MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

2007's LIMA

yeap..the attendance list is too good to be true imo..even stated that the F-22 and the F-35 will be around for the static display.. mebe they meant who they sent the invitation cards to..wud love to see the blue angels thou..

im looking forward to see the Su-30MKS(tailsign 501 & 502) at this years LIMA instead of staring at it on my monitor day in day out...one of my favourite Su-30s around.. :)

btw..any experienced LIMA visitors here?got any tips about parking..coming early etc.?im planning to be at the airport all day..

just to share my least experience from previous LIMA. :pardon:

for those who drive, can always park in kuala kedah or kuala perlis but be sure to be early as by 8am car park would be full. if you're driving in langkawi, car park is not a problem as ample parking space is provided (with a fee, of course). just as precaution, try to book ferry tickets in advance (to and fro). be prepare to get surprise by the exorbitant taxi fare from kuah to langkawi airport and rental car/van. :angry:

if you're planning to stay in langkawi, forget about it as most hotels would have been fully booked by now and if they don't, be prepare to pay exorbitant price for a room.

just to share my least experience from previous LIMA. :pardon:

for those who drive, can always park in kuala kedah or kuala perlis but be sure to be early as by 8am car park would be full. if you're driving in langkawi, car park is not a problem as ample parking space is provided (with a fee, of course). just as precaution, try to book ferry tickets in advance (to and fro). be prepare to get surprise by the exorbitant taxi fare from kuah to langkawi airport and rental car/van. :angry:

if you're planning to stay in langkawi, forget about it as most hotels would have been fully booked by now and if they don't, be prepare to pay exorbitant price for a room.

how far is the airport from jetty?

how far is the airport from jetty?

its not that far, roughly around 15-30min (depending on traffic) drive from kuah jetty. normally during LIMA, taxi is easy to get but if anyone want to rent a car, it would be very expensive. RM90-100 for Proton Wira, while on any ordinary day it is RM60-80 for Proton Wira (that was the price for the previous LIMA, might be even more expensive come this December).

its not that far, roughly around 15-30min (depending on traffic) drive from kuah jetty. normally during LIMA, taxi is easy to get but if anyone want to rent a car, it would be very expensive. RM90-100 for Proton Wira, while on any ordinary day it is RM60-80 for Proton Wira (that was the price for the previous LIMA, might be even more expensive come this December).

so izzit cheaper to move around with a taxi or renting a car?

so izzit cheaper to move around with a taxi or renting a car?

roughly for taxi, RM25-50 from kuah jetty to airport. if anyone plan to hang around the air show only, then i guess going by taxi is worth it. but for those who wants to go around the island after visiting the airshow, then renting a car would be worth while.

roughly for taxi, RM25-50 from kuah jetty to airport. if anyone plan to hang around the air show only, then i guess going by taxi is worth it. but for those who wants to go around the island after visiting the airshow, then renting a car would be worth while.

oww..ok..thanks for the info!but what i noticed the last time was..the taxis prefers to stop for the foreigners most of the tme even if they saw u first..irritating really..

and btw...i read in another forum that it is possible to pay Rm50-Rm60 to enter during trade days..izzit possible?i wuldnt mind paying if that means full booths in the display area..

oww..ok..thanks for the info!but what i noticed the last time was..the taxis prefers to stop for the foreigners most of the tme even if they saw u first..irritating really..

and btw...i read in another forum that it is possible to pay Rm50-Rm60 to enter during trade days..izzit possible?i wuldnt mind paying if that means full booths in the display area..

well, that's how it is with our local taxi driver. they prefer to pick foreigners so that they can 'slaughter' them. most of those taxi's are doing 'part time' during LIMA only (extra income maaa..) and that's when they happily slaughter people with exorbitant price. :angry:

Hello...

When exactly is the LIMA this year?

I saw in the newspaper that it'd be in the first week of Dec. as opposed to what I understand from you guys earlier, which is in the second or third week of Dec.

i wish to go for this year LIMA unfortunately i need to go for sim training. I was one of the exhibitor during 2005.the air show is exciting and remember to go early because u might not want to missed the souvenirs.get it free from all the booth...i manage to get dozen of it....keke...but now given away to all my friend...

i wish to go for this year LIMA unfortunately i need to go for sim training. I was one of the exhibitor during 2005.the air show is exciting and remember to go early because u might not want to missed the souvenirs.get it free from all the booth...i manage to get dozen of it....keke...but now given away to all my friend...

