MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

"A Winning Leadership" by Idris Jala

web2ft7.png

web2ft7.th.png

Hey guys, for the first time ever, Mr. Idris Jala is expected to give a talk at a college/university. This event is a closed event (not opened to outsiders) but, as the Organising Chairman, I have decided to invite MalaysianWings members to attend it. However, I can only allocate 5 seats due to constrain of seats availability. Idris is expected to talk about :
  • His personal life (growing up from a small village right up to where he is today)
  • Identifying, developing and rewarding talents in an organisation
  • His experience, problems and efforts in turning around and transforming from the time he took over the MAS
  • The future of MAS...a different organisation from what it is today
  • Leadership skills and what makes " A Winning Leadership "

Since Mr. Idris has only given speeches in Investors Conferences and other corporate functions, this event is expected to give its attendees a different view of the man himself, and his methods of leading an organisation. The date and time is as stated in the 'poster', so please contact me as soon as possible if you require further information or you would like to confirm your seat.

Personally, I believe its a good oppurtunity for MW members, especially in the Q and A session since a lot of us here have amazing opinions about what MAS does.. :p

Haha, not big time taiko lar...just had the idea of organizing it so thought why not go ahead and do it..of coz you have a pass Gavin, after all you are the MW MEMBER NO. 1...bigger taiko than me!

wish i can be there but i'm off back in hometown by the time then. BTW, his position should be MD right ISO C.E.O?

wish i can be there but i'm off back in hometown by the time then. BTW, his position should be MD right ISO C.E.O?

Same same la. As long as it means "Boss". :rofl:

No, seriously, MD=CEO in terms of role. Just a different name. Salary-wise, don't know. :p

Same same la. As long as it means "Boss". :rofl:

No, seriously, MD=CEO in terms of role. Just a different name. Salary-wise, don't know. :p

ya i understand that they play the same role, just a small advice that we should get the name and position correct at the first place, some people might not happy with that ( happened to one of the activity i organized in the college, getting the wrong position for the Directors and ended up screwed by Officers :p )

:drinks:

Thanx for the concern guys but Mr. Idris had personally stated his position as CEO/Managing Director. Therefore, we decided to use the term CEO for promotional purposes

Guys, i need your help.

You see, before the event starts i am planning to play this video and slide show on the projecter screen for the audience. The slide show is fine, because I can make it on my own but I need a video and I am not able to make it on my own. So, anyone with any ideas or videos which you would like me to play before the event starts, please feel free to contribute. I would really appreciate it. Even videos of FLIGHTSIM is fine...anything with a background music or something like what Edwin produced for MW.com's anniversary...anything like that would be great.

Thanx in advance guys...

Please try your best to get Mr Jala to sign up and participate here at MW - if not already that is !

Talk about getting first hand news if he does. I suppose Datuk TF would then be obligated to come on board too. If this happens, we've got it made !! :rolleyes:

Please try your best to get Mr Jala to sign up and participate here at MW - if not already that is !

Talk about getting first hand news if he does. I suppose Datuk TF would then be obligated to come on board too. If this happens, we've got it made !! :rolleyes:

Whoa~!!! Awesome then! :yahoo:

Anyway, back to Sanjay's video. Perhaps could do a video (moving slides??) related to MAS' history- from past to present? :pardon:

Whoa~!!! Awesome then! :yahoo:

Anyway, back to Sanjay's video. Perhaps could do a video (moving slides??) related to MAS' history- from past to present? :pardon:

Haha...I am thinking of doing so too... you never know he might consider it.

By the way its a perfect idea Tony, I was thinking of a MAS' history presentation as well, do you think you could help me?

Sanjay,

I have iMovie on my computer at work, but I'm leaving soon, so be quick. :) Otherwise, anyone else have better softwares for movie/clip production?

Is this talk more towards Malaysia Airlines or more towards the personal life and experience of Mr Idris?

I mean surely if its towards MH it would be wise to do a video with MH's history and legacy, but if otherwise?

Hmmm...if otherwise...show the youtube video of Encik Idris jamming up the saxophone? :good:

No guys its more about MAS ...trust me thats what the crowd wants so Mr. Idris would be concentrating on that.

Tony, can you do it for me please? I mean i am not really good in these stuff so i would really need you to do it for me. Do you think thats possible? Just a compilation of MAS from the past to present. Since you're the only one who seems to be wanting to assist me, maybe we should just get it done. I could assist you in any way that you require me to..juz let me know.. thanx bro!

it depends Walter, what are you good at? Anything would be a great help...or even if you could get some old pics of MH and give it to Tony it would be great.

Thank for your assistance Walter, i appreciate it!

Sanjay,

i will try to help. Will get back to you ASAP on the video.

If I don't make it , can someone ask him why is he taking so many cadet pilots and reducing the fleet size .

At the end what are they going to do after their training ....

He's going to end up wasting money sending these cadet's for training and not receive any returns at the end of the day

Thanx Brennan.

Gavin, you have to confirm your attendance one week b4 the event...coz i would need to prepare your invitation letter. Without it, you wont be allowed to enter the college premises. At least you can ask the qstns you want to then..

Sign in to follow this