MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kevin Teh

Anjung Tinjau

Good catch Liew ! :good:

Well worth your efforts to "stalk" in AT for that RJ bird. :drinks:

What time did that RJ show up ?

Since I don't know where they parked these 767's, I'll put my request here @ AT:

Boeing 767 -33A 25534 477 V8-RBH Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor ex N6055X

Boeing 767 -33A 25532 442 V8-RBG Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor ex N6055X

Anyone got shots of them ? :huh:

Good catch Liew ! :good:

Well worth your efforts to "stalk" in AT for that RJ bird. :drinks:

What time did that RJ show up ?

Thanks Chaity... :drinks:

RJ arrived at 7.06pm

Since I don't know where they parked these 767's, I'll put my request here @ AT:

Boeing 767 -33A 25534 477 V8-RBH Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor ex N6055X

Boeing 767 -33A 25532 442 V8-RBG Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor ex N6055X

Anyone got shots of them ? :huh:

BH and BG are already in MAS maintenance hangar in WMSA...so surprise to see those birds when came to work this morning

NAA scheduled to depart to New York at 1700 today. Probably it will drop in to Brussels before returning home next week.

Edited by MIR

I was at KUL last saturday, for an assignment for my workplace - Covering the 738 from Garuda into KL.

After which, i stayed back for a couple of hours for some bout of anjung spotting. :)

5360336330_b9d758ff57.jpg

The girl - PK-GMM straight from Sukarno-Hatta. Her turnaround was fast - even with the VIPs milling around the area. This was from B2 BTW.

5359722251_d3491f635d.jpg

Later i moved to Anjung Tinjau proper to see her off back to CGK. here she is heading to 32L.

5359722483_1dc901ef76.jpg

Here is 9M-FFB, which i think was heading to KCH or BKI.

5360337612_f4f343439c.jpg

A visitor from China - B-6290

5360338160_64788ba1e5.jpg

Our very own 9M-MXC, seen here for her take-off to places unknown. I did notice that she and some other birds did not take the whole 32L runway to take off - normal occurrence?

A trifecta of A330s, starting with...

5360337876_e172141b8d.jpg

... A Sri Lankan 4R-ADF....

5360338396_d0c395bde3.jpg

... Then an Ethihad. How unlucky i am, nose blur and back rego covered just enough by the winglet...

5360337368_2e22b86726.jpg

... and an uncommon visitor (for me), Air Mauritius 3B-NBL...

Here is a family picture that we will see more and more at KLIA

5360337102_93779e2f7d.jpg

FFA,FFB and MLD all docked at the contact pier. Sorry didn't catch the regos of the other two 734s there

5359730873_93f1e1b6b9.jpg

Also, this visitor has been with us for the past few days - National Airways N155CA. A rare bird the DC8 indeed.

I wonder what is it doing here?

Anyone noticed that most of the planes landing in KUL are now Sumajau dancers? A330, B738 :yahoo: :clapping: :rofl:

All photos by Memerang, on Flickr

Nice photo of ex-MLA, ex-MLB and MLD.

Soon MTB of KLIA gonna be jam-pack with B738NG...keke...

Thank you for sharing.

Lovely shots there! Until now, I still have no idea where this 'Anjung Tinjau' is. I think the reason why some of the planes do not use up the whole of RWY 32L is due to a lighter load which requires less runway for the takeoff.

Sharil,

Nice series of shots !!! esp. FY and MH 738's :good:

Note: Air Lanka is a 340, not a 330; maybe you can get the rego of Etihad from the nosewheel-door ?

Lovely shots there! Until now, I still have no idea where this 'Anjung Tinjau' is. I think the reason why some of the planes do not use up the whole of RWY 32L is due to a lighter load which requires less runway for the takeoff.

Departure hall walk pass the check-in counters and towards the end there is a entrance somewhere in the middle. Walk straight all the way.

