MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Webber

Hello im back

Hi, im back. I need some information for something. Im going to Paris Sunday 24th of June. Im going to leave KLIA at 8pm to Bangkok, then from there i'll take Thai airways international straight to Paris Charles-De-Gaulle. I know that i'll be traveling in a Boeing 747-400, in economy class. I want to know if there's some Personal TV touch screen in front of us. According to their website , their is some personal TV (http://www.thaiairwaysthailand.com/eng/TG/B748.php?mid=748#top). But while trying to be 100% sure, I checked some pics in airliners.net.... no pictures with personnal TV screens :(

Welcome Back! :yahoo:

TG Y dun hv PTV, except the new First and Biz class hv new seats. If I were you, I would reroute to CDG and finish the trip with train or flight.

Wish you a great trip and do share with us :drinks:

Ok, so...... any advice to pass the time in that looong distance flight?? There's my laptop but the batteries is pure crap.... i mean it can only last 20 minutes. I have my ipod (that's a good thing) :) . And i'll surely going to flirt with the Thai stewardess B) . Any other things to do..... maybe buy alot of magazines.. ;)

Oh one more thing..... tell me there's at least a big screen for everyone?

Welcome Back! :yahoo:

TG Y dun hv PTV, except the new First and Biz class hv new seats. If I were you, I would reroute to CDG and finish the trip with train or flight.

Wish you a great trip and do share with us :drinks:

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Opss, sorry typo :sorry: I meant is ZRH, because the route offer A346 which equip with PTV in all classes + AVOD :drinks: eg. KUL-BKK-ZRH>>>CDG, just a thought thou. But big screens are also great too :drinks:

Hey. Thai is pretty good in eco. Yeah, Thai has mainscreen for the 747's, like the a330 and a300. Don't expect top notch entertainment options though. Audio selection is a hit and miss thing. I like their Thai Music Journey channel. Gives Thai instrumental music. Cheerful and semi funky. My advice is: Sleep! Thai crew are good. The ones I had were cheerful and ready to help. Food is good too. Nice portions and pretty tasty. Cheers to your journey with Thai.

Hey. Thai is pretty good in eco. Yeah, Thai has mainscreen for the 747's, like the a330 and a300. Don't expect top notch entertainment options though. Audio selection is a hit and miss thing. I like their Thai Music Journey channel. Gives Thai instrumental music. Cheerful and semi funky. My advice is: Sleep! Thai crew are good. The ones I had were cheerful and ready to help. Food is good too. Nice portions and pretty tasty. Cheers to your journey with Thai.

Im a very bad sleeper in plane, I can't barely sleep in eco. :nea: But don't worry, i'll read magazines.

Im a very bad sleeper in plane, I can't barely sleep in eco. :nea: But don't worry, i'll read magazines.

Switch to SQ? :huh:

You get the 77W on the CDG route, with the New Generation KrisWorld IFE. Plus the legendary SQ service. :)

Edited by Keith T

My kind of travel

-Bring along a crossword puzzle book, kinda helpful for boring trip.

-Make sure the flight has models for sale in their duty free in-flight sale, i bought the model and never tired of admiring it and realize my trip almost end.

-I bring my PDA with me the whole time, with some movies, mp3 and games in it.

-I bring along my laptop and put on my FS2004 when it's boring.

-I ask for a lot of pepsi when i can't sleep, sometimes 10 cups.

-Get a cup of cofee and drink it without sugar to make it strong, trust me, you can fall asleep quickly.

-I walk around the cabin with my camera, especially on a 747.

-Lay my hand on anything i get my hands on, like magazine, safety card, air sick bag and other stuff.

-Talk to the stranger next to me. Just start with a hello and not talk too much, because the stranger next to you might be too friendly. what's worst, he might still has his jet lag from previous flight.

-Talk to the stranger next to me. Just start with a hello and not talk too much, because the stranger next to you might be too friendly. what's worst, he might still has his jet lag from previous flight.

See what kind of stranger you dealing with, for my flight from IAH-EWR, my neighbor(next seater) is a really hot gurls, and happen to live at the same area. God, we still talk to each other :good: ........if you tend to take pix, as A LOT, talk to ur neighbor, so he/she doesn't find that weird :pardon:

2 cents

Edited by Seth K

Gotta be very careful with this. I once got told off by one of those business executive types for disturbing him just by saying hello. :( He wasn't even doing any work at that time (prep for take off so he wasn't allowed to turn on his laptop anyway). My FA friends were also working in the same cabin and secretly told me they thought that dude was a pain in the behind anyway so I guess I wasn't missing much.

But OTOH I've also made life long friends out of seat mates. :drinks:

On most red eye flights it won't be long before the booze knocks me out. :D

PTV is only important to me for day flights and only when I've run out of things to read.

if you tend to take pix, as A LOT, talk to ur neighbor, so he/she doesn't find that weird :pardon:

Hehe I once got mistaken for being a journalist/travel writer by my seatmate. He turned out to be Steve Creedy, Aviation Writer for The Australian.

Edited by Keith T

See what kind of stranger you dealing with, for my flight from IAH-EWR.

Gotta be very careful with this. I once got told off by one of those business executive types for disturbing him just by saying hello. :( He wasn't even doing any work at that time (prep for take off so he wasn't allowed to turn on his laptop anyway). My FA friends were also working in the same cabin and secretly told me they thought that dude was a pain in the behind anyway so I guess I wasn't missing much.

That's true, not all stranger next to you are friendly. My last CO flight IAH-LAX, in first class, the french lady next to me were not that friendly. She even speak to the steward in a rude manner. after seeing that kind of behavior, I just sit quietly and turn on my laptop and put on FS9.

Most of my other flight, i have the stranger next to me are very friendly. Some of them are Australian, Mexican, Chinese. but the time when i sit next to the mexican guy, he was very friendly indeed, kinda talk a lot but at least keep me accompany on a boring red eye flight, and i can't sleep sine i still have my jet lag from my previous flight.

Sign in to follow this