MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

NSD MH330

I remember reading here or elsewhere that MH will implement an enhanced business class service (NSD) on its A330s. This was to include, amongst others, portable PTVs and better cradle seats (like those that came in the leased 9M-MKS or the 332s).

Does anybody know the status of this or any updates?

Actually, this news was posted in A.net.

* MH is refurbishing its A333s. As revealed by Isz1:

9M-MKF, 9M-MKS, 9M-MKR are now with "new" GCC seats w/o PTV. Making its debut soon, the 8 inch AVOD Portable Media Player (PMP) aka eVU Mobile Entertainment Device to be offered onboard MAS A333... if iam not mistaken they also add 2 more seats in that zone.

For EY, they removed the main screen and replaced it with drop down LCD monitor... more or less for every 4 rows. 4 more seats in zone C and removed the main screen divider and doghouse. Slimmer EY seats compared to the older ones.

GCC In flight services onboard MAS A333 to be upgraded to RNSD (Revised New Service Delivery) sytle aka MAS B772 and B744 inflight services... as more and more A333 crew rostered for A333 RNSD Classes. New dining ware etc... phasing out old dining ware etc. All these are temp solution until the arrival of "brand new" "replacement" aircraft... first A333 RNSD flight... september. more and more MAS A333 to be retrofitted into this new confi.

* B734 product enhancement. As revealed by Isz1:

Other than that, our hardworking and very sporting AIC ex-KUL might dress EY seats with new headrest cover... white/light grey as opposed to the current one... blue. i think it looks great as it brighten up the cabin interior. MQO is the only MAS B737 with dark brown interior carpet.

Thanks Isaac, great news indeed!

9M-MKF, 9M-MKS, 9M-MKR are now with "new" GCC seats w/o PTV

GCC seats WITHOUT ptv?? What...?

Thanks Isaac for the info! Really appreciate that!

But kinda disappointed they are not going to install lcd screen in their 737. Be it drop down or in front I'll jumping happily!

As far as I know, 9M-MKR and 9M-MKS, being leased A333, already came with better biz seats by default as these were installed by their previous operator. They were not refurbished by MH per se, which probably only changed the seat covers to the corporate purple scheme.

I wonder how many have been refurbished to date? I understand that some A333 still today have that horrible & very dated original pinkish seat covers in C.

MH A330's cabin are quite old by now...i wonder how long will the retroffiting takes....so new headrest will been introducted to all B737 fleet as well? Thought they are planning to phase out the B737400s by stages from end of nexy year onwards? Good news for frequent flyer who travels regularly on the domestic route.... :drinks:

This will be fourth time MAS is changing the seat configuration on its 333.

When the 1st 333 entered service with MAS in 1995, the plane had : (below)

F-12, C-56, Y-213

Then it was changed to :

F-12, C-32, Y-250

3rd time it was changed to (current) :

C-44, Y-250

Soon :

C-44, Y-254 (if i am not mistaken)

Can someone takes any picture of this new GCC seat? Are you using the old GCC from B747 and B777?

the last time i flew on MH's A333 last month, the overhead compartment for cabin luggage was shaking everytime during take offs.

Can someone takes any picture of this new GCC seat? Are you using the old GCC from B747 and B777?

TYPO:

correction: Are they using the old GCC seat from B747 and B777?

the last time i flew on MH's A333 last month, the overhead compartment for cabin luggage was shaking everytime during take offs.
It's normal i think. I've flown on MAS 333/332 many times, The overhead compartment always shaked (terribly) everytime during take-off and landing.
TYPO:correction: Are they using the old GCC seat from B747 and B777?
It didn't mention ... But i don't think so. Because The old GCC seats from 744 & 772 came with built-in PTV and i don't think the seats can fit into the 333 (well, or may be just the window GCC seats).

Guest Fendy

the business class seats in the 332 leased in are terrible. very uncomfortable, had a backache even after only a 4 hour flight from PER

It's normal i think. I've flown on MAS 333/332 many times, The overhead compartment always shaked (terribly) everytime during take-off and landing.

Caused by the flexibility of the fuselage; I've flown a lot on the DC-8-63 between AMS and LHR (+ v.v.) on the last row, and you should see the cabin 'sweep' during the flight :blink:

Their 332 is really in bad shape, the legroom in economy is unbelievably tight for tall ppl like us me and my parents hv a hard time enjoying the 55 minutes flight to PEN, let alone the flight all the way to Turkey :help: Readjust the econ seats configuration, I thought the biz legroom is a bit too much...........I think it's going to be the new seat, the old one is the same.

Edited by Seth K

Exactly....A330 is always bumpy during take off, landing and turbulence....Some pilots told me that it is due to the wing design which is a little bit longer...and stretched out :rolleyes:

The latest Going Places mag mentioned that on "some flights", biz pax can request for a portable media player. And typical of MH, no further details provided, what flights, what the media player offers, and if this offering has even started.

Good move, the absence of PTV in the GCC seats is only because they dont intend to keep this aircrafts too long.

How soon is not too long ? Like all 333 will be gone by 2010 ?

..... on the last row, and you should see the cabin 'sweep' during the flight :blink:

What a freaky prospect - certainly not for the faint hearted !

Have not had the good fortune to hitch a DC8 ride before, but if I ever do, must insist on the back row then !

What a freaky prospect - certainly not for the faint hearted !

Have not had the good fortune to hitch a DC8 ride before, but if I ever do, must insist on the back row then !

BC,

AFAIK no DC-8-61's or DC-8-63's in passenger service anymore :sorry:

Caused by the flexibility of the fuselage; I've flown a lot on the DC-8-63 between AMS and LHR (+ v.v.) on the last row, and you should see the cabin 'sweep' during the flight :blink:

'Sweep'? :blink: :blink: as in moving left and right??...

A documentary program on the last BA Concorde flight from JFK to LHR had the camera on the floor at the back of cabin, and showed similar flexing of the fuselage. It was more towards 'up-down-up-down' motion.

Edited by Rozhan

A documentary program on the last BA Concorde flight from JFK to LHR had the camera on the floor at the back of cabin, and showed similar flexing of the fuselage. It was more towards 'up-down-up-down' motion.

Owh... like 'painting the wall' somekind huh? eheheheee... :lol: Sounds pretty scary but interesting though.. so the planes are designed to behaved (or tolerate?) that kind of 'torture', i reckon..

AFAIK no DC-8-61's or DC-8-63's in passenger service anymore :sorry:

Thanks for confirming that ! Didn't really thought I'll get a ride on those oldies to start with (hence the "... if I ever do ..." !) :)

I wonder if there is similar effect on the long birds of today : A346 ? B733 ?

I have been near the back row of a B744, did not notice anything - probably cause I wasn't looking out for it though

Sign in to follow this