MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenn Leong

MH LAX Aircraft

Hi Seth,

Hopefully they will provide both :)

I'm kinda surprised no one here flew F long haul on MH or maybe they are just hiding:)

Cheers,

K.

I like to keep everything as surprise before I fly, see what the airline will offer, dun want to go beyond expectation before flying :pardon:

I'm kinda surprised no one here flew F long haul on MH or maybe they are just hiding:)

I think there are out there, but probably most in C class. Dozens of long haul with MH C, I recalled no pajamas and see no caviar. But dun worry, their IFE will not make you sleep :pardon: But I saw their first class have complimentary cake. Enjoy ur portion and TReport :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

Hi Seth,

Yeah i have been travelling on MH C for a few times recently for the past 2 years. Mainly SYD,KUL,BKK,LHR routes. Definitely no PJ's or caviar for J. Didn't expect them too as i don't think many airlines offer this in J class. But F i would be expecting but will need someone to confirm if possible before i take my flight :)

Cheers,

Kenn.

I think there are out there, but probably most in C class. Dozens of long haul with MH C, I recalled no pajamas and see no caviar. But dun worry, their IFE will not make you sleep :pardon: But I saw their first class have complimentary cake. Enjoy ur portion and TReport :drinks:

Hi Guys,

Anyone here know if MH in First Class serves caviar? i.e. their longhaul flights....

Also do they provide pyjamas?

Thanks,

Kenn.

Just tried upgrade from C to F using Enrich miles for KUL --> AMS. Yes they do provide pyjamas but no cavair and no cheese plate. In fact, the meal is not much different from C :( . Good thing is the bed, real lie-flat bed and very comfortable :clapping: .

Hi,

Thanks for the info! Great to see they provide PJ's :) Are they anygood? Is it Bvlgari ?:) Or am i dreaming heheh. Shame that they don't have caviar :( Oh well what can you do... I suppose the FA's will make the bed for you and they provide a duvet?

Cheers,

Kenn.

Just tried upgrade from C to F using Enrich miles for KUL --> AMS. Yes they do provide pyjamas but no cavair and no cheese plate. In fact, the meal is not much different from C :( . Good thing is the bed, real lie-flat bed and very comfortable :clapping: .

Shame that they don't have caviar :( Oh well what can you do...

Ouch. Another airline to add to the "they once served caviar" list. :(

Hi Keith,

I think they probably have the same problem as TG:) i.e. shortage of caviar

Ouch. Another airline to add to the "they once served caviar" list. :(

Hi,

Thanks for the info! Great to see they provide PJ's :) Are they anygood? Is it Bvlgari ?:) Or am i dreaming heheh. Shame that they don't have caviar :( Oh well what can you do... I suppose the FA's will make the bed for you and they provide a duvet?

Cheers,

Kenn.

Again, another upgrade from biz to first, last Saturday, on my way back from Amsterdam to KL due to overbooked in biz :clapping: . This time, surprisingly they served caviar :rofl: , as one of the appetizer. 4 choices of appetizer and main course, but every time when come to me, only 2 options left (coz I sat at 4D, the FA started taking order from row 1). Fantastic service and very comfortable seat + BIG TV screen. Totally full flight, from 1st to economy, not a single empty seat. I will be very surprised if MAS not making profit out of this route?

Hi,

Wow op-up!! :) Nice work. I wish i could get a C-F op up :) I will be using my enrich miles though for LAX-KUL. Wonder if this route fills up as much as the AMS route....

Nice to see MH serving caviar. I suppose you got Pyjamas also? Do they have small sizes or are they all large?:) I'm of a small frame :)

I wonder if the KUL-AMS-KUL route is more of a tourist route or mostly business....

Thanks,

K.

Again, another upgrade from biz to first, last Saturday, on my way back from Amsterdam to KL due to overbooked in biz :clapping: . This time, surprisingly they served caviar :rofl: , as one of the appetizer. 4 choices of appetizer and main course, but every time when come to me, only 2 options left (coz I sat at 4D, the FA started taking order from row 1). Fantastic service and very comfortable seat + BIG TV screen. Totally full flight, from 1st to economy, not a single empty seat. I will be very surprised if MAS not making profit out of this route?

I wonder if the KUL-AMS-KUL route is more of a tourist route or mostly business....

Definately more of a tourist route. There are many connecting passengers on these flights as well.

I believe the reason that the AMS is such a huge success for both MAS & KLM is because of the code-share flights they have out of AMS. NWA/KLM also offer many choices of flights to various destinations in the States.

