MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

2007's LIMA

erm..i know this may be off-topic but can anyone tell me the difference between the MiG-29OVT and the MiG-35?or izzit the same plane?
I think MiG-35 is the new name for MiG29OVT, obviously for marketing purposes. The name MiG-35 was first officially used in an airshow in India recently. India is expected to open tender for 120 'medium'weight fighter aircraft by next year to replace its MiG-21 'flying coffin'. Expect a showdown of MiG-35 vs Mirage 2000 (latest version) vs F-16 (latest version also) vs Saab Gripen. The MiG-35 Russia is promoting looks similar to the current MiG-29, but with better AESA radar, 8 weapon hardpoints (compared to 6 on current MiG-29), thrust vector nozzle engine (2D), improved avionics wirth glass cockpit, slightly longer range that the current MiG-29 (which is not that long anyway), less smokey engines, advance attacking capability and more advance weapon systems. India hopes the new 'medium'weight fighters will complements its 'heavy'weight SU-30MKI and 'light'weight Teja (indegeniously designed and built by India).
AEROBATIC DISPLAYS-red arrows -thunderbirds :blink: -russian knights :blink: :blink: -Blue angel :blink: :blink: :blink: -RMAF aerobatic team-F-18-MiG-29N-Su-30MKMSTATIC DISPLAY(MILITARY)-Su-30MKM-MiG-VT290-Lockheed F-35-Boeing F-22A -Eurofighter typhoon-Rafale-BAE 146 ARA-Boeing F-15K-Hummingbird-Rosoboronexport-PCHELA-ISTATIC DISPLAY(COMMERCIAL)-A380-Boeing 777-Eurocopter-EC 135-Bomabardiersource:www.lima2007.comim seriously shocked by the list of planes attending LIMA this time around..F-22,JSF???and is MiG-VT290=MiG-29OVT??russian knights samo..let the drooling begin...
I'm sorry, but I find this very hard to believe. Especially the F-22, F-35, F-15K, Typhoon, and Rafale. The most advance fighter aircraft the US might send will be the FA18E/F. I hope I'm wrong though.

yeap..the F-22 and JSF is just too good to be true..but why wouldnt the rafale and typhoon come?yeap..read all about the

MiG-35..they really juiced everything out of that MiG-29 airframe eh...cant wait to see the OVTs doing their things!

btw..ive always read that glass cockpit wud make a pilots job a whole lot easier but can anyone explain why?and why does russian plane emmits lots of smoke?i thought there are ways to reduce this since its a big disadvntage in aerial combat..

According to the official LIMA 2007 website, the Red Arrows will be making an appearance in Kuala Lumpur before LIMA 2007 kicks-off in Langkawi. You guys can look it up under the 'official programme' link on the website. Information taken from the website:-

Date - 29th November 2007 (Thursday)

Programme - "Special appearance of RAF Red Arrows in Kuala Lumpur"

Venue - Subang / KL / Putrajaya

I wonder if they are going to put on a full aerobatic display like they did in SZB (just before LIMA 2003). I can't imagine them executing all those risky maneuvers over KL. Maybe they'll do a series of flybys over KL. What do you guys think?

It cost money and resources to take part in air show. When Air Force (e.g. RAF or USAF) take part in foreign air show, it is either sponsored by suppliers (e.g. aircraft and engine manufacturer) or supported by States Department (to improve foreign and public relationship).

The Malaysian government military procurement policy is inclining toward the Russia and only SeaKing replacement procurement is in pipeline. We can expect to see various helicopters and Russian aircrafts on display this year.

USN and USAF may send A/F-18 Super Hornet, P-3 Orion, C-130 and KC-135 to Lima ‘07.

RAF Red Arrows foreign tour is sponsored partially by BAe, so whether Red Arrows will be displayed in KL will depend on potential order from RMAF.

:drinks:

Malaysia is not a close ally of the US and RMAF won’t be buying, it is unlikely that F-117A, F-22 or F-35 will be displayed at Lima 07.

