MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Lounge at Newark

I posted this at the non-avaition area, but maybe this is a better place to ask. Does anyone know if MH uses a lounge in Newark? I heard that they no longer use a lounge for business class, but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks for the response!

I believe that there's MH Golden Lounge at EWR like the one at LAX. It's a space required by MH for their private lounge. FOTK flew there recently, may be he can help :drinks:

MH's Golden Lounge in LAX doesn't exist anymore. All airline lounges at TBIT at LAX will be consolidated, one for each alliance and one for unaligned carriers.

If MH did not change their lounge at EWR, they'd be using Virgin's Clubhouse at EWR.

MH's Golden Lounge in LAX doesn't exist anymore. All airline lounges at TBIT at LAX will be consolidated, one for each alliance and one for unaligned carriers.

And in the interim biz pax at TBIT get a shed which is accessible by motor coaches, while F pax get a slightly better lounge in the actual terminal. All the airlines are sharing those 2 lounges - meaning you get to rub shoulders with pax of other alliances and unaligned carriers. Joy. ;)

I haven't seen the VS CH at EWR - but if it's anything like the LHR and JFK ones, you're in for a TREAT! :D

Edited by Keith T

There never was a Golden Lounge at EWR. MH has in the past used the VS Clubhouse but more recently, the SK lounge. Nothing great to write about the SK lounge though. Even if MH stopped using this lounge, nothing much missed by the pax.

There never was a Golden Lounge at EWR. MH has in the past used the VS Clubhouse but more recently, the SK lounge. Nothing great to write about the SK lounge though. Even if MH stopped using this lounge, nothing much missed by the pax.

Still better than nothing though. :)

Hi,

So MH no longer uses the VS lounge at EWR?

Sorry for the false info guyz :sorry: Shocked there's no MH GL like LAX, cuz their LAX lounge looks quite awesome :drinks: I guess NYC is not MH biz route.......

I did hear back from customer service, finally, apparently they do not operate or share a lounge at EWR any longer, instead they issue a food voucher. Thanks for everyone's response.

I did hear back from customer service, finally, apparently they do not operate or share a lounge at EWR any longer, instead they issue a food voucher. Thanks for everyone's response.

Hi Drew,

The feedback you received is correct. If it's any consolation the VS lounge is nowhere near the same as found at LHR or even JFK. SQ share the SK lounge and this is pretty minimalist, where your lucky if you can find yourself a warm snack. All in all, as long as the food voucher is for a decent restaurant and of decent value then you are probably better of with this, although any lounge is usually quite a nice place to chill.

HTH?

Steve

The feedback you received is correct. If it's any consolation the VS lounge is nowhere near the same as found at LHR or even JFK. SQ share the SK lounge and this is pretty minimalist, where your lucky if you can find yourself a warm snack. All in all, as long as the food voucher is for a decent restaurant and of decent value then you are probably better of with this, although any lounge is usually quite a nice place to chill.

EWR seems pretty poor compared to JFK for lounges. Unless you're flying CO or carriers that only go to EWR like MH, not much reason to go to EWR. There are people who think EWR is easier to get to because there's no need to battle Manhattan traffic but the distance to EWR offsets the perceived time saved IMO.

My fave NYC airport is LGA - curb to lounge in 15 mins! :good: The Admirals Club there is not that flash though but still...the TSA queues are not nearly as horrendous.

My fave NYC airport is LGA - curb to lounge in 15 mins! :good: The Admirals Club there is not that flash though but still...the TSA queues are not nearly as horrendous.

My dad fav, cuz it's pure domestic airport :drinks: Anyway, from my dad view, EWR is bettter because of CO and the fact that it's at the Jersey side........

Sign in to follow this