MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Mas Catering

To avoid embarrassment to paklah during the next general election, his brother has sold Mas Catering Sdn Bhd. MCSB is now 51% own by Tamadan, 19% by LSG and 30% by MAS. Little is known about Tamadan.

:drinks:

To avoid embarrassment to paklah during the next general election, his brother has sold Mas Catering Sdn Bhd. MCSB is now 51% own by Tamadan, 19% by LSG and 30% by MAS. Little is known about Tamadan.

:drinks:

Could easily be just nominees....beneficial interest may still lie with the original owners....e.g. just like how you cannot get Daim's name on any companies in M'sia.

People were making noise when MAS catering was about to be sold then, for it smacks of nepotism. But it was sold anyway, not long before he became PM. Going forward, nothing has changed in this country.

By the way, MAS catering only operates from BKI and KCH. Correct me if I'm wrong. KUL is by LSG Skychef.

Talking about catering, NST today reported about Air Asia's plan for its own flight kitchen to start construction later this year. TF promises more 'warm food' for passengers and mentioned roti canai as one possible item in the menu. I believe this is in preparation for long haul services, and regional services will benefit as well. Great. I'd pay for decent food anytime.

Edited by Rozhan

BKI station is not fully operates by Mas catering. It atually Gardenia Sabah who help them perform under supervision of Mas catering.

People were making noise when MAS catering was about to be sold then, for it smacks of nepotism. But it was sold anyway, not long before he became PM. Going forward, nothing has changed in this country.

By the way, MAS catering only operates from BKI and KCH. Correct me if I'm wrong. KUL is by LSG Skychef.

Talking about catering, NST today reported about Air Asia's plan for its own flight kitchen to start construction later this year. TF promises more 'warm food' for passengers and mentioned roti canai as one possible item in the menu. I believe this is in preparation for long haul services, and regional services will benefit as well. Great. I'd pay for decent food anytime.

I think he meant MAS catering as the company that supplies food to MAS, not necessarily the legal entity. The legal entity that operates the kitchen in KLIA is co-owned by LSG Skychefs and Brahims. Brahims is the company that the OP was referring to.

Oh yes! More food!

BKI station is not fully operates by Mas catering. It atually Gardenia Sabah who help them perform under supervision of Mas catering.

Oh I see. There are so many parties with interests in supplying food to MAS.

Brahim I believe supplies food to the armed forces, in the form of those freeze dried rations etc. I used to buy ready-to-eat sauces / gravy in aluminium foil by Brahim to make instant Ayam Masak Merah and other dishes. Tasty, but not for everyday cooking. It just doesn't taste like home-cooked food.

.....By the way, MAS catering only operates from BKI and KCH .....

Is there an inflight kitchen in Kuching ?

It just doesn't taste like home-cooked food.

Too much MSG perhaps. And costs a bomb too. ;)

Is there an inflight kitchen in Kuching ?

back when I was flying, the local airports that have inflight catering were KUL, PEN, KCH,MYY and BKI. Some smaller airports like JHB, LGK etc only had catering for the first flight out in the morning and this was usually from a local hotel. This mainly consisted of breads and fruits for the breakfast served in business class and ice for EY. From my point of view, the most tasty catering was in KCH and BKI. The main course wasn't as dry as KUL and the soft rolls were really nice and soft not like the hockey balls from KUL.

KCH and BKI still have MAS Catering, although the food is not as good as it used to be. MYY and PEN, I don't think so anymore.

KUL, of course, has been mired in the fiasco ever since MAS Catering was sold off by Tan Sri Cleaner. However the food quality has improved I think.

KCH and BKI still have MAS Catering, although the food is not as good as it used to be. MYY and PEN, I don't think so anymore.

KUL, of course, has been mired in the fiasco ever since MAS Catering was sold off by Tan Sri Cleaner. However the food quality has improved I think.

Who's Tan Sri Cleaner? Hmm? ;) :D

Who's Tan Sri Cleaner? Hmm? ;) :D

The one who cleans up the company, of course.

Actually. I like catering ex-KUL. Catering in economy ex-KCH has always been a little disappointing compared to the ones from KL. Nasi lemak is quite good tho from KCH. Didnt burn my tongue off like it did the last time.

Catering at MYY is done by Marta Flight Catering, it has this small kitchen just around 2 shoplot wide. Well thats at least 4 years ago..

I remember they stored the GCC Crockery just at the stairs with a grille attached to it. The box of gcc bowls fell of and one of the bowls rolled within the grille and fell of. Dang, i took one of them :lol: SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pak Lah....isnt that clean..just a political tactics to win the election and lots of cover up that we dont know about the PM... :rolleyes:

Pak Lah....isnt that clean..just a political tactics to win the election and lots of cover up that we dont know about the PM... :rolleyes:

Well that applies to every politicians....

For BKI case actually alot of food up load are done by KUL already. BKI only upleaf on those sector that are bound to KUL from international destination or flight that start in the early morning. Other sector such as VV KUL flight all upleaf from KUL it self.

Thanks Leo. So not many chance to sample BKI's food. Last time, MAS complained that unnecessary weight will consume more fuel, therefore removing EY menus, replacing ceramic casserol dishes with disposable aluminium ones, multipurpose glasses with styrene cups, and perhaps other supposedly weight-saving measures. Now they fly food all the way from KUL for returning passengers.

Actually they need to standardise the serving and in the mean time upload in BKI is damn expensive. Gardenia Sabah charge them expensive an EY domestic set will be around RM30 per set. EY international can be price around RM45 per set.

Gardenia Sabah charge them expensive an EY domestic set will be around RM30 per set. EY international can be price around RM45 per set.

Now you know why MAS is not making money.

Well, I suppose MAS like KTM is a gold mine - with contractors and suppliers as the miners!

Is the word 'tender' not in MAS' vocabulary? I don't recall ever seeing any tender notice for the supply of products or services by MAS in major newspapers. At least (the world's best / number one airport operator) MAHB every now and then, puts up tender notices in newspapers for upgrading works etc.

For BKI case actually alot of food up load are done by KUL already. BKI only upleaf on those sector that are bound to KUL from international destination or flight that start in the early morning. Other sector such as VV KUL flight all upleaf from KUL it self.

Is this true ? For my whole life i have always thought the BKI-KUL meals are freshly prepared in BKI. Not that i don't believe you but this is really weird and surprising. Besides, i seriously don't think there is enough space to load 256 sets of meal at once in the EY galley of MAS 734, and not counting other things they have to stuff in the galley for each east-west flight. Moreover, i think you can actually taste out a huge difference between the meals served for MAS flights ex-BKI and ex-KUL. So it's kind of hard to believe that the meals served are prepared by the same kitchen.

Sign in to follow this