MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

MH explains delays: several AOGs

I dont know what happen here..it seems like MAS staff are unhappy with the management, bad days for MAS huh? It's time for MAS to review the fleet now...especially the B737400S? I wonder when they will announce the fleet renewal for the B737? :rolleyes:
haha...i think everyone should be expecting the announcement end of this year during LIMA.Remember that they said end of this year?
a320 will replace them all...yet another yell for the most well known slogan in malaysia: "malaysia boleh"
737NG?

Today's (18jul) flight is even worse: ETA 0120/ETD 0300 on 19jul07, meaning more than 13 hours delayed :o :nea:

Actual times were: 19jun ATA 0326 ATD 0558, meaning a delay of MH017 of 17 hours and 58 minutes :o :angry:

Today's 19jun MH017 was delayed as well, due to crew rest (see 0326 arrival)...

See the Flightlogbook section for more...

delays in london is so common.. why are these ppl complaining for just merely an hour delay.. maybe when they live in europe or the states.. they will know what a real delay is meant to be.. eversince working in the airport, i can see how the operation works for an airline.. n i know why there is a delay.. our flights has been delayed so much for the past 6 weeks that our pax has got so used to it.. the first question in check-in is.. are we on time???

<_<

The entire population of MAS’ over 200 operating pilots, the most important part of the MAS family, were not offered the ESOS at all, including pilots with 20 years of flying service with MAS. Only two pilots who are now in management positions were given the ESOS.

http://malaysia-today.net/blog2006/reports.php?itemid=6610

200 pilots? 1000+ actually.

Partially agree with the article though.

Whinner, whinner, whinner :pardon: An hour delay, what's big? Yes in States it's worse, sometime flights delay for days, happen to me during winter after heavy snow storm, I even camping at the airport, no food voucher, definitely on your own, at least MH give out food coupon etc. Talk about an hour delay, oh please, MH delayed me more than 7 hours before, I shud be on the news :diablo:

Agreed. Snow storms = not fun.

Things should be put in context though - delays of these sort may be common in the States, especially East Coast toilets like Kennedy or Mother O'Hare, but they are definitely not common for Malaysia and MH. So whilst 1 hr may be 'normal' in the former context (I'm booked on QF108 JFK-(LAX)-SYD in Feb which is literally NEVER on time - no chance to be on time given its peak hour blocks - delays of 1 hr are common, up to 2 hrs not uncommon!), pax in Asia might not be used to such delays, particularly infrequent flyers, and are more likely to complain bitterly as a result.

For me I'd calmly walk back to the lounge, get a G+T or a glass of bubbly, turn on my laptop or settle down to a novel and put it all down as part and parcel of the trials and tribulations of travel. :)

Edited by Keith T

a320 will replace them all...

yet another yell for the most well known slogan in malaysia: "malaysia boleh"

Now, we gonna witness the 1st A319 into the government....I hope PMB or MAS will follows suits sit the AIRBUS order.....Well, though MAS management has denied that the MAS staffs are on silent strike....but in reality they are already going slow on just go with the procedures if not working efficient enough :rolleyes:

NST Online » NewsBreak

2007/07/22

MAS flight schedule change causes MCA leaders to miss convention

KOTA KINABALU, SUN:

A last-minute change in MAS flight schedule to Kota Kinabalu cost dearly to four MCA leaders.

Party deputy president Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy, vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Fong Chan Onn, deputy secretary-general Datuk Hon Choon Kim and central committee member Datuk Kong Cho Ha missed the Sabah MCA convention.

Sabah MCA chief Datuk Edward Khoo said he received a message that Chan and Fong could not attend the convention due to a change in flight schedule.

They were initially scheduled to arrive here at 12.10pm, he said.

Asked to comment on the incident, MCA president Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting, who had arrived earlier, said Chan, who is also Transport Minister, knew what to do to address the problem.

Of late, MAS has come under severe criticism for frequent flight delays, cancellations and over-booking, rendering passengers stranded at the KL International Airport (KLIA) for hours and even days.

It was reported yesterday that an Australian family has been stranded at KLIA for five days after failing to get seats on MAS flights to Melbourne.

