MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Aerobridge Collapse

This morning, the aerobridge at A2 (A2R) collapse, shearing off the forward entry door of a Malaysian A330.

I saw the door being loaded on a truck, however the aircraft was already towed away so I couldn't get the registration.

This morning, the aerobridge at A2 (A2R) collapse, shearing off the forward entry door of a Malaysian A330.

I saw the door being loaded on a truck, however the aircraft was already towed away so I couldn't get the registration.

Whoaaa :blink: ..that's one bad news..

What happened? :sorry:

Any pix of the collapsed aerobridge? How did that happen??Someone sleeping on the job or mechanical fault? <_>

OMG :blink: Could you imagine at the time of the collapse, there were actually passengers walking to or from the aircraft :o :huh:

All these things will be swept under the rug to retain all these glorious titles :)

.....hence this post. At least we know.

dunno why there's been many maintenence issue lately...

OMG :blink: Could you imagine at the time of the collapse, there were actually passengers walking to or from the aircraft :o :huh:

Similar case happened just not so long ago. An Air China B767 nose gear collapsed during the boarding process. Scarry huh !

Anybody has the picture of the collapsed aerobrige ?

This doesnt surprise me at all....i still remember last month when i boarded the aerobridges..and since it was raining outthere.. and thus i can see water in the aerobridges...as a reseult of leaking from the side....KLIA really needs a proper management, cant blame them also...it's a result of greed and the corrupted Malaysian :angry:

This doesnt surprise me at all....i still remember last month when i boarded the aerobridges..and since it was raining outthere.. and thus i can see water in the aerobridges...as a reseult of leaking from the side....KLIA really needs a proper management, cant blame them also...it's a result of greed and the corrupted Malaysian :angry:

Anybody noticed KLIA has somehow loss its shine ? And the restrooms are not tidy, the smell of urine. Most of the restrooms for disabled people have non-functional doors. And many more ... Changi Terminal 2 has tidier restrooms.

Edited by Isaac

what a suprise....hope no one was injured in the acc...i guess most of us here are hungy for photo's......... :help:

-MKE was the bird, had door L1 ripped clean off!

Poor Kilo Echo, she was the bird who didn't quite make the turn hard enough on the really tight rwy25 (guys in KCH??) turning node 18months ago.

Most likely due to some loss of hydraulic pressure most likely to the strut that it is supporting it due to perhaps lack of maintenance or just a plain accident .

Oh well , looks like we're now one more aircraft down for at least a week or two ..

While driving to work just now, I heard that a MH flight to PEK was delayed last night due to an incident involving the aerobridge and the plane's door....

Any further news?

Theres another similiar thing happened to MH right? but not at KLIA..

It happened to a B744 at AKL sometime early last year if I'm not mistaken :pardon: There was a thread here under General Aviation if I recall it correctly.

While driving to work just now, I heard that a MH flight to PEK was delayed last night due to an incident involving the aerobridge and the plane's door....

Any further news?

Affendi - Read the thread 'Aerobridge Collapse, Aircraft damaged' under General Aviation. The first posting was made by Capt Radzi. Did you hear it on the radio :huh:

Capt Radzi - So much for 'sweeping under the carpet' ;)

Sign in to follow this