MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

MasWings Recruitment

hahaha..thanx Sam and Ewan....actually i made a last minuted decision since Adrian has convinece me to give it a try for the very last time...thanx for all ur wishes....Btw, Adrian must be zzz now....cos he dient zz last nite...being over too excited... :rolleyes:

yeap! Spot on Kenneth hahaha, was sleeping when I got home hehe, Just woke up. Anyway I have give it my best and hopefully good news will come for me and for Kenneth.

This interview was less nervous (I didn't say I wasn't nervous :p ) than my 1st interview with SQ. Overall all I'm happy with the effort I had put in this. If I didn't get the job (touch wood hehe), I wouldn't wish I did anything different in the interview.

yeap! Spot on Kenneth hahaha, was sleeping when I got home hehe, Just woke up. Anyway I have give it my best and hopefully good news will come for me and for Kenneth.

This interview was less nervous (I didn't say I wasn't nervous :p ) than my 1st interview with SQ. Overall all I'm happy with the effort I had put in this. If I didn't get the job (touch wood hehe), I wouldn't wish I did anything different in the interview.

and also remember who u had mee rojak with that lunch time ok...hehe...

not to forget dinner pre interview as well...muahaha...

may the force be with u Adrian and Kenneth...

Kenneth, you know? when i passed by the junction of Beverly Hotel, on the way to central market, i saw you guys coming out. :)

What time is it? Perhaps it's during the lunch time where we went for lunch at Sembulan since the interview is the noon :rolleyes:

:unsure: Does anyone know if MAS is ever going to recruit stewardess in KL again?

:( Been waiting like ages to try my luck in it since i do not wish to go too far from my hometown....

:help: Can someone tell me PLEASE, how do i go about applying for it !?

:unsure: Does anyone know if MAS is ever going to recruit stewardess in KL again?

:( Been waiting like ages to try my luck in it since i do not wish to go too far from my hometown....

:help: Can someone tell me PLEASE, how do i go about applying for it !?

To my knowledge, there's no intake for the time being since the MAS MD has once stressed that the current employment will be further reduced again this year. I had manage to get some opinion from some of the cabin crew on my flight lately and they reconfirmed such statement. The wide body fleet conversion has also been prozen till further notice. Anyway, u can try Airasia.com and ciurrently they are still recruiting for cabin crew. Cheryl, welcome to malaysianwings.com and make ur stay a pleasant one....hehe ure probably the only female here...keep posting ya :rolleyes:

To my knowledge, there's no intake for the time being since the MAS MD has once stressed that the current employment will be further reduced again this year. I had manage to get some opinion from some of the cabin crew on my flight lately and they reconfirmed such statement. The wide body fleet conversion has also been prozen till further notice. Anyway, u can try Airasia.com and ciurrently they are still recruiting for cabin crew. Cheryl, welcome to malaysianwings.com and make ur stay a pleasant one....hehe ure probably the only female here...keep posting ya :rolleyes:

What about narrow body conversion?

What about narrow body conversion?

"narrow body conversion" - if taken per se, and if you can commercialize it successfully, you'll have a huge back log of cases building up (mainly from the female gender I imagine) that will make you an instant millionaire :)

Sorry, going OT here !

OR you can try SQ also..advantage is you straight away get onto the wide bodies and fly all over..their interviews isn't that tough also..if you need pointers, feel free to ask me. :) :)

What do u mean by narrow body conversion? Wide body conversion is from narrow body to wide body fleet. Haha

Oops, sorry I misunderstood your meaning... Hehe...

OR you can try SQ also..advantage is you straight away get onto the wide bodies and fly all over..their interviews isn't that tough also..if you need pointers, feel free to ask me. :) :)

Sri Ramani,I thought SQ is strict with cabin crew selection? U work with SQ?

they are strict no doubt..any airlines are strict when it comes to CC selection..i am proud that i made it to become a Singapore Boy, but unfortunately due to unavoidable circumstances, i had to decline the offer..they look for people with attitude, and someone who can carry the image of SIA..but they're humble enough to offer malaysians to be part of them..go grab the chance! they're recruiting in malaysia now. apply online, and the interviews will be held in september..cheers!

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

they are strict no doubt..any airlines are strict when it comes to CC selection..i am proud that i made it to become a Singapore Boy, but unfortunately due to unavoidable circumstances, i had to decline the offer..they look for people with attitude, and someone who can carry the image of SIA..but they're humble enough to offer malaysians to be part of them..go grab the chance! they're recruiting in malaysia now. apply online, and the interviews will be held in september..cheers!

Glad that you got throught the intereview. Seems like you had just left go a good potential career prospect here, so for who are interested, please grab the opportunities :drinks:

Thanks for posting the add. It's interesting that they advertised for pilots in Australia before advertising in Malaysia. I wonder if they received any applicants from Oz? Anyone in Oz with those sort of command hours could pretty much jump into a jet job with Virgin Blue, Jetstar or Tiger, no problem.