From the departure hall,walk straight till the end and Anjung Tinjau is somewhere above the Aerotrain Station

map_tm.jpg

First and foremost, Happy New Year 2011 to everyone! Been some time since I've posted anything constructive in here :lol: Anyways, I'm back probably for good. Hands got a little itchy today but weather didn't help. So what's the best option we have in KUL? Anjung Tinjau la, where else?? These are my humble shots from my 2 hr spotting in AT.

B-6702-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

CZ announced last year that they're increasing frequency to KUL from 1 daily to 2 daily. Seen here was the new daily flights introduced, she now lands in KUL at 1245LT.

B-6702

4R-ADB-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

Usual suspect, 4R-ADB.

VN-A322-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

VN-A322, dedicated to our ever hardworking VN spotters!

Soon after traffic was pretty slow, and decided to venture to the Alpha bays where I saw an Orange bird idling.

MQO-FFA-MRH-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

9M-MQO, 9M-FFA and 9M-MRH (L-R) seen here with a pretty nice view of the developing KLIA2

A6-EYJ-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

A6-EYJ

9V-JSH-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

Previously, there were only 1 or 2 aircrafts with the Valuair titles, believe almost all of them have it now. One down south from our dedicated SIN spotters. 9V-JSH

A7-AFL-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

A7-AFL

van.jpg

Maybe many of you have noticed them on the road, but for those of you who haven't seen them, here you go! A complete new branding by MH also included its crew pickup and engineering vans.

Toast of my first spotting session for the year had to be this...

A9C-KB-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

GF (not yours :lol: ) have been pretty generous in sending this bird to KUL over the past week or so. It is a crime if you do not get to photograph her, but weather wasn't very helpful lately. A9C-KB bearing the Bahrain GP livery, with updated titles to support the Grand Prix for the year of 2011.

I am getting too lazy, but I hope this keeps the spirit going. More to come soon and meanwhile wishing all our MW members a very happy and prosperous Chinese New Year! :drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

TQ Iggy. Sharil, sorry don't really understand what you're trying to say though :pardon:

A9C-KB2-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

Another angle of A9C-KB.

And also noticed that all my shots shared here are all from Airbus, except for the MH-FY combo shot of an all Boeing line up. :yahoo:

We couldnt blame you as you work in an all airbus company :rofl:

We couldnt blame you as you work in an all airbus company :rofl:

Haiyahhh! Like that ar Iggy?? Then I guess this one must make its appearance here :lol:

9M-MMW-KLIA-28-1-11.jpg

9M-MMW - dedicated to everyone in MW! :clapping:

Good to see more KUL action again. So far in 2011, it has not been terribly exciting! Thanks for sharing Sri Ramani! :clapping:

It's nice to see that the aerotrain maintenance depot is following KLIA's template architecture, so it's synchronized with its surroundings (the roof is very similar to those of Satellite Terminal's). In the photos, we can see the trains inside the depot, but is that the old or the new trains?

It's nice to see that the aerotrain maintenance depot is following KLIA's template architecture, so it's synchronized with its surroundings (the roof is very similar to those of Satellite Terminal's). In the photos, we can see the trains inside the depot, but is that the old or the new trains?

Hi MAR! I knew someone would be coming up with this question and i too mane an obligatory shot too....

skytrainhiglights.jpg

And yes, you're right. The two trains in there are the normal old ones judging by their colours :good:

:yahoo:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Ramani: what i meant was your shots looks similar in the sense that the airlines you shot are almost the same as the ones i shot in my post one page back.

Its that time of the day when the same airlines are in KLIA i suppose

MR.SRI RAMANI

Hello,It has been a long time.Thank you for sharing nice photos taken at Observation Area :clapping: .

The day before yesterday,I have been there(Anjung Tinjau) for spotting.It had a tough time to take photos for airplanes due to dense cloudy day in a daytime. :( :(

But I could take a shot for FIREFLY B737-800.

MYAMMER A320,EGYPT A330,PIA A310,EMIRATES flights got away to the far side of the sattelite terminal.

MASAHIKO SAKAI from JAPAN