MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

MalaysianWings Moving

MalaysianWings will be moving to a new server

In the next 24 - 48 hours , there will be times where you will not be able to access the site at all due to the transfer of the domains , files , database and etc.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience and after this , we expect to not encounter problems like what we're facing now like not being able to access the forum and getting Service Unavailable messages .

The reason why we need to move is because of this ever growing forum that we have here .

Our current hosting company has told us that we're exceeding our allowed usage and this is why we have been running into all these errors

We expected things to get better but unfortunately it did not .

We are moving to a server that is not located in Malaysia , so in the future it might be just slightly slower than the current one we're using because of the amount of hops taken to actually reach the server .

I hope you guys understand the current situation and I will see to it that we have a reliable place to unwind all the time in the near future .

Thank you

Gavin David

MalaysianWings Administrator

Thanks for your continuing effort in keeping us aviation enthusiasts together. :good:

Long live MalaysianWings.com! Who cares the server, so long as we can get our daily/hourly/secondly dose of this awesome awesome site for enthusiasts!

In time for the 2nd Birthday! :D

Thank you, Gavin and the rest of the admin for top class effort.

Good luck on the move!

Yes it is very fragile

also forgot to mention that all the posts from 1830 on 02/05/07 will not be included when we move to the new server because that was when we downloaded the database file to be moved

thanks Gav. it takes longer for the 'hops' but it will be more reliable (less downtime). :D

I don't think we have moved yet, have we? The IP still points to Cybertakjaya.

I don't think we have moved yet, have we? The IP still points to Cybertakjaya.

Yes, at 10pm 4/5/07, still pointing to Myloca.

+++

Not yet it seems. The Service Unavailable message is getting more persistent.

We are moving but the current provider is being EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY difficult about releasing the domain ' malaysianwings.com ' for some reason and this is really making my blood boil and there is nothing much I can do until they decide to release it .

strange that this happens. i have my domain registered from my hosting company and i do not need to have anyone's approval to change anything. i have a domain manager and i'm able to edit and modify my domain settings whenever i need. strange

Well done, Gavin. MW is now out of myloca. All the best at the new bluehost home! :drinks:

+++

--- off topic. ---

Khaled..

Concorde on final for rwy04 at PEN? nice.... long live Both!! :)

Ms Flight Sim is it? which one? long time never simming... games pc requirement gets higher n higher, i got fed up to cope.. :angry: