MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Vivek

A380 visits BOM

Hello All,

Last weekend was the second anniversary of India's Kingfisher Airlines. And the airline's chairman, Vijay Mallya celebrated the occasion by flying in the Airbus A380 to India. As some of you might be aware, Kingfisher Airlines has ordered five A380s with an option for five more.

Here are some pics I clicked during the event.

The A380 F-WWJB being pushed back from Bay 41, BOM Terminal 2A. Note how the tail is taller than the terminal

ynisyi.jpg

The big bird follows the "Follow Me" vehicle on the taxiway.

ynisyx.jpg

The A380 waits on the taxiway as a Jet Airways 737 turns onto taxiway "Golf"

ynisyj.jpg

A close-up of the nose

ynisyl.jpg

The massive RR Trent 1000 engine

ynisym.jpg

What a massive aircraft this is

ynisyp.jpg

Start of the take-off roll

ynisyp.jpg

And lift-off!!!

ynisyo.jpg

After an hour's demo flight, the bird returns

ynisyq.jpg

ynisyr.jpg

ynisyt.jpg

Touchdown

ynisy6.jpg

The bird taxies back to the bay. Compare the size with a 747!

ynisyu.jpg

Hope you liked the action!

Apologies for the poor quality, as the lighting and heat were terrible in BOM. Also, didnt invest much time in processing ;)

Vivek,

Thanks a lot for sharing these A380 shots: MW is really covering her world-wide travels, as previous trips to LAX, JFK, MUC, SIN, SYD, HKG, KUL and NRT etc. were shown here as well :yahoo:

I cannot help but sense the excitment of the A380 crew doing the ILS on RWY 27. Very steep angle 3.3 degrees approach. No autoland allowed. Displaced threshold and medium braking action at best throughout the runway length (about 2700m left after touchdown zone). Autobrakes to maximum and full reversers. Two engines only for reversers. Then the taxi out of the runway. The taxiways are so narrow at times even a 777 finds it hard to negotiate around. Hmm.....

Nevertheless, good to see an A380 landing in India. We as crews always wonder how will India accomodate A380. Now its proven....albeit much more excitement for the technical crew.....

Thank for the photo....I love the last photo very much.....comparing A380 with KE 747.

Does KE fly 747 to BOM?? or A330-333?

Edited by Yoong