MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hardeep P.

AIRLINES IN KLIA

Dear Ladies & Gents,

Recently I was in KLIA for a couple of hours, and found the airport to be rather busy. It was just after noon and at the International Terminal there was a Thai A330, Cathay A330, SIA B777-200, Sri Lankan A330, Kuwait Air A340, Emirates B777-300ER and many MH aircrafts.

It just show that KLIA is slowly becoming extremely busy in my opinion.

Can you tell me, when, type of aircaft, how many and frequency of EUROPEAN based airliners stop over in KLIA?

Many thanks.

Rgds

H

Many thanks.

What happened to the daily Austrian B772 on the KANGAROO route?

Does KLM B744 fly daily to KLIA and does it fly to Jakarta or Manila after wards? So is it safe to say that KLIA is KLM Asian hub?

Does the Lufthansa fly directly to Frankfurt or via another destination?

Is Malaysian Airports trying to woo more EUROPEAN Airlines into KLIA- i.e. BA, AF, Alitalia etc? Have they failed?

Rgds

H

what about Austrian Airline. I thought I saw Austrian Airline at KUL with a 777 back in 05. Is that a schedule flight or some kind of emergency divert?

Austrian Airlines no more flying to KUL. They stop their service way back beginig of the year.

lauda air being the austrian?

Yes. The last OS flight out was on 28th March 07 (if i'm not mistaken).

I personally hope NW will resume their flight back to KUL (not from KIX but NRT) soon.

Edited by Isaac

Austrian terminated the service to KUL in March this year.

Finnair was once planned to fly to KUL starts from May this year but somehow it did not materialise. How about Transaero ? Is Turkish air (considered European ?) planning to fly to KUL this year ?

How about Transaero ? Is Turkish air (considered European ?) planning to fly to KUL this year ?

Yes. I believe it's considered European as Turkey falls on the European map. Speaking of TK, how many times have they suspended their flight to KUL ? And any particular reasons were given out before they stopped their flights to KUL ? Poor loads ? I know their BKK flights are doing great (2x daily 332).

Austrian has pulled out of Australia entirely - and with that its 2 stopover points of SIN and KUL were also canceled.

No European carriers in MEL either - and only BA and VS at SYD.

Many thanks.

Does KLM B744 fly daily to KLIA and does it fly to Jakarta or Manila after wards? So is it safe to say that KLIA is KLM Asian hub?

Does the Lufthansa fly directly to Frankfurt or via another destination?

KLM flies to Jakarta and back to KUL before returning to AMS.

Lufthansa flies from KUL to FRA via Bangkok.

United should fly to KUL, their 744 sitting at HKG tarmac for 8++ hours up to 16 hours I think. They only need 8 hours to complete HKG-KUL-HKG route, thou we realize US airlines are really expensive to fly with. Anyone know if Air Sahara will come to KUL? More early morning Indian rush?

Edited by Seth K

United should fly to KUL, their 744 sitting at HKG tarmac for 8++ hours up to 16 hours I think. They only need 8 hours to complete HKG-KUL-HKG route.

Don't their 744s to HKG continue to SIN and SGN?

Definitely SIN cause that's a cheap mileage run that I've used a few times. ;)

UA has quite a few tag ons from HKG and NRT - SIN/SGN/BKK/ICN - might have left out a few more.

Edited by Keith T

United should fly to KUL, their 744 sitting at HKG tarmac for 8++ hours up to 16 hours I think. They only need 8 hours to complete HKG-KUL-HKG route, thou we realize US airlines are really expensive to fly with.

Not at all, Seth. They are actually pretty cheap compared to most Asian carriers, especially those around us (MH & SQ). They are also usually the cheapest on intra-asia flights (such as SIN/NRT). I wouldn't mind travelling in NW 332 (since all of their 330 got AVOD) all the way to SFO one day :p

Now if only AA operated intra Asian routes... The cheap CX Y fares don't earn me any miles on AAdvantage, while JL only accrues at 70% for discount Y. :(

You are one loyal OneWorld customer, Keith :p

Nah not really - been doing Star Alliance for the past year. ;)

I've also got an SQ ticket booked for August, and some Air NZ flights end of year although that's only an award redemption on my LH miles.

I always hoping to see CO coming to KUL, maybe from EWR through HKG. But it's impossible.

CO transatlantic fares is not bad.

Azuddin

I always hoping to see CO coming to KUL, maybe from EWR through HKG. But it's impossible.

CO transatlantic fares is not bad.

They could offer fares to KUL even if they don't actually fly there. So long as they fly to somewhere nearby like HKG, they could offer an interlined/codeshared fare onward to KUL.

AA offers a fare to KUL by codesharing on CX all the way it seems. But the codeshare on the intra-Asia segments are not bookable without booking the long haul segment.

That;s what I do when I want to fly BA/QF to KUL. They do sell KUL fares where I will fly BA or QF to SIN, and the SIN-KUL-SIN segments are thrown in for free and valid on any carrier flying between SIN and KUL.

Edited by Keith T

AA offers a fare to KUL by codesharing on CX all the way it seems. But the codeshare on the intra-Asia segments are not bookable without booking the long haul segment.

I remember doing that back in 2005. I booked AA when I fly from LAX to KUL. The flight was operated by CX through HKG.

Azuddin

I remember doing that back in 2005. I booked AA when I fly from LAX to KUL. The flight was operated by CX through HKG.

It's an excellent workaround to the lack of AAdvantage miles on the CX flight number if in discount economy. But doesn't help me for purely Intra-Asian segments where AA refuses to sell any of its codeshares separately of the long hauls. :(

Also - the other advantage of booking with AA instead of CX, especially for the exact same flight, is the fuel fines, which are often much lower when ticketed on AA 001 ticket stock or non-existent altogether.

Edited by Keith T

Side question:

Did any US airlines go to KUL in the past? :help:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Sign in to follow this