Hi Jason, by "going early" do you mean going from early morning or the first days of the exhibition or both?

how do we get good spots for the airshows?i wud hate the idea of missing the take off and looking at peoples head instead...ive got hold of the schedule and hopefully thats enough...

btw..can anyone confirm about entering the exhibition during trade days?bcos my dad can only be there until the 6th..if we cant enter then i will go there myself on the public day which is better for my dad actually..i can imagine how bored he will be seeing me spend half an hour on each plane.. :p

regarding LIMA 2007...

question to those already attended it before,..

i'm planning to go there on December 8, 2007...

1. what time des the exhibition hall opens

2. will there be any charge to enter the hall? i read somewhere in an earlier post tey charge us RM50-60 to enter the hall?

3. What about to enter the tarmac for the static aircraft display? still need to pay?

i'm planning to go there via Kuala Kedah and take an early ferry there and due to be back to the main land at around 4pm...

thanks in advance

junmishima

my travel arrangement for this year LIMA '07 has been finalize. :D

7/12/07 - KL - KGR (by bus)

8/12/07 - Kuala Perlis - Langkawi (by ferry)

8/12/07 - Langkawi - Kuala Perlis (by ferry) stay overnight in Kgr.

9/12/07 - KGR - KL (by bus)

going to langkawi by firefly on the 1st..will be my first experience in a fokker...family will be there with me until the 4th..and i will spend the next few days rotting there before the 7th...hope that the roaring sounds of the MkMs would make all of that worthwhile.. :rolleyes:

btw guys..is there any langkawi-butterworth ferry services during LIMA??if i were to take a ferry to kuala kedah..is there any bus to KL?any alternative for the langkawi-KL journey other then by flight?

btw guys..is there any langkawi-butterworth ferry services during LIMA??if i were to take a ferry to kuala kedah..is there any bus to KL?any alternative for the langkawi-KL journey other then by flight?

try to cut down the amount of time u spend on the ferry, it might spoil your day. I know there are ferries from Penang Island straight to Langkawi on normal days.

just my 5 cents

Last i recall taking a ferry from langkawi to penang. I am pretty sure that there isn't any ferry services from langkawi to butterworth or vice versa.

From Penang you can take it from the jetty point close to the FORT CORNWALLIS if i am not wrong.=)

yup.. there are ferry services from Penang Port near that Fort Cornwalis there... and

try to cut down the amount of time u spend on the ferry, it might spoil your day. I know there are ferries from Penang Island straight to Langkawi on normal days.

spending 2.5hours ferry ride from Penang is something i dont really looking forward to... thats the reason i'm willing to drive all the way to Kuala Kedah and get a ferry there instead... 1.5 hours is much better then 2.5hrs :D

that just me.... i dont want to reach LIMA 2007 with a pounding headache due to the sea sickness...

again it just me.. :D

kuman

Guess some of you have already visited LIMA. Can anyone post some pictures or a list of aircraft present? Then i wont be able to sleep for the next 3 nights. Haha :rofl:

the airshow was awesome guys!!i went to the hill opposite the terminal yesterday to watch..wasa there all the way from 10am-4pm..got a heavily sunburnt face but the show was WORTH IT!!snapped 200+ pics and cant wait to post them when i come back to kl on the 11th...the airshow was AWESOME!!

there was a even a mysterious plane which performed before the MiGs took the sky..dindt take-off nor land at the langkawi airport..just came out of nowhere..it had the 2 wing config ala tomcat but with a head that looked like the B-1 Lancer...it even had flames blowing out of its rear!!the sukhois look so much bigger 'in person' and boy i nearly cried watching it fly that close to me...a truly wonderful experience...and to all who havent decided to come,better come!

anyone in langkawi already?

Edited by iwan

there was a even a mysterious plane which performed before the MiGs took the sky..dindt take-off nor land at the langkawi airport..just came out of nowhere..it had the 2 wing config ala tomcat but with a head that looked like the B-1 Lancer...it even had flames blowing out of its rear!!

Sounds like RAAF F-111 doing their "dump and burn" maneuver...

Sign in to follow this