MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Has FAX cheased operation?

hi guys, I read a news in a forum about FAX, it says;" FAX (Fly Asian Express) had shut down operation today, 15 Fokker F-50 were now taken over by Malaysia Airlines System or Firefly"

is it correct?

Doubt it, FAX never had 15 F-50's - don't think we've ever had that many operating in the whole of Malaysia even !

As for shutting down operation today, that would be big big news here in east Malaysia !!

hi guys, I read a news in a forum about FAX, it says;" FAX (Fly Asian Express) had shut down operation today, 15 Fokker F-50 were now taken over by Malaysia Airlines System or Firefly"

is it correct?

The info is from a forum? Hmm..what I usually do is KIV (keep-in-view) until official announcement is made.

Now it's MASWings not Firefly or whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Well just wait for BKI or KCH spotters to tell whether they see FAX flying recently... Oh my friend is going to airport today btw! In MYY!

If ceased operation equivalent to having all the planes grounded. FAX fit the criteria perfectly.(Ok, the took initiative to fix 1 or 2 planes, that's it!)

Well, as reported from my friend, 5 out of 7 flights (as shown on the screen) is cancelled. So that's mean they are still operating, to a certain extend... Btw, one of the two flight operating is from Mukah.

Btw, I really have no idea whether go on to book for FAX flight that I'll be flying from BTU to BKI or not. They always cancel their flight!! And I absolutely don't feel safe!

..... I really have no idea whether go on to book for FAX flight that I'll be flying from BTU to BKI or not. They always cancel their flight!! And I absolutely don't feel safe!

What are the alternatives ?! :(

I think we can safely say, FAX will NOT cease operating now.

What will happen to their AOP (licence ?) if they go kaput now ?

If they lose that, will they be able to commence Air Asia X ?

If they don't get Air Asia X flying, will they be able to go to the market for funds ?

If they cannot raise the funds, will anyone get rich (or richer) ?

So, QED ?

:)

Don't worry, FAX is still flying. I'm in BKI now and as of this morning they are atill around.

BTW anybody realized there are Japanese pilots flying with FAX? Heard on the radio many many times.

Yeah one of them that I know of is Hayato Hosomi. Another japanese female pilot who look extremely young "cute" looking who I mistakenly thought she is a student of SFC.

Btw, I really need advise here. Can anyone confirm with me it's safe to fly with FAX nowadays? Sorry for the ignorance...

LOL! scare FAX cancel flights then fly back to BKI with AK then. :lol:

Yeah I know that... But the I'll be going back from BTU... AK do not serve that... :search:

Edited by Chan CS

Yeah I know that... But the I'll be going back from BTU... AK do not serve that... :search:

BTU - KL - BKI ? :pardon:

thank you guys, as we see, that news is a "rumour" :) actually it was surprised for me because, "if FAX cheased, why I didn't see anything in MW!, they should be know already" said that myself. :)

is FAX cheased operation?

Had me wondered what the topic means for a while.

I think you mean "Have FAX ceased their operation"?

s.v., thats correct some of English grammar rules are really strange for me as I thinking Turkish first! :)

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...&sec=nation

was this news posted before? or can i post it here if it's a new news!?

yes Desmond, it is new news. You're always welcome to post them.

Anyway,

“FAX had to use these seven Fokkers to serve the destinations that were served by the 10 Fokkers,” he added.

“We had to fly to more sectors, make more rounds and carry more load due to the decrease in the number of Fokkers. This super-heavy-duty usage has taken its toil on the seven Fokkers.”

More sectors? Bluff. MAS had KCH as a Fokker base. FAX Fokkers don't even visit KCH.

“We have no choice but to ground these aircraft so that we can put each of them through extra-intensive checkups and repairs. When we took over these aircraft from Malaysia Airlines last August, the Fokkers were already old,” said Raja Azmi.

“Yes, they were in good working condition. However, of the 10 Fokkers that MAS used to serve northern Sarawak and Sabah, they only gave us seven.

Old, yes. But without proper maintenance, even new aircraft becomes old very fast.

There are some 22 rural destinations spanning central and northern Sarawak and Sabah that rely on the 50-seater Fokker aircraft every day.
Care to name them? Since when DHC-6 counts as a Fokker?

The Fokkers are used to serve – among others, Sibu, Kapit, Bintulu, Mukah, Miri, Limbang, Kota Kinabalu and Sandakan – an area equal to about 70% of peninsular Malaysia in size.
News to me. :rofl:

about a week ago, i snap this pix.

dsc00028gt9.jpg

Chan, hopefully this can answer your question. also good luck to Ewan as well as Pieter on their up coming flight. :)

Edited by Samuel Chy

No, FAX flights were not postponed. Rather, they were all "DIBATALKAN". As in "we're not going anywhere, ..... at least not today" !!