MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

MH B734 replacement

MH B734 replacement  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft should replace MH B734?

• Airbus 320 family
    • Boeing 737 NG series

The B737-400 is now nearing its service life with MAS. I'm quite sure it will be replaced in a few years time.

There are 2 viable option for the replacement: the Boeing 737 NG and the Airbus 320 family.

Which one do you like to see as the B734 replacement?

Take note that some of us will fly it as pilot or cabin crew, others will do some maintenance on it while a lot of us will fly on it as passanger.

B737 is the natural repalcement methinks - minimal re-training, right?

But from a pax PPV I prefer the A321.Yes, the elongated member of the A320 family. :D

Just my 2p.

others will do some maintenance on it while a lot of us will fly on it as passenger.

Yes, include me.... :lol:

On for me, NG it is...

My MAS Engineer friend told me Airbus is pilot friendly but not Engineer friendly. Engineer hates Airbus. Personally, I prefer 737NG .

They can have 738 as direct replacement for 734 and also operate 739ER for some routes that require longer range but with capacity not more than 200 pax IMO.

Why i chose Boeing? so that pilots stays as pilots and to have more plane diversity in malaysia. AK with its buses and MAS with its boing boing... or else... everytime go spotting, we'll get tired of seeing a320. that one take off, a320. this one landing a320. that red one taxiing, a320. that blue red one pushback, a320. boring maaa.... hehehe.. silly answer..

Why i chose Boeing? so that pilots stays as pilots and to have more plane diversity in malaysia. AK with its buses and MAS with its boing boing... or else... everytime go spotting, we'll get tired of seeing a320. that one take off, a320. this one landing a320. that red one taxiing, a320. that blue red one pushback, a320. boring maaa.... hehehe.. silly answer..

Ditto Yusoff, you've took word by word out of my mouth lol! NGsssss~~!!

Still dun wanna be negative about it but things looked kinda not so good if tie 734 replacement with delayed A380+compensations.

Verdict MIGHT be Airbus selling it's A320s to MAS with 90% off it's price tag in bulk. In the end, full compensation has been made.

Edited by Adrian M

Personally I'd prefer the A320 family. It does feel more spacious. Boeing has been extending the life of the B737 design for far too long. They date back to the era of the B707s!

Definitely the Boeing. Less transition cost incurred than the Airbus (retraining the pilots, FAs, ground crew, and maintenance staff).

NG is the way to go.

Radzi, it will be interesting for us as a pax and MAS fan is, which aircraft do you prefer as a pilot?

I prefer the 737NG, like Adrian M and others, I like diversity!

I'd say the 737 NGs. Lower transitional costs for MAS, perhaps? Though from a passenger's point of view the A320 is more comfortable but then again it depends on the cabin configuration. Would the 737 NGs fly more than 4 hours? If not, comfort on short haul flights is not so much an issue for me.

If Malaysia sign the FTA, god knows who they gonna choose :rolleyes:

NG for me thou!!!! Sexy beast, it's all about the look :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

Since there isn't a 'doesn't matter' [or 'aren't they the same?' :p] option, I voted for the A320 because it has a slightly bigger and airier cabin. :)

Edited by Keith T

Careers with Us

Where service excellence is our philosophy

Latest Vacancies

Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers

MAS Engineering and Maintenance Division has an immediate requirement for suitably qualified & experienced Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, for short term contract or permanent employment. The engineers must be type rated on any of the following aircrafts: B737-300/400, B737NG, B747-400/B777/A330.

Interested persons are to contact:

Ahmad Sabri : asabri@mas.com.my

Telephone : +603 78404179

Taken from MAS' vacancy page

Are we going to see NG's in the near future? Go figure =D

Edited by Walter Sim

Yeah Walter..Im just going to quote it from MH's site into this post..but now I saw that it is here already :D

Edited by Min Chun

Sign in to follow this