surcharge will be RM1796 base on the website which is average price only. Not to say compare where this is totally difference airport people in BKI are more have a better deal as normal fare for BKI to SYD return that show in the internet can be as low as BND 762 = RM1828 *rate 2.4/RM. And RBA is a full fare airline. So what I mean is that the airfare for JQ is not that really cheap at all.

Btw do any of you guys know how to obtain ETA free beside from travel agen and airline company?

For meal I think it is a bit hard as PAX are not alowed to bring in liquid; food may contain liquid. If the food is no liquid base but still we can't bring water in to cabin. 8 hours human do need water. Unless we buy from airport which emm it would be half price from the price menu that it show.

FYI plain water will be provided FOC onboard JQi flights + unlimited free refills.

FYI plain water will be provided FOC onboard JQi flights + unlimited free refills.

Oh ... Then JQ International is not really a no-frills carrier ...

As for RM85 for the meals ... Their site saying that RM85 is for two meals. You can buy the meal when onboard the flight but it will be more expensive. Whether it is expensive or not we won't know until we know the size of each meal served.

Edited by Isaac

Not to say compare where this is totally difference airport people in BKI are more have a better deal as normal fare for BKI to SYD return that show in the internet can be as low as BND 762 = RM1828 *rate 2.4/RM. And RBA is a full fare airline. So what I mean is that the airfare for JQ is not that really cheap at all.

Yes BKI based passengers are lucky to have RBA. I flew them early this year (around Easter time) on BKI-BNE via BWN. Return was only RM1600+ (RM1100+ plus taxes) per person! :good:

i think the meal looks expensive when they actually list the price down. usually, when you travel on other carriers and you pay RM800/900 for the ticket, they do not list how much you're paying for your food..

the price is very very cheap...can't wait to see what airasiax can offer now..

For the meal, one time serve or dinner+breakfast? Then it sounds cheap............

Edited by Seth K

Jetstar Eyes Major Airbus Order

July 24, 2007

Qantas Airways' low-cost subsidiary, Jetstar, said on Tuesday it was looking at making a large order for Airbus A320 aircraft to meet its growth plans for Australia and Asia.

Jetstar Chief Executive Alan Joyce said the airline needed a "very large" order to meet growth plans from 2009 onwards, particularly in Asia where it has bought a stake in Vietnam's Pacific Airlines.

"We have been talking to the Qantas board about the potential for a big fleet order to cover our long-term growth aspirations and we are working through that evaluation," Joyce told reporters on the sidelines of the Asia Pacific Aviation Summit.

"We do need a significant order of A320s to cover our long-term growth aspirations."

Parent Qantas said in March it had ordered nine additional A320 aircraft for Jetstar, which is also scheduled to take delivery of 15 Boeing 787 planes in 2008.

Qantas earlier on Tuesday unveiled a modernized version of its famous Flying Kangaroo logo and launched a new "premium economy" class on international long-haul flights.

The logo, released amid a fanfare of publicity, still features a white kangaroo on a red background but the shape of the image was tweaked to fit on the tails of Qantas' new super-jumbo A380 aircraft.

Richard Branson's rival carrier Virgin Atlantic responded, accusing Qantas of "jet lag" because Virgin introduced premium economy in 1992.

Jetstar is expanding domestically and wants to grow in Asia. Earlier this year it bought a 30 percent stake in Vietnam's Pacific Airlines.

The deal is due to be completed on July 31 and Pacific will be re-branded with the Jetstar brand by mid-2008, Jetstar said.

Joyce said the low-cost carrier was still interested in taking stakes in more Asian airlines in the longer term but was currently focused on Pacific and its subsidiary Jetstar Asia.

Jetstar is losing money on its Japanese routes as the Australian dollar rises against the yen, keeping some tourists away from Australia. Joyce said the airline expected to remain profitable.

(Reuters)

OT: Oasis now offer free connections with Jetstar.SG via HKG on the LGW/YVR flights :pardon:

erm.. is the seat provided? may be have to bring own chair? :rofl:

Thanks but I'm more concern about KUL arrival. :rolleyes: For spotting purposes.

Anyway now we can't bring water on board. We'll have to buy water from them. And it won't be cheap.

Did some checking, Sept 9 departure 1215 hrs and KUL arrival at 1855hrs... enough sunlight?

Edited by Yusoff

I dont understand a thing what she's saying but i get the idea and found myself laughing watching it. look at her face and reaction the second time: :D

Did some checking, Sept 9 departure 1215 hrs and KUL arrival at 1855hrs... enough sunlight?

arrival 1855 / departure 1915.... 20minutes turn around :blink:

arrival 1855 / departure 1915.... 20minutes turn around :blink:

Daylight saving dude. Arrival 1855 is for all those flights before 28 Oct 2007 while dep 1915 is for flights operating between 28 Oct 07 -30 Mar 08 during daylight savings.

ah! cant seem to find any RM88 for kl -sydney. its Rm488

Meaning rm88 has been sold out, or only available on a limited number of days.

Edited by Keith T