XCR/04apr2007 (Chalons-en-Champagne/FR):

Z-ARL DC10-30F Avial

PH-KVK F50 KLC (n/c)

N384C SR22 --

F-BTDH 743 (wfu; being scrapped)

F-BTDG 743 (wfu; being scrapped)

Hope to show you some Dutch Lady shots this weekend

Guys & Gals,

Had a chance to fly along on a training-session, last wednesday 04apr07, on board the Dutch Lady:

Here she is, proudly showing her shiny nose after coming straight from the hangar after an A1-check:

XCR04apr2007002.jpg

Welcome on board KAY EL EM seven-three-three-niner, Papa Hotel Kilo Victor Kilo :pardon:

Which interior do you prefer ? Firefly(z) or Cityhopper :huh: :

XCR04apr2007004.jpg

Engine instruments before start-up:

XCR04apr2007006.jpg

Overhead panel:

XCR04apr2007007.jpg

Radio panel:

XCR04apr2007010.jpg

Rear Galley:

XCR04apr2007013.jpg

Cabin Attendant's seat:

XCR04apr2007014.jpg

to be continued :lol:

Thanks for sharing, love all the F50 shots Pieter although the color scheme for the seat cover is a bit dark like AirAsia. (hmm maybe I get used to MH seat covers) But I can see FAX will use dark scheme too one day if F50 stay with them in a long run.

Keep the Dutch F50 comin' here :) *drools* OHH and show some main gears, 6 blades and tails Pleaaassseeee~~~ :p

I wonder if F50 are easy to get in storage and deserts these days.... or are they as valuable and wanted as F70.

Edited by Adrian M

Nice nose picture of the F50, Pieter :good:

So shiny after coming out of the hangar :D

From the pics, I prefer CityHopper's interior, Firefly's a bit distracting (the seats). B)

The cabin looks newer too! Thanks uncle for sharing! Hehe... Btw, the nose really shined! I think I can see some cloud reflecting?

Keep the Dutch F50 comin' here :) *drools* OHH and show some main gears, 6 blades and tails Pleaaassseeee~~~ :p

I wonder if F50 are easy to get in storage and deserts these days.... or are they as valuable and wanted as F70.

Think, the F70/F100 are more wanted, as they're jets, although a few F50's were delivered recently to Australia, right Gibby ?

Btw, the nose really shined! I think I can see some cloud reflecting?

thanks a lot for the pix, Pieter. the F50 really very shiny!!! did they wax/polish the F50? :rofl: <_>

Indeed, clouds are reflected on her shiny body :blink:

This, because Victor Kilo had only been re-painted into the new KLM colours just recently ;)

OK, let's continue with our trip:

Departure procedures were placed before start-up and taxying out to the runway:

As you can see, we were quite light with 102VR and a Lekko2W departure from 36C; temperature was 'only' 7 degrees :huh:

XCR04apr2007016.jpg

Fellow Dutch Ladies were also waiting for start-up to Luxembourg and Cologne, respectively:

XCR04apr2007017.jpg

Cleared for take-off, runway 36C, wind 020/10 Lekko two-whisky departure:

XCR04apr2007023.jpg

Right turn out (nice angle of turn) with a view of Amsterdam down below:

XCR04apr2007025.jpg

While still in the right turn (from North to South) we were able to see the technical area of Schiphol; here Hangar 14 with two resident 747's in front (N190UA of BlueSky and JY-AUB ex Universal) and a glistering roof on Hangar 9:

XCR04apr2007027.jpg

Nice overall overview of Schiphol airport; note the Hibiscus in the central right position of the picture, waiting for her departure to KUL as MH017; our departure runway (36C) is also shown:

XCR04apr2007028.jpg

Leisurely cruising at 19000 feet towards the champagne region:

XCR04apr2007030.jpg

Passing well to the west of Brussels; here you can see the airport of BRU in the distance:

XCR04apr2007038.jpg

to be continued :lol:

Very nice jumpseat ride indeed Pieter! Can't wait for your upcoming pics :)

Pieter, I see a little diagram that looks like a pie chart on the Take-Off Data sheet. Any idea what that is?

very beautiful and shinning fokker pieter :) and do please show us more too

Edited by Edwin Yii

Guys,

Thrilled to notice, you've all like the 'trip' sofar :D

Please, check this topic often this Easter-weekend, as 60+ pictures in total will be shared with you ;)

Tony,

AFAIK, it's the minimum altitude in feet in case of an engine-failure, based on the SPL-VOR (most is 1700 feet, with the small piece of cake at 2300 feet). Maybe, the pilot-members here at MW can confirm this ? :help:

So, let's continue with the training-flight to XCR :pardon:

Here are the first-officer's instruments; 200 knots, 179 for the heading and 19020 feet as for the altitude on 1013HPa/29.92inches:

XCR04apr2007039.jpg

And here's the routing; take special notice of the wind-direction and -speed, giving a fantastic true airspeed and groundspeed :o :

XCR04apr2007040.jpg

When on auto-pilot, it's a very relaxing job :) See this general overview:

XCR04apr2007041.jpg

The captain is preparing for the descend and is 'fiddling' with the FMS (direct routing to Dikol):

XCR04apr2007044.jpg

Tailview from the cabin: do you see the Dutch flag and the registration ? :huh:

XCR04apr2007045.jpg

Seat-pitch of the KLM cityhopper Fokker 50 ain't bad, lor ? :nea:

XCR04apr2007046.jpg

to be continued... :lol:

Seat-pitch of the KLM cityhopper Fokker 50 ain't bad, lor ? :nea:

XCR04apr2007046.jpg

Not bad at all, Pieter! :lol:

Edited by Tony

I SEE HIBBY IN THAT SCHIPHOL OVERVIEW shot.. ( i think )

sorry too excited.. great shiny plane Pieter, looks brand new to me!!