Edited by Isaac

I see. Lots of malysians heading to AMS for vacation?:)

I think it is a mix of biz and tourist. I have been flying KUL-->AMS at least twice a year and I always meet my collegues on the same flight, mostly on biz trip (I am working with one Dutch Oil and Gas company ;) .... think you know which one I mean). Biz class is usually at least 70% full, and usually packed during weekend. On the other hand, economy is usually filled with europeans, with a few Malaysian (can count with 10 fingers). I think most Malaysian, if travel to Europe for tour, will opt for other airlines like SriLanka, Emirates, Qatar coz cheaper and I think they don't normally fly into AMS to start their journey.

When are you going LAX? My collegue travel frequently on that route using MH and he said it is usually quite full, a number of occasions the company has to book him on 1st class.

Hi,

I'm actually making my own way to LAX from JFK. I will fly Delta. But i will fly MH from LAX-KUL. Bad news though as i called up MAS today about checking availability for J->F upgrade using enrich miles and there is no availability :( Anyone here have experience where maybe MAS might release the seats later? I think it books into R class for J to F upgrade using miles. So i will be stuck in J class unless things change but i doubt it. I iwll be flying LAX-KUL around 10 jan 08. I even asked KUL-SYD to upgrade to F and no availability on that one as well. I forgot to ask KUL-SYD might do this tomorrow but i doubt it will have as well. Is it that hard to get award for one way upgrades? I did Y->J and it was pretty easy :)

Do you think you can ask your colleagues if they are getting the new retrofitted J and F class on the LAX route?:)

Cheers,

Kenn.

I think it is a mix of biz and tourist. I have been flying KUL-->AMS at least twice a year and I always meet my collegues on the same flight, mostly on biz trip (I am working with one Dutch Oil and Gas company ;) .... think you know which one I mean). Biz class is usually at least 70% full, and usually packed during weekend. On the other hand, economy is usually filled with europeans, with a few Malaysian (can count with 10 fingers). I think most Malaysian, if travel to Europe for tour, will opt for other airlines like SriLanka, Emirates, Qatar coz cheaper and I think they don't normally fly into AMS to start their journey.

When are you going LAX? My collegue travel frequently on that route using MH and he said it is usually quite full, a number of occasions the company has to book him on 1st class.

You are travelling around Dec/Jan IIRC? Peak time = lower seat availability. On SQ for SYD-SIN - it can be tough trying to find an open revenue bucket during peak times let alone trying to get an award!

Or it could be them having problems with their new PSS system, finalising Northern Winter schedules etc. I remember when NZ was re-jigging their systems and pulled all their award seats offline in the process - was a real PITA trying to get awards on them then.

Do a general SOS - maybe someone here working for MH might know a yield management person or two and help you out? :)

Edited by Keith T

Hi Keith,

Yeah hopefully its not due to the peak period as i will be travelling that time :) What's PSS? I guess i will try a bit later on and call them up to check.. Pity i cant check using KVS...

Hopefully someone on this forum can help out :)

Cheers,

Kenn.

You are travelling around Dec/Jan IIRC? Peak time = lower seat availability. On SQ for SYD-SIN - it can be tough trying to find an open revenue bucket during peak times let alone trying to get an award!

Or it could be them having problems with their new PSS system, finalising Northern Winter schedules etc. I remember when NZ was re-jigging their systems and pulled all their award seats offline in the process - was a real PITA trying to get awards on them then.

Do a general SOS - maybe someone here working for MH might know a yield management person or two and help you out? :)

Yeah hopefully its not due to the peak period as i will be travelling that time :) What's PSS?

Passenger Service System. Like Krisnet, Cupid, Amadeus, Sabre, Abacus etc.

I hope they really meant it when they said it's new. Most airline legacy systems are so old. AA's Quickres (a spinoff of Sabre) system can't even machine print paper tix more than 16 segments, meaning they need to be handwritten which is VERY labour-intensive! I laugh whenever I read that new oneworld/*A/ST airlines need to "upgrade" their systems to be compatible before they officially joined the alliances - what were these pending members using before? Fingers, abacuses, post it notes etc?

Edited by Keith T

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that.

Yeah hopefully i can get some SOS assistance from a MW'er :)

Passenger Service System. Like Krisnet, Cupid, Amadeus, Sabre, Abacus etc.

I hope they really meant it when they said it's new. Most airline legacy systems are so old. AA's Quickres (a spinoff of Sabre) system can't even machine print paper tix more than 16 segments, meaning they need to be handwritten which is VERY labour-intensive! I laugh whenever I read that new oneworld/*A/ST airlines need to "upgrade" their systems to be compatible before they officially joined the alliances - what were these pending members using before? Fingers, abacuses, post it notes etc?