They have been sleeping on a row of seats in the terminal building, bathing at the airport’s restrooms and surviving on a diet of bread, tuna and instant noodles.

===

2007/07/21

Family stuck in KLIA for 5 days

By : Irdiani Mohd Salleh

SEPANG: An Australian family has been stranded at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport for five days after failing to get seats on Malaysia Airlines flights to Melbourne.

They have been sleeping on a row of seats in the terminal building, bathing at the airport’s restrooms and surviving on a diet of bread, tuna and instant noodles.

In April, businessman Afrasiyab Mohammadiyan Diznab, 52, his wife, Vesaliyeh Norouzi, 51, their daughter, Saba, 21, and son, Houman, 13, went to Teheran to visit relatives — their first visit since migrating to Australia 13 years before.

They planned to be back in Melbourne in May. However, they could not find any available MAS flights to Kuala Lumpur as they were travelling on open tickets. "We had to wait two extra months there before we got the tickets.

"But when we reached here on Monday, we were told that all the flights to Melbourne were fully booked and the next available flight was in mid-August," said Saba, a beauty therapist.

She was told they would get seats if other confirmed passengers cancelled their flights and they had to register themselves on the waiting list every time there was a flight to Melbourne.

"We can’t stay in any hotels because we have to save our money in case we need to buy another ticket for my mum, as it is expiring on Tuesday.

"I know this is the risk of buying open tickets but we didn’t expect to be stranded here this long," Saba said.

She hoped their ordeal would end soon as her mother was suffering from a stomach ulcer and did not have her medication.

+++

Most delays in the States are related to weather, heavy traffics (like during peak hours). Sometimes a plane has to wait for like 30 minutes before their turn to take-off.

In Malaysia, at WMKL yesterday was quite something.

It was raining and this MH was waiting for one sole Middle Easterners look-alike :pardon: to board. I mean he was called upfront on the PA, walking to the gate still talking on the phone, being stopped at the last boarding gate by MH security to abandon the talking yet still have his own sweet time to talk :angry: . All the while the aircraft was waiting for him. <_<

Pity for the security who has no choice but to enforce "abandon the phone or the aircraft abandon you" (can see from his facial expression). Finally, as soon as he board, the aircraft taxied. :blink:

Here we have ATTITUDE problem.

Slightly OFF TOPIC : Need not say more about the AK queue, what's more with the X-press boarding in place.

"But when we reached here on Monday, we were told that all the flights to Melbourne were fully booked and the next available flight was in mid-August," said Saba, a beauty therapist.

I had encountered this problem once in a foreign country. It was around Christmas (19 December). All flights back to KUL were fully booked and the next available flight will be after New Year. So my dad decided to buy a new ticket with another airline.

Understand MH announced an interim bonus of half month or RM1000 which ever is higher for everyone to calm down discontent staffs.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Understand MH announced an interim bonus of half month or RM1000 which ever is higher for everyone to calm down discontent staffs.

:drinks:

A little too late I believed and those who got the special payment before will get another windfall so there is another bone of contention.

Serba serbi salah and nasi sudah menjadi bubur.

MAS shooting two feet with one bullet! weather related is excusable but other problems can be easily avoidable with proper planning. and employer dont play play with performance based assessment!! this is serious and it is very sensitive if process is screwed up!!

even 1/2 month bonus would not undo the frustration! too late!

wonder they have ever heard of this basic tips:-

"if u want to take good care of your clients, first you must take good care of your staffs"

or

"the best asset of a company is its employees"

This may sound trivial but how actually do we define delayed flight? Is it only confined to ETD delay? or just ETA? or both ETD and ETA must be delayed then considered the flight is delayed?

To make it clear

If a flight is delayed from ETD but arrived on time as ETA, is it still considered a delayed flight? or

A flight departed on time as ETD but arrived late from ETA, will it be considered on time flight?

If both the above question is a delayed flight, So when a flight delayed both from ETD and ETA, is it mean the flight have a double delay?

And by International standard If I am not mistaken a flight will only considered delay if there is more than 15 minutes deviation from Estimated Time. is it true?

*ETD= Estimated Time of Departures

*ETA = Estimated Time of Arrivals

Sign in to follow this