MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kevin Teh

Anjung Tinjau

Surprised to see it still in FireFly's rego. Nevertheless, fantastic night shots! Love the one of Mike Bravo where you get to see the interior! :drinks:

Hehe... yup....Smarties interior.....

Not the best of weather but we had to make do with what we got. Quite fortunate considering the fact that they filed for a 0815hrs departure the following day due to weather. I hope KS Ong got better shots to share ;)

canj.jpg

Thanks Tang for the company. Yes, weather was indeed 'suck' big time. But luckily, we changed planed earlier and remained in MTB.

When arrived, Polaris was towed to Bunga Raya for her VIP sortie. On another note, wonder why the Qatar Challenger is here.

CanForce3701-Towing.jpg

CanForce3701-Face.jpg

'Mata' (EYE) has been a regular to KLIA

MATA.jpg

Storm moved from East to West. Obs Hill / Rwy 32R is no longer visible

KLIATSRAPanorama.jpg

MH braving through the storm. Earlier, a MH-330 and 2 AKs 'went-around' while the other aircraft went on holding position.

MAS777TSRA.jpg

Close to 4.20, storm passed but still raining heavily. Can Force 3701 was cleared for taxi to holding point A11 for Rwy 32R dept; FL220 to PEN with 63 POB.

CanForce3701-Head.jpg

CanForce3701-Whole.jpg

Storm passed...

KLIATSRAAfterPanorama.jpg

MASGround.jpg

Nice shots of the Polaris, guys. :good:

Rumoured that E-4B(73-1677) operating as 'INGOT37' arrived Malaysia from Brisbane few hours ago, but I'm not sure whether it landed at KUL or SZB.

Edited by MIR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C-17_4.jpg

I saw an aircraft which looks like this landing at KUL this afternoon at around 2 o'clock.

Did anyone else see that? Its engine sound was very loud, much louder than a B747's !

I guess some C-17s also arrived from Brisbane, there might be high level of USAF movements in this region in the next few days due to POTUS visit to Indonesia and Secretary of State has a meeting in Thailand.

usairef.jpg

Edited by MIR

usairef.jpg

Is this info accessible by public users? If yes, where? I've always wondered about this.

Some shots from the other day's spotting.

a6eye.jpg

9mmqn1.jpg

9mmml.jpg

9mmml1.jpg

dsc3762n.jpg

Edited by S M Tang

Confirmed bro 73-1677 landed in KUL. Currently parked at the cargo bay beside MASKargo complex. :drinks:

Thanks for the confirmation :drinks:

Is the E4B meant for the Sec of State ?....I thought the Sec Def is usually the one who takes this bird

Correct, SecDef travels in one of the four E-4Bs. Sec of State usually flies in the C-32 or C-40. She arrived BKK in the C-32A (99-0003) 3 days ago.

When POTUS travels on the VC-25'Air Force One', one or two E-4B and the spare VC-25 will always be on stanby nearby. E-4B (73-1677) is on standby at KUL bcs POTUS is attending the ASEAN summit in Bali. I guess the E-4B is leaving KUL tomorrow.

Is this info accessible by public users? If yes, where? I've always wondered about this.

That was taken from balus.info. It contains the flight data for south east Queensland and northern New South Wales, Australia. The E-4B was on standby at Brisbane while AF1 was in Canberra few days ago. Since the E-4B and other C-17s are in Brisbane(Queensland), I used that website to check it.

Edited by MIR

Some shots from the other day's spotting.

dsc3762n.jpg

I like this shot....looks like the sky is about to fall down

That was taken from balus.info. It contains the flight data for south east Queensland and northern New South Wales, Australia. The E-4B was on standby at Brisbane while AF1 was in Canberra few days ago. Since the E-4B and other C-17s are in Brisbane(Queensland), I used that website to check it.

Thanks for the info, MIR!

Some from Sunday 27/11 together with Yong and Wilson.

Starting with some locals

DSC_8890.jpg

FFB in old MH colour

DSC_8874.jpg

Latest MXF in new colour started work. Has been flying to BKK quite frequently.

Next

DSC_8917.jpg

Yong's Siu Long Pau.

And lastly

DSC_8762.jpg

Surprise Kimchi for Wilson

and

Special dedication to Chaity and Sri Ramani. Has been missing for some time, time to get ur gears back to work !

Edited by Liew Hon Kit

Special dedication to Chaity and Sri Ramani. Has been missing for some time, time to get ur gears back to work !

Yes! The gears have been on leave for quite some time now.

Nice photos,the firefly 737-400 9M-FZA and 9M-FZB what will happend to them the 738 already converted to Malaysia Airlines

Thanks for the dedication. :drinks:

Wanted spotting but couldn't allocate a day. :sorry:

I missed LIMA 2011 too as I had booked FY flight earlier and opted for refund at the last minute. :(

spent some of my time at anjung tinjau yesterday while waiting for my flight :rolleyes:

SAM_1038.jpg

SAM_1041.jpg

SAM_1047.jpg

anjung tinjau is a really nice place to spot i should say! :good:

SAM_1053.jpg

SAM_1058.jpg

SAM_1064.jpg

SAM_1085.jpg

9M-MPQ is resting there...

SAM_1103.jpg

factory fresh! 9M-MXG from BKI :lol:

SAM_1111.jpg

last photo before leaving AT~

Alvin,

I see a 747SP of IR in one of your pictures: did you take a 'better' shot of her ? :huh:

Alvin,

I see a 747SP of IR in one of your pictures: did you take a 'better' shot of her ? :huh:

Of course, but not clear at all due to the reflection :(

SAM_1045.jpg

Edited by AlvinLvK

Looks like EP-IAB :pardon:

Thanks for sharing, Alvin...

Nice catch Liew :good: . I had a gut feeling you would be there to catch something that anyone else least expects. :lol:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.