MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

2007's LIMA

Do you have a good place to park your car? I've always contemplated of driving but worry for car's safety on the mainland. Many years ago I did try and got parking space at Sekolah Kebangsaan Seberang Nyonya in Kuala Kedah, which was just beside the jetty. The PTA had a great idea of using the school compound for parking to those going to Langkawi, for a small fee. Being in a school I felt a bit confident. I never trust those public parking places as a friend got parts of his car (bumper) stolen. I don't trust any public parking places on the mainland when I go to the various islands. The nearest hotel's parking compund is my best hope that all will be OK e.g. Seri Malaysia Mersing for Tioman, Seri Malaysia Marang for Pulau Kapas, Orient Star Resort for Pangkor.

Edited by Rozhan

Do you have a good place to park your car? I've always contemplated of driving but worry for car's safety on the mainland. Many years ago I did try and got parking space at Sekolah Kebangsaan Seberang Nyonya in Kuala Kedah, which was just beside the jetty. The PTA had a great idea of using the school compound for parking to those going to Langkawi, for a small fee. Being in a school I felt a bit confident. I never trust those public parking places as a friend got parts of his car (bumper) stolen. I don't trust any public parking places on the mainland when I go to the various islands. The nearest hotel's parking compund is my best hope that all will be OK e.g. Seri Malaysia Mersing for Tioman, Seri Malaysia Marang for Pulau Kapas, Orient Star Resort for Pangkor.

sadly, I have no idea where to park my car nor direction to the jetty :lol: My dad comment that I should drive slightly further to the north till Kuala Perlis and it will be a better choice. If u drive to Kuala Perlis, the time u spend on the ferry will be shorten. I rather drive than sitting on a ferry for a long period.

I'm going on the 8th just for a day trip because hotels are imposing cut-throat rates.

By the way, to anyone else going by air, fly Air Asia to LGK! They now have 7 flights daily, on brand new planes.

Correct, I've booked earlier, before the 7-daily flights .... and I bought the LGK-KUL ticket at RM149.99 (minus surcharges...)

& last week I checked... the same flight I booked was RM99.99 and a later additional flight was RM29.99 :angry: ..

Only in my dream they'll refund the difference... :nea: ...

Anyway .... my KUL-LGK is at RM29.99 ;) :lol:

BTW... Me day trip only... on the 6th... accomodation/transportation too expensive

Correct, I've booked earlier, before the 7-daily flights .... and I bought the LGK-KUL ticket at RM149.99 (minus surcharges...)

& last week I checked... the same flight I booked was RM99.99 and a later additional flight was RM29.99 :angry: ..

Only in my dream they'll refund the difference... :nea: ...

Anyway .... my KUL-LGK is at RM29.99 ;) :lol:

BTW... Me day trip only... on the 6th... accomodation/transportation too expensive

most probably I will going on the 6th too :rofl: Just wondering, camera allowed ?

Will be at LIMA '07 on Dec 5-7. Booked my 9.99 tix last May (=> nett 99.98 KUL-LGK-KUL).

+++

most probably I will going on the 6th too :rofl: Just wondering, camera allowed ?

Camera is allowed.... but pls check back,

the exhibition is open to public only on 7th and 8th Dec,

prior to that you need special pass/trade exhibitor to enter.

Without that... you can only view from outside the fence... :pardon:

no problem for aerial displays, but you can't view the static up close.

@Doc Naim.... hope to see you there on the 6th... ;)

Sure one, Sir. I'm a trade visitor. :D

+++

Camera is allowed.... but pls check back,

the exhibition is open to public only on 7th and 8th Dec,

prior to that you need special pass/trade exhibitor to enter.

Without that... you can only view from outside the fence... :pardon:

no problem for aerial displays, but you can't view the static up close.

My heart stopped after the moment I read about this :( I didn't realise about that. I really appreciate that you inform me before I made more decision like start booking hotel. Sadly, I am a student and the closest I am related to LIMA is that I am currently studying engineering course. Would you please suggest how I can get the pass with my 4 other friends. My main purpose is get to the static plane as close as possible.

lets see...who's flying and who's driving to langkawi? :help:

i'm planning to go too but haven't decided yet as to which mode of transportation to use. :blink:

Can take the train too. End journey at Alor Star or Arau, and take a taxi to Kuala Kedah or Kuala Perlis. The jetty may be crowded with daytrippers though.

