MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

The Plane, The Plane! - it’s coming on 17.7.7

Anyone like to guess what NAA stand for?

:drinks:

Najib Abdullah A. Later additions will be NAB, NAC and so on...

Maybe they ran into some trouble with it being in RMAF livery and civilian rego ... so opted to change the livery , confirmed same a/c with same cn #

Yea.. it make sense.. Thx Gavin..

The Bomba Russian helicopters have military registrations, when in fact Jabatan Bomba is under the Ministry of Housing & Local Government. I wonder what significance these civilian and military registrations have in terms of aviation law, where it can fly to and where it can't (if there is such a rule) etc.

Allow me to speculate, the RMAF colours could have been retained if not for the recent Nuri crash and general elections just round the corner

Almost all the VIP a/c are owned by JPM but operated on behalf by RMAF,nothing to do with Nuri crash.Fixed wing VIP operated by No.2 Sqn TUDM Subang and rotary VIP by No.10 Sqn TUDM Kuala Lumpur.Military or Goverment registered A/C require diplomatic permission for foreign overflight access.Safety regulations depend on goverment requirements instead of industry standards for the particular A/C.Military pilots are not allowed to fly civil registered A/C unless they have ATPL with the required ratings.

Almost all the VIP a/c are owned by JPM but operated on behalf by RMAF,nothing to do with Nuri crash .....

JPM would equate to Malaysian Govt no ? It's on record that Malaysian Govt did not purchase the bird, by none other than YAB PM himself. So, who is the elusive purchaser ? (no doubt ultimately, it will be you and I lah, pembayar cukai pendapatan !)

For the record, my reference to the Nuri crash was because a previous thread on this forum debating why we can afford yet another brand new executive jet for VIP travel when told the rickety old S-61's 'flying coffins' were declared safe to fly even as they fall from the sky on increasing frequency, due to budgetary constraints perhaps ? :) The bit about upcoming general election, well, speculation on my part lah !! :p

The Bomba Russian helicopters have military registrations, when in fact Jabatan Bomba is under the Ministry of Housing & Local Government. I wonder what significance these civilian and military registrations have in terms of aviation law, where it can fly to and where it can't (if there is such a rule) etc.
Slight topic detour,Bomba russian made choppers are put under military registration because it did not have FAA type certificate for civillian use.For Bomba Agusta 109 it is under civillian reg 9M-BOA 9M-BOB.
So they're training new pilots for the new airbus?
I speculate some 2 ringgit company got the contract to fly and maintain the jet under 9M.

Slight topic detour,Bomba russian made choppers are put under military registration because it did not have FAA type certificate for civillian use.For Bomba Agusta 109 it is under civillian reg 9M-BOA 9M-BOB.I speculate some 2 ringgit company got the contract to fly and maintain the jet under 9M.

Like I posted earlier,the company was set up by KJ and his cohort goons,belongs to PMB,Pilots seconded from MH even though Pak Lah says that the Goverment only leases the plane as and when required,question arise,who owns PMB- Khazanah -MOF,sure looks fishy ,must be the 4th floor guys again.

Pilots seconded from MH

Not seconded. He is no longer with MAS.

I'm speculating that they will use all available resources from within Malaysia, so expect them to do sim training at AA Academy and maintenance at SAE when it becomes available.

Sign in to follow this