Hi,

I'm actually making my own way to LAX from JFK. I will fly Delta. But i will fly MH from LAX-KUL. Bad news though as i called up MAS today about checking availability for J->F upgrade using enrich miles and there is no availability :( Anyone here have experience where maybe MAS might release the seats later? I think it books into R class for J to F upgrade using miles. So i will be stuck in J class unless things change but i doubt it. I iwll be flying LAX-KUL around 10 jan 08. I even asked KUL-SYD to upgrade to F and no availability on that one as well. I forgot to ask KUL-SYD might do this tomorrow but i doubt it will have as well. Is it that hard to get award for one way upgrades? I did Y->J and it was pretty easy :)

Do you think you can ask your colleagues if they are getting the new retrofitted J and F class on the LAX route?:)

HI kenn,

Calling MH to secure F seat is a good move, I believe with ur huge redemption, ur are either holding gold or Plantinum card, you also can get an easy upgrade to F last minute, even at the waiting lounge, depends with the handler that help you. I redeemed on Y for PEN, but during check in, the agent let us in Biz class, since my dad hv Gold Enrich. I know that F pax always change date, so another possibility. Dun worry, u will get new seat :drinks: Most of the time, there are empty seats, but it's too early to let unpay pax in F than pay pax which will book later.

Edited by Seth K

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the info. I hope MH will let me upgrade on the day using enrich miles. But we will have to see. I would like to secure one before the day of departure just to be sure :) I'm not holding enrich gold unfortunately. I'm just silver. I need to use up 50000miles to get one way upgrade from J to F on the lax-kul flight. I guess if i cant get it on that flight hopefully i can get syd-kul or kul-syd but i asked for the syd-kul thats still no availability....

Cheers,

Kenn.

HI kenn,

Calling MH to secure F seat is a good move, I believe with ur huge redemption, ur are either holding gold or Plantinum card, you also can get an easy upgrade to F last minute, even at the waiting lounge, depends with the handler that help you. I redeemed on Y for PEN, but during check in, the agent let us in Biz class, since my dad hv Gold Enrich. I know that F pax always change date, so another possibility. Dun worry, u will get new seat :drinks: Most of the time, there are empty seats, but it's too early to let unpay pax in F than pay pax which will book later.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the info. I hope MH will let me upgrade on the day using enrich miles. But we will have to see. I would like to secure one before the day of departure just to be sure :) I'm not holding enrich gold unfortunately. I'm just silver. I need to use up 50000miles to get one way upgrade from J to F on the lax-kul flight. I guess if i cant get it on that flight hopefully i can get syd-kul or kul-syd but i asked for the syd-kul thats still no availability....

Cheers,

Kenn.

Hi Kenn, I did my KUL/AMS upgrade (C to F) at KLIA. I called 2 days before my departure and they told me that they can only put me on waitlist, even though there are available seats. I asked when I check-in at KLIA, the check-in staff told me to go to MAS ticketing office and within 10 minutes, I got my upgrade. Yeah, I am holding Enrich Gold, so that may help?! :p No harm trying :blink:

Hi Taiwei,

Thanks for the info. Yeah unfortunately i won't be in KLIA for the LAX sector as i will be departing from LAX. So hopefully their ticket office is good there! I wonder why they hold the award seats for so long? Even 2 days before! Maybe they don't even release the award seats?

I will try my luck at the airport. I'm only Enrich silver mind you:)

Hi Kenn, I did my KUL/AMS upgrade (C to F) at KLIA. I called 2 days before my departure and they told me that they can only put me on waitlist, even though there are available seats. I asked when I check-in at KLIA, the check-in staff told me to go to MAS ticketing office and within 10 minutes, I got my upgrade. Yeah, I am holding Enrich Gold, so that may help?! :p No harm trying :blink:

Thanks for the info. Yeah unfortunately i won't be in KLIA for the LAX sector as i will be departing from LAX. So hopefully their ticket office is good there! I wonder why they hold the award seats for so long? Even 2 days before! Maybe they don't even release the award seats?

Because they prefer to sell revenue seats first.

QF is even more extreme when it comes to points upgrades for QFFers. You request your upgrade 90 days prior and go on a waitlist. 48 hrs prior to the flight they open up upgrade seats (ie unsold revenue seats) and start clearing the waitlist, in order of status and the time upgrade was requested. And you'll only find out no earlier than 24 hrs prior whether you've been upgraded. Sounds like what MH is doing but in a more subtle way. ;)

Other airlines like LA have been known to 'rob' back and pay out ticketed awards/upgrades to sell as revenue seats when a flight is full on extremely busy routes (SYD-SCL for one), thankfully this is not a common practise. Yet. :touches wood:

Edited by Keith T

Hi Keith,

Yeah i think MH wants to sell their rev tix first...Hmm so if i was to put myself on the waitlist on MH, do they actually contact me when the seats are released or do i have to chase them up?

My ticket hasnt been issued yet, can i actually put myself on a waitlist on the upgrade using miles? I got a feeling i can't? If i can i will definitely do it next week.

Also, anyone here know if the LAX-KUL flights are always delayed? Or is it on time mostly?:)

Cheers,

Kenn.

Edited by k3nnis

Sign in to follow this