My heart stopped after the moment I read about this :( I didn't realise about that. I really appreciate that you inform me before I made more decision like start booking hotel. Sadly, I am a student and the closest I am related to LIMA is that I am currently studying engineering course. Would you please suggest how I can get the pass with my 4 other friends. My main purpose is get to the static plane as close as possible.

I don't know how to obtain a single pass.... neither for your 4 other friends :pardon: ... sorry.

"This year very,.very.. difficult... even I haven't got my pass yet..."

That's the reply I rcv'd from my friend in LGK.. :sorry: ... and I'm still hoping since AK tickets bought :p

Anyway, as mentioned... its open to public on 7th and 8th... :)

managed to secure a pass during LIMA 05. collected soooo many amazing pins and got photos with VVIPs too eg tun mahathir, dr siti hasmah, najib tun razak etc :clapping:

but still no news bout this coming LIMA 07....

lucky thing my dad got an apartment there..tickets on air asia oso booked ady..the hotel rates are crazy to say the least...btw..on the public display day..is the exhibition same as the one presented to those with passes on the 3rd-7th??or izzit a scaled down version where exhibitors has started packing up and we only get 'half-hearted' aerial displays??i have only been to LIMA once and that was in 1999 when i was 12...hardly remember anything except the fact that i took a pic with a frogfoot not knowing a thing about the legendary bird..

i've been to LIMA twice before and from what i observed, the last day of exhibition almost half of the exhibitors would have pack up (especially those inside the exhibition hall) while aerial display remain the main attraction and interesting (provided weather is OK).

btw guys, make sure to check the weather forecast before and during LIMA yah...the last time i went, weather really screw up the aerial display. :angry:

i've been to LIMA twice before and from what i observed, the last day of exhibition almost half of the exhibitors would have pack up (especially those inside the exhibition hall) while aerial display remain the main attraction and interesting (provided weather is OK).

btw guys, make sure to check the weather forecast before and during LIMA yah...the last time i went, weather really screw up the aerial display. :angry:

they packed up??now thats dissapointing...they shud continue la imo..who knows one of us will step up to be the next PM or defence minister.. :p

the public will get a full show of th aerial and static displays right?

the public will get a full show of th aerial and static displays right?

yup, on the last day, from morning to afternoon. public are allow to enter the tarmac and view all static and aerial display. security will be tight, so lighter, cigarette are restricted items in and around the tarmac area.

my first post here.. :)

- so with roughly around 61 days to LIMA 2007, have the organizer finalized the line-up of aircraft that's due to make an appearance? or have they even update their site with the latest line-up...

- anyone got any news?

planning to make a day trip on the 8th, but waiting to see the line-up first, :D

jun

in their website..stated that red arrows, russian knights, blue angel, thunder birds, rmaf aerobatics are coming... how could this be? 4 major aerobatics teams are coming!! i dont believe it...maybe juz the red arrows are coming. they should update their website.... airbus a380 coming in their website..iz it true?

in terms of the runway length...i think its possible..a380 requires around 2800m for take off...LGK's length is around 3800... but im not sure the width of LGK..the airbus a380 requires 60m width on runways and 40m width on taxiways...

Runway is ok then ? Taxiways not ok ?

No problem, just get the whale to do a touch and go (or two ?)

If even that cannot, then a flypast can do also !

Hey, we can do it - Malaysia Boleh !!

:)

in their website..stated that red arrows, russian knights, blue angel, thunder birds, rmaf aerobatics are coming... how could this be? 4 major aerobatics teams are coming!! i dont believe it...maybe juz the red arrows are coming. they should update their website.... airbus a380 coming in their website..iz it true?

i don't think all 4 major aerobatic teams will be there. the last time LIMA was held, they did mention the same thing and ended up with only the red arrow doing the aerial performance.

yeap..the attendance list is too good to be true imo..even stated that the F-22 and the F-35 will be around for the static display.. mebe they meant who they sent the invitation cards to..wud love to see the blue angels thou..

im looking forward to see the Su-30MKS(tailsign 501 & 502) at this years LIMA instead of staring at it on my monitor day in day out...one of my favourite Su-30s around.. :)

btw..any experienced LIMA visitors here?got any tips about parking..coming early etc.?im planning to be at the airport all day..

Sign in to follow this