MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

2007's LIMA

haha..thanks...wiki-ed the F-111 and read bout it..its in butterworth?no wonder la tak take off or land here..heard that it will only be there for yesterdays performance for VVIPs...i could feel the heat from the flames..it was THAT near.. :yahoo:

haha..thanks...wiki-ed the F-111 and read bout it..its in butterworth?no wonder la tak take off or land here..heard that it will only be there for yesterdays performance for VVIPs...i could feel the heat from the flames..it was THAT near.. :yahoo:

Saw a RAAF F-111C do it's 'dump and burn' torching demo at Boscombe Down, UK in 1990....very impressive!!!!! Hope someone can post a photo.

I'm arriving in Langkawi (from the UK) on Sunday... Yes, I know the show has finished, but does anyone know when the participants will leave ? On the Sunday or will they depart on Monday (I'm hoping).

Might even see some of you MWingers if your still around after Saturday.

Keith

Good for BBQ :rofl:

Good for BBQ :rofl:

Saw the switchblades at their nest at RAAF Amberley in 1995.These beast have such raw power and have seen them at low level doing TFR.No other aircraft can fly faster than an F111 Aadvark/Pig at low level,not even the Tornado MRCA.

they sounded as loud as the Su-30MkM..very intimidating..dahlaa it came out of nowhere that day..wasnt expecting it at all and all of a sudden it zoomed past..thought it was an F-14 at first..simply amazing..

anyone went for the aerial display today?it was raining quite heavily after 3pm...

So the B777-300 and A380 never turned up? I was planning a day trip just for the two but luckily I didn't. Were there any commercial aircraft?

So the B777-300 and A380 never turned up? I was planning a day trip just for the two but luckily I didn't. Were there any commercial aircraft?

Same here Alan

I cancel my trip as soon as I heard that they cancel the A380 and 777 exhibition. My only intention for LIMA is to see them.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Just one on display that I saw... :pardon:

IL62

IL62_LIMA07_010_9985.jpg

and I think this one is the transport for Russian exhibitors..

Just one on display that I saw... :pardon:

IL62

IL62_LIMA07_010_9985.jpg

and I think this one is the transport for Russian exhibitors..

thanks for the photo. remember seeing IL62 from Aeroflot at SZB during the 80's and 90's. LIMA seems to be more a defence exhibition. Plus instead of new aircraft, except for a few, most are old, close to "vintage" aircraft.

Lima just ended just now with a flypast by 3 C-130, although by then most have left for the exit after Sukhoi show. Anyway Lima is too heavy on 'killing machines', nothing significant civilian aircraft display. Even Boeing had a sorry looking small booth which was already closed this afternoon. Perhaps the flavour nowadays is Airbus coz EADS had a large display area.

ya ya ya

Thats correct, lovely i was there 7/12/2007 when the F111 do the balls of fire :help: fire fire its happening. Performance by our RMAF F18 pilots also very nice and i salute them :yahoo: .

yeeeee haaaaaa

the performance by the MkM on the final day was very dissapointing to say the least..too far and the maneuvers didnt looked like it was performed perfectly..i was there on the 4th,7th and 8th and with the bells and the rein my opinion,the performance on the 7th was the best!!really sharp maneuvers st were brilliant!!on the 7th,the plane performed just opposite the MIEC compared to the 'laut' performance it did on saturday..and being on the hill opposite the terminal..i couldnt have got a better view of the simply brilliant display..

best performance on the 7th goes to the MkM but on the 8th,the hornets won hands down...

btw guys...anyone know where i can get the souvenirs for LIMA??i forgot to buy the very interesting rm25 LIMA pin collection and still regretting it till now..masa nak beli tu tiba2 dengar Red arrows starting up..terus rushed to the tarmac and forgot to come back to the shop.. :(

my collections for LIMA 2007

freebies i got..the few russian words i picked up before going was worth it!borak with the sukhoi guy and he said "i have something for you" he went into his room and came out with the file and the Su-47 poster!other people all asked for one but he said "only one..only one.."that definitely made my day and the whole LIMA trip worth it!!same thing happened at the MiG booth but dapat satu poster only..

0060.jpg

from left: MiG-29SM poster/brochure

sukhoi file which i have sworn to guard with my life

RMAF notebook

and a superb poster of the su-47 berkut!!

back view..sukhois russian address!

0063.jpg

souvenirs i bought at LIMA 2007

0062.jpg

the one on the left most are the 2 giant RMAF posters..

close up of the cute planes!

0061.jpg

i could never have been happier after receiving the stuffs from sukhoi especially.. :)

my collections for LIMA 2007

freebies i got..the few russian words i picked up before going was worth it!borak with the sukhoi guy and he said "i have something for you" he went into his room and came out with the file and the Su-47 poster!other people all asked for one but he said "only one..only one.."that definitely made my day and the whole LIMA trip worth it!!same thing happened at the MiG booth but dapat satu poster only..

0060.jpg

from left: MiG-29SM poster/brochure

sukhoi file which i have sworn to guard with my life

RMAF notebook

and a superb poster of the su-47 berkut!!

back view..sukhois russian address!

souvenirs i bought at LIMA 2007

the one on the left most are the 2 giant RMAF posters..

close up of the cute planes!

i could never have been happier after receiving the stuffs from sukhoi especially.. :)

Sweet-sweet goodies there, especially those from Sukhoi!

Back in LIMA'93 the Russians were actually selling their flight gears and badges under the wing of a Mig-29.

I bought a Russian flight badge from the Mig-29 Tochka Opori pilot for RM5.

Some dude bought the pressure suite for RM150!

cheers

Sweet-sweet goodies there, especially those from Sukhoi!

Back in LIMA'93 the Russians were actually selling their flight gears and badges under the wing of a Mig-29.

I bought a Russian flight badge from the Mig-29 Tochka Opori pilot for RM5.

Some dude bought the pressure suite for RM150!

cheers

whoa..rm5 is definitely worth it!i could have imagined a similar RMAF badge costing rm20 or so..disappointed to see no russian planes around other then the ilyushin..

i managed to get sum stuff on the Gripen from the SAAB booth as well..forgot to snap pics of them..really appreciate the guys effort to go and dig for it in the store..didnt speak a word of swedish thou.. :p

heard that LIMA recorded 13.2 billion ringgit worth of deals..is that considered good or not?

link

Edited by iwan

Sign in to follow this