MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Ong

9M-MPC & 9M-MPE

There are rumours saying that another 2 B744s 9M-MPC & 9M-MPE will be leaving the MH Fleet soon as both have been sold. They are also rumoured to be joining SQ under leased. That means that a total of 3 B744s have new operators including 9M-MPA which is now in Taiwan awaiting conversion to LCF. From MH's "Going Places" Inflight Magazine states that only 13 B744s in operation which means a total of 4 aircrafts are withdrawn from use. Any idea which registration that is and what is the status of it?

Edited by Ivan Ong

From MH's "Going Places" Inflight Magazine states that only 13 B744s in operation which means a total of 4 aircrafts are withdrawn from use.

It's been a while since their magazine stating only 13x 744 in operation.

Edited by Isaac

yes, read somewhere else that SQ is going to lease 744 and its gonna be MAS bird, in June!

Wasn't MPG supposed to leave as well.

I recall it being at SZB quite sometime ago.

In May issue of Going Places, it is already down to 11, meaning 6 are out of the fleet. That's about 1/3 of the all time high of 17. Hope we can get an update of the registrations of planes which have left.

In May issue of Going Places, it is already down to 11, meaning 6 are out of the fleet. That's about 1/3 of the all time high of 17. Hope we can get an update of the registrations of planes which have left.

Good to see they reducing the 744 fleet size, better than seeing all the Queen sitting quietly on the Apron... wasting

I've read that 9M-MPE and MPC will both be leased to SQ for something like 10 months. Both have been withdrawn from MH and returned to their owner whose name I've forgotten, the owner will then lease them to SQ. SQ is running short of longhaul aircraft with the serious A380 delays and existing commitments to other airlines who SQ already agreed to sell their 744s to. SQ285/6 SIN-AKL-SIN will get one of the leased aircraft, the original plan was for the flight to be downgraded to a 772ER from July 1st but I guess SQ realized it's not an ideal solution given that this flight does quite well in all three classes.

SQ is running short of longhaul aircraft

And MAS got too many long-haul planes :( I still remember just 2 years ago they were so confident they can be on the same league as SQ.

With luck I might get to hop onto one of these leased birds given the fact that I will be flying SQ late June on the AKL-SIN run. Sorry Richard A, I have to reschedule my trip to late June.

Wonder if it will still be 9M-MPC and 9M-MPE with their rego.

Guys,

Have checked the "last time visited at AMS" of these 3 for your convenience :pardon: :

MPC - 25may2007

MPE - 19mar2007

MPG - 28jan2007

So is MPG leaving the fleet as well??

I wouldn't mind if they subsitute the 77W on the SIN-AKL sector though ;) Wishful thinking!

Sorry Richard A, I have to reschedule my trip to late June.

Would have been a close one as I'm book on CX108 June 23rd.

I wouldn't mind if they subsitute the 77W on the SIN-AKL sector though wink.gif Wishful thinking!

I'm hoping they schedule the 77W on 285/6 once the lease on the ex MH 744s ends. Then make up for the lost seats on this flight by making 281/2 a daily service.

So is MPG leaving the fleet as well??

See Raj's reply above...and it could be true, giving the last date visiting AMS :o

I wonder why MAS is disposing off the B747400s at this point of time...in view of that the A380s is only expected to arrive in 2009. I have an opportunity to fly the MAS fleet 9MMPI recently from KUL- LHR and i noticed that the interior and the cabin design is ageing especially for the EY.... :rolleyes:

The cost of maintaining B747s are really high. MAS plans are to reduce SINGLE FLIGHT CAPACITIES and instead use A/Cs of lower capacity (B772) with more frequencies which would give pax a better option of flight timings. Of course this plan however does not include stations like LHR

The cost of maintaining B747s are really high. MAS plans are to reduce SINGLE FLIGHT CAPACITIES and instead use A/Cs of lower capacity (B772) with more frequencies which would give pax a better option of flight timings. Of course this plan however does not include stations like LHR

I guess this is where the A380 comes into play, when you mention it does not include stations like LHR.

Sign in to follow this