MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jessnor Arif

Singapore Airlines and ex MAS 744s

9M-MPE and 9M-MPC will both go to SQ they are already in Subang in a white scheme.

These planes will be painted in full SQ colours and will first be sold to a leasing company and then leased to SQ!

I've found this on A.net....

is there anymore news on it?

I'm definitely confused, which one is going to SQ? The refurbished or not? Other thread said Kilo and Charlie, here Echo......... :rolleyes:

mpe is not refurbished, it's still in the old configuration.

But our witness told that Echo is refurbished......... :help:

It's a complete surprise for me to know that MPE still had not been refurbished....then i must be lucky to fly MPI and MPP on my recent trip to LHR...HAHA :drinks:

mpe is not refurbished, it's still in the old configuration.

But our witness told that Echo is refurbished......... :help:

Yes it does have new F&C seats.

Edited by Y. J. Foo

Talk of the town is these birds will almost certainly be used only (obviously operational reasons will see this change from time to time) on the SIN-AKL-SIN run.

I believe one clue to identify if MH's B747-400 has the 'new' seats is to look at the first window near the nose. If the window is covered, it is the old configuration. The new configuration with new seats has the cover removed to reveal the window.

Furthermore from the outside, the new configuration appears to have thicker interior panels for first class section. I guess it is to conceal the automatic shade down / up mechanisms.

Anyone know which other ex MH 744 will go to SQ?

9M-MPE is now in SQ's Star Alliance livery as i understand, however, what is her new registration no.?

Is it true that it is doing the SIN-AKL vv. run??

I am currently waitlisted for the SQ285 flight operated by ex MAS 744 for 30 June. Fingers crossed that I will be on this special hybrid flight!!!

Edited by S V Choong

I strongly believe that the ex-MH jet/s will go to AKL. A check on the seat map of SQ285 for 30JUN returned a seat map of a 744 that's not SQ's, so I suspect it's the MH plane. So if ur HL1 turns into HK1 you'll very well be riding on the 'hybrid' plane. Good news in Economy as the MH seats have better legroom.

However the reprieve has come too late as I know many people who want to fly First Class and have gone on to ticket themselves on other airlines instead.

Edited by Keith T

Yes AKL (SQ285/6) will be seeing a lot of the ex MH aircraft. I was under the impression that they won't start running them on the AKL route until after July 1st, i.e. when the 772ER was originally meant to take over on this flight but who knows.

9M-MPC will also be leased to SQ.

This a clear indication of how the whalejet's delayed delivery has wreaked havoc upon affected airlines' fleet planning. I do believe SQ had started disposal of their 744 fleet and probably committed to delivery dates too. Now they even have to lease in the ex-MH birds to make up shortfall.

Now, if we are to compare situation where MH (well, PMB really) leased out MH's 734's only for MH to lease in more 734's from elsewhere ............. !? :(

This a clear indication of how the whalejet's delayed delivery has wreaked havoc upon affected airlines' fleet planning. I do believe SQ had started disposal of their 744 fleet and probably committed to delivery dates too. Now they even have to lease in the ex-MH birds to make up shortfall.

Now, if we are to compare situation where MH (well, PMB really) leased out MH's 734's only for MH to lease in more 734's from elsewhere ............. !? :(

You would do the same if you could get it cheaper else where..at the end of the day, best price wins. I think Mr.Jala has made a good decision.

Not all MH734s are owned by PMB. During the sale-and-leaseback program initiated by a certain Tan Sri, some MH aircraft were sold to all sort of companies. Too bad for him, he didn't managed to sell all. This are the days before there is such thing as PMB.

Not all MH734s are owned by PMB. During the sale-and-leaseback program initiated by a certain Tan Sri, some MH aircraft were sold to all sort of companies. Too bad for him, he didn't managed to sell all. This are the days before there is such thing as PMB.

Almost all of MAS 772 are not owned by PMB also.

Indeed. But the A380 is due for service entry with SQ in Oct-2007. Looking forward to it. Unfortunately, will be in Perth by then and unable to witness any associated regalia with the unveiling and launching of flights.. pity.

From what I've heard, the MH 744s now with SQ are actually owned by GECAS?????? Or at least one of the big lessors.

Who own MH772 then?

is MH own the bird?

From the previous thread, somebody mentioned that all 772 own by PNB except one, sumthing say that that plane has to bring some sort of documents when flying.

Was this the "garage sale" episode just before the first ......... err..... govt bailout, part of the WAU exercise wasn't it ?

Anyone has a listing of who owns which of MH's birds ? Thanks in advance

Edited by BC Tam

From the previous thread, somebody mentioned that all 772 own by PNB except one

PNB as in Permodalan Nasional Berhad? or that's a typo?

PNB as in Permodalan Nasional Berhad? or that's a typo?

It's a typo,Jessnor.It's PMB-Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad. actually.