MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
adrianqcs

Hanoi - Noi Bai International Airport

Dear Khiem-san

Hello!! Thank you for sharing with excellent VIP aircraft shots :yahoo:

Probably,you had spent most fantastic days in HANOI :good:

Next,we will have a APEC in YOKOHAMA(my hometown),JAPAN.(approx 40km out of HANEDA airport) :p

Captain Sakai: Great oppotunity to take VIP charter planes. Good luck and good wx these days! And could you be in Hanoi in 26 November, 'cause Viet's wedding will take place in the evening. The address is at Aviation Museum at Nguyen Son street, Gia Lam district (Next to Gia Lam airport).

Today at Noi Bai, QR introduces first service to HAN and be recived by Water cannon salute.

a330qatara7aee9.jpg

Absolutely fantastic visitors !!! :blink:

Thanks a lot for sharing all these rare birds, Khiem !!! :good:

So, the Indians also bring their own car(s) ? :huh:

Korean, Japanese, Russian, Indian...real great: any US, Canadian, Australian planes ?

Nice water-salute for my favorite M-E airline: شكرا ... ;)

Thanks uncle for yr encouragement quotes.

The U.S. Sect. arrived HAN by 990003 - the one that was be Tyre worn at VVTS in APEC 2006.

c32usaf900031.jpg

And ASY B737-700 ( :nea: thought she were wedgetail)

b737asya360021.jpg

Wow ... wow .... and more wows!!!!

Tuan Khiem, absolutely love your images of both common visitors and rare guests, even those at night! Love the Korean Air Force B744 and Indian Air Force IL-76 (missed shooting this one on approach to Delhi Airport in 2002 by just 10 seconds). Keep your shots coming and keep making us droool uncontrollably ... makes me promise myself a trip to HAN for shooting sometime this winter.

The Spotting in HAN page has been my favourite for a while as a result of these great shots! Well done.

Kok Chwee SIM (KC)

Singapore

Hi KC, you're absolutely famous spotter in the region as I concern before. Thank for your thumb here in Hanoi page, looking forward to the date you visit HAN this Winter :drinks:

C17A down to HAN for repatriation the US serviceman remains in Vietnam war (MIA)

c17usaf551482.jpg

These repatriations are only ex HAN or also other airfields ?

HH is from Hawaii ? :huh:

Would do I see inside these shelters ? :yahoo:

Balshoye Spasiba !!! :pardon:

Wow: first flight and 330-300 no less... :blink:

The guys coming off the plane first looks like CEO Akbar Al Baker to me... :pardon:

Nice looking ao-dai's... ;)

Notice how amazingly spotless the Qatar A330 is!

And the ladies wearing red ao-dai are all so well-poised, seemingly tall and of uniform height. At first, I told myself : Would I love to be that photographer at the top of the stairs ... but a second later, I wish I were Tuan Khiem with this beautiful bird's-eye view.

What sunny weather you have in Hanoi. Here in SIN, we have been warned to expect wetter than normal weather due to the coming monsoons and La Nina effect. Looks like my poor camera will be in semi-retirement for a while - unless I can go somewhere sunnier for spotting.

KC Sim

@KC: put your trip to HAN on schedule, just let me know some day before dep.

Thank you and uncle Pieter for viewing and nice compliments

Continue with VIP movement at ASEAN 17th +++

Looking forward to seeing which aircraft carrying Secretary-General of the United Nations, quite surprised it was Angkor Air.

a321k6vna3511.jpg

And finally I caught Royal Thai Air Force A319CJ after many missed times

a319rtafhstyr1.jpg

Tuan Kheim,

I think that bald gentleman disembarking Qatar plane is its outspoken and blunt CEO, Mr Akbar Al Baker.

The guys coming off the plane first looks like CEO Akbar Al Baker to me... :pardon:

I think that bald gentleman disembarking Qatar plane is its outspoken and blunt CEO, Mr Akbar Al Baker.

Glad you confirmed my observation... :sorry:

T Azahan: I think that bald gentleman disembarking Qatar plane is its outspoken and blunt CEO, Mr Akbar Al Baker.

It sure is ... especially from the top-down view, his signature "barcode" hair pattern at the top of his balding pate is evident. Outspoken is an understatement - one could be outspoken and still be measured and diplomatic. You could almost expect a barrage aimed at one aircraft manufacturer at each major airshow - in between, I guess his employees and other business associates bear the brunt of his verbal assault.

I believe the Angkor Air Cambodia A321 may have stealthily picked up Mr Ban Ki Moon in Singapore because the plane quietly came to SIN (and went to the VIP complex) and was out in a jiffy a few days ago.

KC Sim

It's the 2nd time to catch KIWI B752 (NZ7571), this day she arrived HAN as spare VIP for NZ7572.

b752kiwinz75713.jpg

And Sing air force Fokker 50 to pick up their P.M. - Mr. Lee Hsien Loong.

Actually I'd like to fly on SQ B772 first class and shorten flying time than propeller Fokker.

f50saf7131.jpg

Great RNZAF 757 landing-shot; sunset- or sunrise picture ? :huh:

No doubt the Fokker 50 cannot do this non-stop (HAN-SIN); any idea where they fueled up enroute ?

(still eagerly waiting to take a picture of these Fokker 50's till now; you beat me here, Khiem :p )