MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Geoff R.

Helicopter Pictures

Thanks for the SZB shots, Samsyuri !!!

Great to see the same helicopter in Malaysia two days after I spotted her @ AMS !!! :pardon:

9M helicopters in far away land.

dsc01356pc7.jpg

S61N in Kaoshiung International Airport.

dsc01334oi5.jpg

9M AVT on short final above Kaoshiung.

dsc01425ty6.jpg

Nightstop in Taipei International.

dsc01430ui4.jpg

9M AVQ and 9M AVT in Taipei International.

dsc01458jo6.jpg

9M AVT next to Thai Airforce Airbus in Naha Airport, Okinawa Island.

dsc01459wt2.jpg

9M AVQ in Naha Airport.

dsc01460ym3.jpg

Thai Airforce Airbus next to 9M AVT

dsc01487du7.jpg

Flying above Okinawa. City looks like a scene from Ultraman movie.

Very nice pix A Fira :clapping: ...

Quite a long way from home those two choppers, eh?...

or was it a ferry flight?

BTW... I've edited the link so that the show the uploaded images instead of

thumbnails, since the size is acceptable...

What was the two birds doing far away from home? How long does it take for you to reach those places? I think should be VERY long?

Hello, i'm newbie here, sorry if my english not very good but hopefully i can share my collection and this is my 1st contribution. Thanks to my new member meet on flight AK5107 KK-KL, Edward if i'm not mistaken to introduced this forum.

lynx3.jpg

Agusta Westland Super Lynx 300 TLDM / RMN . TLDM was the 1st operator for this Super Lynx version.

lynx2.jpg

Nose cone houses a Foward Looking Infra Red (FLIR)

Edited by Cikgu Fadzil

Welcome aboard, Cikgu, and thanks for sharing these great Lynx pictures :good:

Sharing is more important than quality here... :pardon:

Thanks Mod,

Here the other Lynx picture, forgot to paste on the last posting.

lynx1.jpg

ok, we proceed to another collection of mine, Agusta A-109 LOH ( Light Observation Helicopter) PUTD ( Pasukan Udara Tentera Darat) or Army Aviation.

loh109.jpg

loh109a.jpg

Would ove to see more of the Agusta/Wesland LUH pics., Geoff..

It looks well sleek and dangerous...

I notice that the paint on the chopper is very similar to the army's uniform camo colors

Anymore info on the bird? For e.g. payload, mission specification?

Thanks

The Agusta Westland A-109 LOH is similar to A-109E Power that used by Bomba. The paint similiar to the army camo because its under the Army aviation or Pasukan Udara Tentera Darat. for now, A-109 will be dedicated for training, light utility, reconnaissance and support role for special group task force or limited SAR. in the near future, they have been plan to buy a dedicated combat helicopter (before this we had heard about Rooivalk, but no futher action had taken) so this A-109 is the starting point to this plan. A-109 also can be assign for Light Observation Helicopter and will be side by side in any mission with our future combat helicopter (just like OH-58 Kiowa and AH-64 Apache may be)

even this A-109 can be equipped with 20 mm cannon pod or 70mm rocket for any limited air fire support role, this add on weapon just limited its operation range.

Anymore info on the bird? For e.g. payload, mission specification?

Thanks

Crew: 1 or 2 pilots

Capacity: 7/6 passengers

Length: 13.04 m

Rotor diameter: 11.00 m

Height: 3.50 m

Empty weight: 1670kg

Max takeoff weight: 2,850 kg

Powerplant: 2×Turbomeca Arrius 2K1 turboshafts, 571 hp (426 kW) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 177 mph (154 knots, 285 km/h) or NOE flight : 311 km/h

Range: 935km or up to 4 hour 54 minutes operation.

Service ceiling: 19,600 ft (5,974 m)

Rate of climb: 1,930 ft/min (9.8 m/s)

can carry up to 1505kg cargo and 1400kg cargo underslug.

side movement: up to 50 knot reverse : 30 knot

Armament

Guns: possibilities include 12.7 mm machine gun (250 rounds) in pod, pintle mounted 7.62 mm machine gun, door gunner post 12.7 mm machine gun

Missiles: possibilities include 2 × ATGM missile launchers (2 or 4 missiles each), unguided rockets in pods (2.75 in or 81 mm rockets with 7 or 12 tubes per pod), rocket/machine gun pod (70 mm × 3 rockets and 12.7 mm machine gun (200 rounds)

equip with optic and IR sensor, laser warning receiver,which (can carry up to 272kg)

main rotor blade can withstand HMG fire up to 12.7mm

Cikgu,

Selamat datang ke MalaysianWings

Good to have another educator on board...

Err, may I know, sekolah mana?

BTW, love your A109 shots... But heard the A109 is underutilised by the Army... can anyone confirm or shed light to this?

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Cikgu,

Selamat datang ke MalaysianWings

Good to have another educator on board...

Err, may I know, sekolah mana?

BTW, love your A109 shots... But heard the A109 is underutilised by the Army... can anyone confirm or shed light to this?

Thanks, i love aviation but more to military.