I see, i'm going to try for Air Asia then. By the way is it hard to get in Air Asia? And how's the pay like? Well my sis with Emirates and she keep telling me the pay in Air Asia is low...

Edited by cherylburning

Well of course for people who work in Emirates will say airasia is low because Emirate is taxless non-deductable salary in US Dollars, with perks such as accommodation allowance, transport included, laundry dobby allowance, meal allowance, 30 days annual leave, free tickets back to your home country and back, nightstop allowance based in the currency where you nightstop at. All International routes. Coversion to RM in Emirates pay, airasia pay is peanuts.

You look at airasia pay, RM3k-RM4k per month, self transport, no accommodation allowance, tax deduction, EPF deduction, point to point but in the end you still going home to KUL at the end of the day. And you still have to buy meal for yourself. Who knows you need to pay for your uniform. (Someone can prove this? I only know pilots need to pay for their uniform.)

I agree we still need to look at the money at the end of the day but in the beginning it's better for us to grab any chance we have and go in aviation first, after you have experience then you start to look elsewhere (to the middle east if you desires) still it's never too late. You have the experience, airline will fight over to get you. (And your resume will look better with "Current/Previous Job: Cabin Crew - AirAsia" than "Current/Previous Job: Non-Aviation or Customer Service related")

Life is short, there are lots of people wanna get in as cabin crew, as pilot, but they can't and have been trying very hard, it's not the time to be salary choosy and picky. What matter is we get to fly and work in our dream job, ain't it? If you do get in, consider yourself are lucky. (Especially the unfair competition between some people who get in easily through the help on pulling cable. Started to sound like TF, aren't I?) :p

CherylBurning (if that's your real name; if isn't, please PM Gavin your real name to have it change or you risk having your account deleted),

I failed in SIA and MASWings interview, after few times failure you will understand it's anything goes be it start from ground crew in airasia and climb up the ladder to cabin crew. The interview is so competitive and cut throat that one does not have a choice but to stop cherry picking the salary/airline when you can't even get in.

I'm still scouting for other chances and keep going for the cabin crew interviews and I'm even currently applying to be ground crew in airasia. Trust me, nothing feels better than you successfully got selected into an airline. Here I wish you good luck and all the best applying to be a cabin crew. Let's work hard together and I look forward to work with you one day. :)

OK, done I have finish saying my bragging peace. :lol:

Edited by Adrian M

good one Adrian. money isn't everything when you start off in this industry. it is the experience that matters. about the pay in AirAsia, you have to understand that they're a budget carrier compared to Emirates being a full airline. no doubt that getting in Emirates is an opportunity that everyone would dream of, but bear in mind that the interview process isn't going to be a walk in the park. i've seen about 900 people turn up for the interview and at last only 8 were selected! but of course, with the courage and perseverance, one wouldn't have problems getting in at all.

i too had to endure hard times before i finally found something. like what Adrian says, if it is the love for the industry, anything that comes along shouldn't be a problem. don't be picky and choosy as you're in a fight with hundreds of them who are dying to get a chance to be part of an airline. in my case, i was a final round failure with MAS as a cadet pilot, a first round reject from AirAsia's cadet pilot scheme, but fortunately my last 2 tries as a steward with SIA and an engineering trainee with AirAsia prevailed. i had chosen the latter one as my life for now and i have no regrets whatsoever! good luck in being part of the airlines, i wish you all the best.

I see, i'm going to try for Air Asia then. By the way is it hard to get in Air Asia? And how's the pay like? Well my sis with Emirates and she keep telling me the pay in Air Asia is low...

Hi Cheryl, well Airasia still expanding especially with the soon to be launched Airasia X. There's pros and cons if you ended up in AK or Emirates. Life in the midle east could be quite boring in view of your family is here in Malaysia. $ and the opportunity to see the world are of course the main reasons for most people who wanted to join the airline industry. However, the airlines in the world had suffer from a majot setback over the last few years....life as a cabin crew may not be as glamourous and rewarding as before as LCC had started to rule the skies now...Price wars on tickets and increase in fuel price had pushed the airlines to cut cost and since staff cost is one of the major cost in most airlines, we will not see that welfare of the crew will be further improved in the near future. :angry:

So, my assumption was right then. I've decided to try my luck in Air Asia 1st. By the way, my name is trully just Cheryl but thinking of changing it to Cherylburning in my ID. :p

Yup, AK will conduct walk in interview from time to time, so keep writing and who knows u may be the lucky one on the next round? Cheryl, we still advise you use ur real name instead of burning, haha

hmmm, any news if MAS cadets in training could get sent to MASWings, would be an interesting experience!

Edited by Raveen