MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sandeep G

Air Asia Vacation work

Here are some snaps from my time at AirAsia. Part of the compulsory vacation work for engineering students, I was lucky enough to score a 2 month stint with AK Line-maintenace smile.gif Which mean't I got Up close and personal with lots of their birds smile.gif some birds in red too smile.gif hehehehe kidding smile.gif

Here is AAP just returning into service after the infamous landing in KK smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

This is the wheel well of the aircraft smile.gif All the hydraulic tanks are here smile.gif System A and B on the forward right and left respectively and the backup in the centre. I had just topped up system B back to 100 qty smile.gif

user posted image

Main wheel smile.gif

user posted image

powerrrrrrrr

more to come soon smile.gif keep tuned

Edited by Sandeep G

realy scare to see those hydraulic thing.. wacko.gif can show me the inside part of engine... happy.gif more please..

BTW : you got some AK stewardess pic wink.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

some more smile.gif

user posted image

just towed her to the AK hangar by 32L

user posted image

light was sooooo bright smile.gif but gave a nice effect like the aircraft disappearing smile.gif

user posted image

AAP is a non-EFIS bird. BTW, the reverse throttle on engine 1 was still INOP! There was a large wire tide around it to make sure no captains on his check flight would use them rolleyes.gif

user posted image

mayday.. mayday!!! checking all the bulbs work!

Spare bulbs are located on the F/O sides in the sidewall.. neat little compartment, I'm sure Radzi and TK are familiar with.

user posted image

Sorry, engine cowls only open at night, and I never brought my camera other days, so this is the closest of the engines smile.gif

user posted image

MAS hangar looking busy!

S V,

That's what it says in the 1st line of Sandeep's post wink.gif

Y J,

INOP = inoperable (not usable) wink.gif

hey guys, thanks for the replies smile.gif

Sanjay, I'm studying for Bacehlor of Engineering (Mechanical) and Bachelor of Commerce (Corporate & Investment Finance) at the University of Western Australia.. one more semester to go..

So..if you're studying Bachelor of Engineering there....why were u picked to do the practical of air asia here...r u under AK..or ...is it juz industrial training

Nice Lat Livery wub.gif.. and the cockpit shoot realy superb laa ( you tak main main ker dengan button button tuh or find the pushback button) biggrin.gif ... such a big engine.. tongue.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

So..if you're studying Bachelor of Engineering there....why were u picked to do the practical of air asia here...r u  under AK..or ...is it juz industrial training

9162[/snapback]

hehe.. why not right, I do it as part of my industrial training, and at the same time its something I absolutely love smile.gif It was great! The team there is very professional and friendly and everyone gets to know each other.. I had a great time smile.gif

Yeah Liam smile.gif definately man smile.gif

hehhehe I almost scored a trip to LGK and PEN with the flying engineer, but alas, I stayed at KLIA smile.gif

Sandeep does this mean...AK pays for ur studies..or r u juz doin industrial training as part of a collaboration between AK and the University?

9743[/snapback]

wwuuuaahhh I wish man smile.gif on the contrary, there is no link between AK and UWA where I am studying...

I just applied for some vacation work there and got the job.

Nice Lat Livery wub.gif.. and the cockpit shoot realy superb laa ( you tak main main ker dengan button button tuh or find the pushback button) biggrin.gif ... such a big engine.. tongue.gif

9173[/snapback]

blink.gif fingers off the buttons on a life aircraft in the hangar! unless you want to create havoc, of course tongue.gif tongue.gif

wwuuuaahhh I wish man smile.gif  on the contrary, there is no link between AK and UWA where I am studying...

I just applied for some vacation work there and got the job.

9768[/snapback]

How do you apply? Do you need to write letters? And what are the chances of getting the job? Can also apply to do industrial training for MH also ah?

Edited by Delwin A

of course you do, Delwin. CV is a must, not forgetting the cover letter.

i tried applying for vacation training with MH (management, though), but they never got back to me - both via email and postal. mad.gif then i start to wonder if they ever bother about it... dry.gif

Hey Delwin and Tony.

I feel the only way to do it is to be somewhat persistent in your efforts. Get in touch with someone from Human Resources and tell them you argument, and why you want to work there. Email them your CV and Cover letter. Send it by post also! Guarantee yourselves that it will get to their attention! Once you have a contact on the inside learn who are the other people that you need to talk to. I took around 1.5 months of dealing to score this job but it was well worth it.. No pay! but for someone like us, WELL WORTH IT smile.gif Try your luck and remember to always be polite smile.gif

Be Persistent, NOT Pushy smile.gif

Sign in to follow this