MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Weisuan

Culling The Flying Kangaroo?

Aha! A Qantas fan or just a fan of Wunala Dreaming and Nalanji Dreaming? I think Qantas should retain Skippy. Can't imagine anything else on the tail. If they are bored with the current flying kangroo and are hankering for a change, perhaps a flying kangaroo done in aboriginal painting style, similar to the one used by Australian Airlines, would represent Australia quite nicely.

It's Qantas mate and not just Wunala and Nalanji :good: Agree with you on a roo a'la Australia Airlines :rolleyes:

I have to say that the kangaroo does need a bit of a facelift. Bring back the flying kangaroo of the 70's!Rest assured, their logo will remain a kangaroo, so you won't be seeing platypus's or emu's any time soon...maybe they can make each engine a different beer label...i remember the failed start-up backpackers express a few years ago wanted VB cans for engines cowls...very very aussie!

How about the boxing kangaroo like the one on the B742 after the America's Cup victory in 1983 :huh:

Better look (and comparison) of the new logo:http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/new-logo-n...5043075260.html (thanks to Keith T)Did someone hit Skippy's leg? The leg does need trimming. Qantas new font, i like.

Ayoyo! Ugly lah <_< :nea:

Edited by Hisham Albakri

er...

I think someone in Qantas' art/marketing department was absolutely sloshed when they came up with this - an insane WASTE of money!

It really does now look like a flying kangaroo on a jenny craig diet - I suppose that would be in line with all the cost cutting at Qantas - even skippy isn't fed properly..

Hopefully some public outcry will prevent this utter waste of time change in corporate logo.... crikey... they're better off with the orange star!

It really does now look like a flying kangaroo on a jenny craig diet - I suppose that would be in line with all the cost cutting at Qantas - even skippy isn't fed properly..

LOL :rofl: I have to say the new roo looks a little odd.

The gold band that runs from fin to bottom of fuselage - did that go with this revision or was it deleted sometime ago ? Bad bad memory and little attention for details nowadays I fear !

Was told by a friend working in QF that the new logo is designed partly to accommodate a large 'no paint zone' at the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer on A380 and some of the newer generation a/c which has narrower tail fin. It is designed such that the Roo doesn't look amputate by the horizontal stab. I think the little 'plastic surgery' done on Skippy looks OK to me. :)

These are what I found, quite some mixed reactions:-

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,2348...3-27977,00.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/25/qantas_logo/

The gold band that runs from fin to bottom of fuselage - did that go with this revision or was it deleted sometime ago ? Bad bad memory and little attention for details nowadays I fear !

The golden stripe is gone in the new logo. Here's a pic on a.net to illustrate the disappeared golden stripe :

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1239395/M/

I've always love the now fonts. did show the Qantas moved from 20yo corporate logo to a new design. but the skippy could be better than what it is now.. or maybe i, as well as others, need some time to get used to the new Skippy. people sometimes finds it hard to adapt to changes. like using a new system, moved to a new environment. so does this new skippy. but people always love it when changing to a new car.. :blink: :p

Sign in to follow this