MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Going with the Dutch Lady to the Champagne Region

Nice crew room! The last picture looks like a FS scenery!

What's the training session consist of? Do you fly to different airport to do touch n go for endorsement? Or is it including route qualification as well?

aahhh Pieter, what a wonderful dutch lady.

So shining...KLM Fokker 50 still going strong.

sadly MH Fokker is no more...

Enjoying so far. Keep the pics coming, Pieter!

Same as Imran, never touched a Fokker!! :cray:

Dank U Pieter! :clapping:

The Dutch lady looks great. It has been a long time since I flew on a F50. Miss it so much. However my favourite is still the F27. My first flight a passenger was on one and also later as a crew. I will never forget the sound of the Rolls-Royce Dart engines and huge windows. Miss it so much.

What's the training session consist of? Do you fly to different airport to do touch n go for endorsement? Or is it including route qualification as well?

Guys,

Good to hear you all like the 'story' sofar :D

Khaled,

This was 'captaincy training' for two guys switching from the right- to left-hand seat...however, all training sessions are done at this airport, as it's not allowed anymore in the Netherlands, for noise- and environmental issues :angry:

Route qualification will be done 'en-route' by so-called 'line-trainer' instructors, and not at this airport, as it's not a scheduled destination for KLC.

Let's continue with the flight back to AMS.

After a successful day, it's back to Schiphol; here, still climbing to 18000 feet

XCR04apr2007102.jpg

Engine instruments look like this during the cruise

XCR04apr2007103.jpg

The city of Cambrai and airport, as seen from 18000 feet, just in front of her shiny nose

XCR04apr2007105.jpg

Now, I suggest you to pick-up an (online) atlas and tell me which Dutch islands you'll see here :lol:

XCR04apr2007109.jpg

The harbours and the city of Rotterdam in the distance; can someone point me to the position of RTM airport ? :pardon:

XCR04apr2007113.jpg

The estuary of the 'Nieuwe Waterweg' or 'New Waterway' with the North-Sea, close to the city of Hook-of-Holland, where a large Shell refinery is situated

XCR04apr2007115.jpg

The city of The Hague, where the coast has a nice bend

XCR04apr2007118.jpg

to be continued... ;)

Now, I suggest you to pick-up an (online) atlas and tell me which Dutch islands you'll see here :lol:

XCR04apr2007109.jpg

Umm...Zeeland, in general? :pardon:

Bravo Pieter!! :clapping: Your pictures are so good! The landing gear view reminds me when I was a kid flying MH F27 out of Terengganu. By the way, can i have that blue thing arounf your neck? :pardon:

XCR04apr2007109.jpg

Tony,

Guess you're right :lol:

From bottom to top:

Zeeuws-Vlaanderen with the city of Terneuzen west of the canal

Zuid-Beveland

Tholen and left of it, Schouwen-Duiveland

Overflakkee

from bottom to top it's about 60-70 miles: weather was extremely clear that day :yahoo:

I saw something special again....There's a foot rest pedal for both pilots! :blink: Just like the airbus...hmmm...

Yes, F50's are pretty well equiped, yet, pilots sometimes still complain about them (esp. when autopilot u/s) :angry:

Will post last installment tonight (Dutch local time); hope you'll love it sofar ;)

Wow, one word to desribe KLM F50 trip :drinks:

Love to see rare part of aviation, crew lounge, tower etc.

Those pix are simply marvelous, I can feel like flying her by viewing this and hope to fly this baby soon! :good:

More plz :D

Edited by Seth K

Good to hear you've enjoyed it sofar, Seth; the Fokker F50 is, indeed, an awesome aircraft :good:

So, for the flightsimmers and others interested in the routing sofar, here is some information:

Left Belgium via the DENUT point and proceeded from there to Haamstede/HSD 114.15, River 1A arrival, to CH 388.5 for ILS approach 06, as witnessed below:

Passing slightly to the East of the now disused Naval Base of Valkenburg (sorry for the reflection of the captain's shirt :sorry: )

XCR04apr2007121.jpg

Runway 06 in sight, with the A4 highway below (Amsterdam-The Hague/Rotterdam)

XCR04apr2007128.jpg

Cleared to land on runway 06, the wind 020/15 (skyscrapers at the other end is Amsterdam-Amstel area)

XCR04apr2007130.jpg

Short final 06, with the spotter's parking (see parked cars) and South-cargo on the right-hand sight (remember LeeCH ?)

XCR04apr2007131.jpg

Gibby, here's your previously mentioned AN-124 of ADB registered UR-82073 (ex PER ?)

XCR04apr2007132.jpg

Seconds before touch-down on 06

XCR04apr2007133.jpg

As the next commercial flight was scheduled to go to LCY, we'd to park at D56 (gate), i.s.o. the B-platform :yahoo:

XCR04apr2007134.jpg

This was a complete photo-report of a KLM cityhopper Fokker 50 training session; hope, you've enjoyed it, like I did :pardon:

Thoroughly enjoyed it, Pieter. Thanks for the "fly-through" in the F50. It's like...being there in person! :pardon: :lol:

Thank you so much for the photo-report of F50 test flight, Pieter :clapping:

I really enjoyed it... :rolleyes:

And as you did as I know that "captain-grin" on the left-seat..heheh

great picture from your D50, Pieter :good: and what a nice report ! Now i want to hop on Firefly to try Fokker 50 ;)

Glad you liked it, guys: nothing beats a jump-seat ride, especially when the weather is also cooperative :yahoo:

Glad you liked it, guys: nothing beats a jump-seat ride, especially when the weather is also cooperative :yahoo:

.....especially when you don't have to pay for it. :drinks:

Pieter, the south cargo apron "car park"...are they still open? I heard someone mentioned that it will close due to some expansion works at the south Cargo apron??

Pieter, the south cargo apron "car park"...are they still open? I heard someone mentioned that it will close due to some expansion works at the south Cargo apron??

TK,

The "spotter's" car-park next to runway 06-24 is still open at present, however, it will close in about 2-3 month's time :angry:

SPL have demolished an old church already and a few houses along that stretch of road and all trees are being cut at present...

you've to be real quick to enjoy this spot, TK :blink:

Yes TK, must cepat cepat. Fast leg fast hands go there. Was with Pieter the great clicking away on a cold morning a couple of weeks back. LuchVart also waiting for your credit card.

Yes Pieter, how can I forget Runway 06 and the spotting spot. AMS and Runway 06 will hold a special place in my heart. First European sector that I get to manually fly in. And a pretty challenging approach from PAM VOR. And so many thanks for the wonderful Dutch Lady trip here. I enjoyed it and I am sure you even enjoyed it even more. Reminds me of my Learjet 45A days. Doing 30 T&G. Fun!

Folks, MSA 25nm SPL VOR is 1,700 feet with only a small section on the pie in the south eastern sector going up to 2,300 feet.

Wonderful joyride trip you have there Pieter!!!

Thanks for the nice story and pictures.