:drinks:

Malaysia is never an ally of US,were are only friendly,but SIN is.Not all country is cleared to buy any advance military hardwares from US without US Congress approval,all military procurement is on a G to G basis and via FMS (Foreign Military Sales),so no hanky panky deals,besides LIMA is a small airshow in Asia as compared to AsianAerospace(HongKong) or Avalon aerospace show(Australia).Unlike European country defence procurement,there is always a political agenda attached to any weapons purchase from USA.

any group trip organise by MW? might be there on official trip...

what i would love to see at lima would be SAAB JAS39 Gripen and either the concord or the concordski

what i would love to see at lima would be SAAB JAS39 Gripen and either the concord or the concordski

Razlan,

You'll just LOVE the Gripen...both the Czech- and Hungarian as well as the Royal Swedish AF operate this stunning aircraft...check www.scramble.nl for some nice pictures :pardon:

Razlan,

You'll just LOVE the Gripen...both the Czech- and Hungarian as well as the Royal Swedish AF operate this stunning aircraft...check www.scramble.nl for some nice pictures :pardon:

thanks for the link, uncle

any group trip organise by MW? might be there on official trip...

AK Charter Flight.. with all AK 'Flower Pot' on board.. GaggagagGa... Dreaming~!! Dreaming~!!

..... all military procurement is on a G to G basis and via FMS (Foreign Military Sales),so no hanky panky deals, .....

How certain are you ?! :)

has the gripen and rafale confirmed its appearance at LIMA this time around?(droool..)

erm..offtopic awhile..can anyone explain to me whats the difference between the 2 russian aircraft manufacturers IAPO and KnaaPO?and whats the difference between them and the sukhoi company itself?doesnt sukhoi manufacture planes as well?

they are all basically building the same aircraft right?so why break into 3 different companies?izzit sumthing like kia and naza in malaysia?

How certain are you ?! :)

I am very certain of it.Have worked before in Ministry of Defence.Have friends who were involved in the procurement projects such as Hawk 200/100,F/A-18D,Mig-29 and also Su-30 MKM.I wont quote anything before doing any research.That not only covers procurement for the RMAF but also RMN and Army.

erm..offtopic awhile..can anyone explain to me whats the difference between the 2 russian aircraft manufacturers IAPO and KnaaPO?and whats the difference between them and the sukhoi company itself?doesnt sukhoi manufacture planes as well?

they are all basically building the same aircraft right?so why break into 3 different companies?izzit sumthing like kia and naza in malaysia?

I think Sukhoi Design Bureau, well they design (now known as Sukhoi Corporation).

IAPO and KnaaPO, builds the aircraft at different manufacturing facilities.

IAPO makes the Su30 for India and Malaysia.

KnaaPO make them for China, Venezeula and Indonesia.

Maybe this is a survival strategy by the Russian.

I think Sukhoi Design Bureau, well they design (now known as Sukhoi Corporation).

IAPO and KnaaPO, builds the aircraft at different manufacturing facilities.

IAPO makes the Su30 for India and Malaysia.

KnaaPO make them for China, Venezeula and Indonesia.

Maybe this is a survival strategy by the Russian.

but IAPO and KnaaPO are known to include slight modifications to the sukhois themselves..how come it is allowed by the sukhoi design bureau?wouldnt this affect the quality of the planes?and how does it help in terms of survivability?

so IAPO and KnaaPO are under the sukhoi design bureau or are they independant companies?

I am very certain of it ..... I wont quote anything before doing any research

Very heartening to know G to G dealings are spick and span. And from inside info as well I gather :good: :)

Anyone is planned to go ? I called a few hotels to check out the price for that period, the charges were way out of my budget. I plan to drive there and come back the same day. I never been LIMA before and so I hope it will brings good memories to me. I saw the website that A380 is coming :blink: A380 can land at WMKL ?

I'm going on the 8th just for a day trip because hotels are imposing cut-throat rates.

By the way, to anyone else going by air, fly Air Asia to LGK! They now have 7 flights daily, on brand new planes.

Finally manage to get a gang of friends to go with me in one car. Going to stay one night there, the cheapest I can get so far is Rm280 per night :blink: I want to take photo with A380 like Sneeze's avatar :p

Sign in to follow this