Some where in Sabak Bernam, Selangor.

for your question about A109, i think its role now more to VIP transport rather than military operation.

anyway i still wondering, where i can post my military aircraft picture in this forum?

Edited by Cikgu Fadzil

Thanks, i love aviation but more to military.

Some where in Sabak Bernam, Selangor.

for your question about A109, i think its role now more to VIP transport rather than military operation.

anyway i still wondering, where i can post my military aircraft picture in this forum?

I don't think the A109 belonging to PUTD is transporting VIPs around. Currently RMAF is using the Sikorsky S-70A and Agusta AS-61 for VIP transport. A few years ago, i saw the A109 below landed on one of our navy ships....for special ops maybe..

agusta.jpg

I don't think the A109 belonging to PUTD is transporting VIPs around. Currently RMAF is using the Sikorsky S-70A and Agusta AS-61 for VIP transport. A few years ago, i saw the A109 below landed on one of our navy ships....for special ops maybe..

agusta.jpg

Yup , we have another heli that also used for this role, it's a S-70 Whitehawk. we have 2 of its. for the A109 in PUTD, actually its more to transport top brass in Malaysian Armed forces (its also VIP itsn't it?) rather than used for other military mission. i'll try to find this thing in one of the local defence magazine that published last year if i dont mistaken. For the A-109 as shown on the picture, i dont have any idea about it.

Yup , we have another heli that also used for this role, it's a S-70 Whitehawk. we have 2 of its. for the A109 in PUTD, actually its more to transport top brass in Malaysian Armed forces (its also VIP itsn't it?) rather than used for other military mission. i'll try to find this thing in one of the local defence magazine that published last year if i dont mistaken. For the A-109 as shown on the picture, i dont have any idea about it.

yeah.. i heard the 2 units of A-109 at subang are being used to transport their top brass as well...hoho

Crew: 1 or 2 pilots

Capacity: 7/6 passengers

Length: 13.04 m

Rotor diameter: 11.00 m

Height: 3.50 m

Empty weight: 1670kg

Max takeoff weight: 2,850 kg

Powerplant: 2×Turbomeca Arrius 2K1 turboshafts, 571 hp (426 kW) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 177 mph (154 knots, 285 km/h) or NOE flight : 311 km/h

Range: 935km or up to 4 hour 54 minutes operation.

Service ceiling: 19,600 ft (5,974 m)

Rate of climb: 1,930 ft/min (9.8 m/s)

can carry up to 1505kg cargo and 1400kg cargo underslug.

side movement: up to 50 knot reverse : 30 knot

Armament

Guns: possibilities include 12.7 mm machine gun (250 rounds) in pod, pintle mounted 7.62 mm machine gun, door gunner post 12.7 mm machine gun

Missiles: possibilities include 2 × ATGM missile launchers (2 or 4 missiles each), unguided rockets in pods (2.75 in or 81 mm rockets with 7 or 12 tubes per pod), rocket/machine gun pod (70 mm × 3 rockets and 12.7 mm machine gun (200 rounds)

equip with optic and IR sensor, laser warning receiver,which (can carry up to 272kg)

main rotor blade can withstand HMG fire up to 12.7mm

Serviceabilty : very limited. only 2 out of 11.

A few years ago, i saw the A109 below landed on one of our navy ships....for special ops maybe..

agusta.jpg

actually i didnt noticed or remember about this helicopter. i had check the latest asset of TUDM and this one and only A-109 Power was used by TUDM as VIP role. i assumed this helicopter was received last year.

IIRC this heli was bought in the 90's along with the Augusta's S61 (the white Nuri) and was subjected to some kind of audit queries (by The Auditor General).

And also if anyone remembers, also in the 90s(maybe circa 1995/1996 or 1997), an A109 was delivered to RMAF by sea at Port Klang. They assembled it there and flew it to Subang (I think) but never made it there because they had to perform an emergency landing somewhere near the Shah Alam stadium. I do not know whether its another aircraft or is it the same as in the pics.

And also if anyone remembers, also in the 90s(maybe circa 1995/1996 or 1997), an A109 was delivered to RMAF by sea at Port Klang. They assembled it there and flew it to Subang (I think) but never made it there because they had to perform an emergency landing somewhere near the Shah Alam stadium. I do not know whether its another aircraft or is it the same as in the pics.

I also heard about the emergency landing incident. Yup it arrived at Port Klang..if i'm not mistaken, there are 2 or 3 units of the A109 Power. i believe that the Agustas that arrived at Port Kelang in the 90's are used helis and not brand new

Continue with A-109 LOH picture.

loh109b.jpg

from behind, as you can see the FLIR and other electronic equipment.

loh109c.jpg

Which that can carry up to 272kg.

Edited by Cikgu Fadzil

Here's my contribution to this thread. One sleek Bell 430 I took a few days ago.

N5NA_WSSL_071019.jpg

p/s: Anyone know what's the barber-pole colored thingy near the tail rotor? :help:

Sorry for the IQ, "drive-by shooting". :pardon: Thanks for viewing

Edited by kianhong

p/s: Anyone know what's the barber-pole colored thingy near the tail rotor? :help:

Anti-tailstrike thingy...it will prevent the tail-rotor to 'touch' terra-firma... :pardon: