MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

OMDB Spotting Trip

Hi Everybody,

Sorry to load you guys up with pictures...but here are some MORE. The following are pictures which i took during a spotting trip around OMDB/DXB/Dubai International Airport.

a6eaq7xo.jpg

Alpha Quebec on Finals for RWY 12R

a6emn6ff.jpg

EK's long beauty, Mike November..on finals for RWY 12L. She resembles a flying pencil! :lol:

atlasairn523mc9jh.jpg

An Atlas heavy thundering down the approach path..destined for one of the '12' runways.

9mmka0ly.jpg

Our very own 'Jaguh Malaysia' zooming towards the airport. Clouds started to roll in after she landed.

a40lh1mj.jpg

Gulf's Golden Falcon! Snapping her was the highlight of my day!

brtishgulfan129cq.jpg

This British Gulf ANTONOV 12 is a regular into Dubai. Check out the tiger decal on her fuselage. Clouds blew away before she arrived. Splendid! B)

qr3006009fo.jpg

First Qatar flight of the day. Operated by the A300-600

qr3191001ew.jpg

Second Qatar flight of the day...this time operated by their Baby Bus...Juliet Alpha.

ur82060antonov2fk.jpg

My last photo of the day...the mighty beast in all its glory..the Antonov 225 Mriya. She was here for quite a while! Over a month in total! Appologies for the trees and construction equipment...this was the best view of the aircraft.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! :D

Please give the moderating team some time to process your requests as we are currently filled with unending tasks . In time to come , we will select the nicest shots and place then in our Malaysian Wings Gallery . Off the record , NICE SHOTS DUDE !

Imran,

Great shots: hope the weather will be as nice as on these pictures early in 2006: no restriction on photography in the UAE, whatsoever ?

Imran,

Great shots: hope the weather will be as nice as on these pictures early in 2006: no restriction on photography in the UAE, whatsoever ?

249[/snapback]

Pieter,

Aviation Photography is very much hated by Airport Security...but we manage :D

But at KLIA .. if we stand at the weather station . nobody bothers us . but i can only wonder why because , when we're standing at 14L . we're further away from the runway , but they dont allow it .. its strange to me about what these people are up to .. but well . they have the authority .. we just have to find our ways to hide from them or something la ...

You know...I'm sure they know that we are spotting at all these different spots...but only a few of the security officers find us disturbing, hence only some of them chase us away.

We are not disturbing them wat...for wat they want to kacau us oso...

In Dubai...the best spotting method is "Drive-Stop-Aim-Shoot-Drive". Nowadays..if u just stand around...u are more likely to get interrogated by the police than if u stay in ur car.

TK was lucky last time he came...no cops bothered us...probably too busy tending to the dead gang member 150 metres away. Remember ah TK? :mellow:

i wonder why izzit a crime to shoot plane pictures anyway? well it seems like we do "now" hav a camera that can shoot an RPG eh ?

Thx for sharing your shots! :D I found the crown of a KLM A330 in one of your pics :D

Did you try any spotting outside?

"You are not allowed to take photo at these area!" LOL :D

sharp eye Cornelis haha!

Do you have friends spotting in NCL?

Good to see some pictures again of DXB... :pardon:

NCL: for study or just vacationing ? :huh:

Good to see some pictures again of DXB... :pardon:

NCL: for study or just vacationing ? :huh:

for study Uncle Pieter :)

any NCL spotting friend here?

Sorry, only know some guys from LHR and MAN (and LPL, hint hint)...

A view shots taken from my hotel (Premier Inn) opposite of T3 of DXB. I had a small gap in between T3 and new (not yet operational) T4. Really far away and so low quality but just an idea to show you some really nice candies flying into DXB.

The taxiway was close for excellentshots but lightpoles is some obstruction. Room 412/414 give those views.

One of the pics shown is the KU A310, I was really happy seeing this one as its really hard to get!!

DXB001.jpg

DXB002.jpg

DXB003.jpg

DXB004.jpg

DXB005.jpg

DXB006.jpg

DXB007.jpg

DXB008.jpg

DXB009.jpg

DXB010.jpg

And as addition a few pics taken from my hotel in Abu Dhabi (OMAA/AUH)

Arrivals is on the westerly runway / departures on the easterly runway. Hotel name: Park Inn by Radisson

AUH001.jpg

Flew this one twice as former PH-MPE.

AUH002.jpg

AUH003.jpg

AUH004.jpg

New big titles applied I read this morning, so I shot a fresh painted plane I guess!

AUH005.jpg

That KU A310-300 is operated by the Kuwaiti Govt. I believe, hence the logo on the aft fuselage...

Great selection of airliners, CeeBee :drinks:

Sign in to follow this