MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

MAS Offers Low Fares In Three-month Campaign

For those who are keen ...

+++

June 18, 2007 18:28 PM

MAS Offers Low Fares In Three-month Campaign

KUALA LUMPUR, June 18 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Monday announced a three-month campaign from June 20, 2007, that offers low fares from RM1 for domestic travel and RM10 for international destinations.

The promotions are part of its "Let's Fly Malaysia" campaign to reward customers in conjunction with 50th Merdeka celebrations, the airline said in a statemen.

"We will be offering amazingly low fares to some 100 destinations we fly to, in addition to many attractive travel packages and customer promotions," MAS chairman Datuk Dr Munir Majid said.

During the campaign, a total of 200,000 seats with fares starting from RM1 will be offered under the "50-hour Open House" online promotion starting 9am on June 20 until 11am on June 22, MAS said.

Fares will start from RM1 for travel within Penisular Malaysia, and RM10 for travel between Kuala Lumpur and East Malaysia, and to five Asean destinations -- Bangkok, Phuket, Cebu, Jakarta and Phnom Penh.

The travel period is from Sept 3 to Sept 30, 2007, the airline said.

MAS said other promotions to be followed included "Supersavers" and "Global Sale" nearer to August 31, and complementing the low fares are discounted Golden Holidays travel packages, business class initiatives and customer-focused events.

Details of the promotions will be make available soon and customers can also visit the airline's website at www.malaysiaairlines.com.

All fares exclude airports taxes, fuel surcharges and other fees, and are applicable for one-way travel only, the airline said.

-- BERNAMA

The 50 hours Open House sales is the first sales out of several in the coming 3 months time, it's stated in the news there if u read carefully.

What a very generous sale.......travel period is about 10 days to, and within the fasting month! At a time when many people may not wish to travel anywhere until Hari Raya comes along on 13 & 14 October. Thank you!

Edited by Rozhan

In respond to MH 50 hours Open House sales, AK just launched their "Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival Up to 90% Discount" sales which kick start a day earlier, longer booking period and longer traveling period + more destinations of course.

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/promotion.j...eference=mega07

Booking Period 19 Jun 2007 - 1 Jul 2007

Travel Period 3 Jul 2007 - 30 Sep 2007

Somehow I feel AK is always many steps ahead of MH in having ticket offers, and being genuine with them in terms of travel periods not restricted to just during low season etc. Such tickets are also applicable for travel during peak periods like school holidays.

110% agreed with your Rozhan.

Check this out, fare list for the 50 hours open house promo:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/flymalaysia/celebration.asp

One Way from KUL to Bangkok, Cebu & Jakarta = RM10 One Way

However return fare is RM209 !!

One Way from KUL to Phnom Pehn, Phuket = RM10 One Way

Again, return fare is RM179!

Frankly speaking what they did on the RM10 international fare is pure misleading (unless u booked one way ticket only, either not flying back or return with cheaper LCC fare) and in consumer point of view it's quite unethical as well. If RM209 return is what MAS intend to charge, why can't they advertise RM104.50 as the one way fare? In my opinion this is definitely not a smart move as at the end of the day it will only caused disappointment and pissed off lots of potential customers.

Remarks : as usual, published airfare excludes all taxes and surcharge.

It's very disappointing indeed! Now can't book their ticket and there the passenger go to AK again.

MAS might think their strategies is brilliant, but they doesn't seems interested on how passenger think about them!

It's very disappointing indeed! Now can't book their ticket and there the passenger go to AK again.

MAS might think their strategies is brilliant, but they doesn't seems interested on how passenger think about them!

I suppose MH has its' own worshipper...not everybody keen to travel on AK.

Even bookings are not available until tomorrow, tickets will be sold like hot cakes when the 50-hour campaign starts.

Somehow I feel AK is always many steps ahead of MH in having ticket offers, and being genuine with them in terms of travel periods not restricted to just during low season etc. Such tickets are also applicable for travel during peak periods like school holidays.

Yes, like when I grabbed '30.00 tix' for KUL/DPS during the Aug school hols, and '0.00 tix' for KUL/CNX during the Nov school hols. And with the A320s, AK flights have generally been on time, and in many cases early. Last week my KUL-BKK was 15min early. Returning on Sun morning was late by 20min due to a crowd of Indian passengers who arrived at the gate late. The rest of us were waiting in the bus for them. :angry:

+++

What a very generous sale.......travel period is about 10 days to, and within the fasting month! At a time when many people may not wish to travel anywhere until Hari Raya comes along on 13 & 14 October. Thank you!

Hrmm.. can go to KL for baju raya (Raya clothes) shopping...

I'll be going to cross the pond (it's South China Sea for us) to buka puasa (break fast) with family and friends in KL. Whoaa may sound a bit indulgent here, but nontheless... hehehe...

mas website down.... tergendala sebentar :huh:

Well, I must say, AK's website is easier to navigate. For example how to find cheap ticket... Mas is like hiding it away...

As usual and as expected, even during normal time it's not surprise to encounter 'booking engine down' problems.

Manage to get through after several try..

07.09.2007 BKI - KUL = RM10 (Ticket) + RM75 (Tax) = RM85.00

10.09.2007 KUL - BKI = RM10 (Ticket) + RM75 (Tax) = RM85.00

Total = RM170.00 :clapping: Cheap..cheap.....

A friend of mine wanted to try A320 and KLIA. so i had this crazy idea. 1 day, 3 different cities, 3 diff aircrafts, 3 diff airlines:

Sep 10 (mon):

PEN-LGK: FY F50 - 9.25am-10.00am - RM9.99+RM40.00=RM49.99

LGK-KUL: AK A320 - 2.15pm-3.15pm - RM9.99+RM45.00=RM54.99

KUL-PEN: MH B734 - 7.15pm-8.05pm - RM1.00+RM46.00=RM47.00

Total: 151.98 per person... not bad... darn cheap actually... heheheee...

Keep refreshing it....

I remember one web designer who told me that, the more a user has to click the more likely he/she will abandon it. If I'm not mistaken anything more than 5-6 clicks will start turning ppl off. Bad luck, MAS website, if I have to keep refreshing.

+++

Went to the MH open house and treated myself a great deal too.

First week of September BKI - KUL - BKI in conjunction with my birthday. (yes, it's just an excuse).

Third week of September BKI - KUL - KBR - KUL - BKI to buka puasa with my family. (a very strong excuse, right Naim?)

Spent less than RM450 for everything.

Thanks MH, it's been a long time.

Went to the MH open house and treated myself a great deal too.

First week of September BKI - KUL - BKI in conjunction with my birthday. (yes, it's just an excuse).

Third week of September BKI - KUL - KBR - KUL - BKI to buka puasa with my family. (a very strong excuse, right Naim?)

Spent less than RM450 for everything.

Thanks MH, it's been a long time.

To fly you need no excuses. Just do it, find reason(s) later (my reason: need to research new contents for my website, heheheh!). Btw I'm waiting for MH promo to Xiamen or Yangon.

+++