I SEE HIBBY IN THAT SCHIPHOL OVERVIEW shot.. ( i think )

Walter,

You're absolutely right: as captioned, it's 9M-MPD waiting to operate as MH017; that's quite an interesting picture, actually, now try to locate the Georgian 737, Armavia 320, Great Wall 744F, Air Astana 757, the Asian carriers (SQ, BR and CI) as well as 6x 330's of NW :yahoo:

Guys,

We're almost there, as seen in the 1st picture below:

Gear down:

XCR04apr2007048.jpg

Flaps down to 25 degrees:

XCR04apr2007050.jpg

And with a stiff cross-wind with gusts up to 31 degrees, it was a firm touch-down:

XCR04apr2007052.jpg

First surprise visitor was this nice looking Diesel-10 from Zimbabwe, Z-ARL, similar to the one some you you spotted a few weeks ago at KUL, if I'm not mistaken:

XCR04apr2007058.jpg

XCR04apr2007054.jpg

Than, it was off again for 14 touch-n-go's and passed these sad looking (ex AF) 747's:

F-BTDH:

XCR04apr2007060.jpg

and "Beluga" F-BTDG; note the cockpit-section in front of the aircraft - anyone interested for a real simulator at home ? :pardon:

XCR04apr2007061.jpg

to be continued... :)

And with a stiff cross-wind with gusts up to 31 degrees, it was a firm touch-down:

XCR04apr2007052.jpg

Awesome shot!! :clapping: You can never take this kind of shot with the commercial jets, can you? <_>

Glad you like it sofar, Khaled ;)

Here are some more pictures for you, guys, to enjoy:

Lining up runway 10 for another 14 series of approaches:

XCR04apr2007062.jpg

Nice shadow of our Dutch Lady in the fields, close to Chalons-en-Champagne:

XCR04apr2007066.jpg

Vatry used to be an old French AFB, as still noticeable by these reventments and derelict hangar:

XCR04apr2007073.jpg

But has now been rebuilt into a most modern cargo airport with a passenger terminal almost finished (for Ryanair ?):

XCR04apr2007076.jpg

During the crew-swap, I was able to make some more different angles of the Lady:

XCR04apr2007078.jpg

how do you like her nose?

XCR04apr2007079.jpg

But has now been rebuilt into a most modern cargo airport with a passenger terminal almost finished (for Ryanair ?):

XCR04apr2007076.jpg

looks like Herpa airport set series... :p anyway, thanks for sharing... i like them very much... :)

can't wait for the next series to come in. Good Job Pieter :good: I enjoyed every single pic just like you enjoyed the trip :p

Glad you like it sofar, Khaled ;)

Here are some more pictures for you, guys, to enjoy:

how do you like her nose?

XCR04apr2007079.jpg

Good coverage Pieter for this shiny Dutch Lady.

Pieter, you left your bag...... :p

Edited by Chaity

Pieter, you left your bag...... :p

Eagle's eyes, Chaity, as it has camouflage colours :sorry:

Anyhow, before retreating to the crew-room at the airport for some 'R&R', I was able to make some more shots of the F50 cockpit from a different angle:

Captain's panel:

XCR04apr2007080.jpg

First-Officer's panel:

XCR04apr2007081.jpg

Instruments & captain's panel(s):

XCR04apr2007082.jpg

From the First-Officer's seat, it looks like this:

XCR04apr2007083.jpg

Yours truly in the captain's seat, looking very satisfied to be able to join this training-session:

XCR04apr2007098.jpg

Than, it was off to the crew-room inside the Terminal, with free Internet access and was able to check the MW-website :yahoo:

Check also the nice Philips flatscreen TV !

XCR04apr2007084.jpg

to be continued... :D

Remarkable photos bro. Really envy you (in a good way :pardon: ) for being able to be in a Fokker 50 fo 13 TOUCH and GO's! I haven't even touched a Fokker :(

Once again...glad you enjoyed yourself! :drinks:

After 'fiddling' with the Internet for about 15 minutes, the operations-guy approached us and asked if we were interested in a Tower visit :yahoo:

Here you'll see the two young controlers 'handling' the KAY EL EM VICTOR KILO :lol:

XCR04apr2007087.jpg

General overview of the Tower, with 'my' friendly F50-instructor at the right hand side, checking the F50 approach :pardon:

XCR04apr2007091.jpg

This is how the two 747's and Diesel-10 look like from the Tower:

XCR04apr2007086.jpg

XCR04apr2007088.jpg

A nice looking area-chart and a really nice touch-down picture of a regular, according the controllers, was also on display; the big 'yellow' city to the left of the chart is Paris:

XCR04apr2007094.jpg

After about 20 minutes, we thanked the controllers for their hospitality and went back to our Dutch Lady for the return to Amsterdam-Schiphol:

XCR04apr2007097.jpg

We were cleared for a Dikol left-departure, as shown in this shot right after take-off; note: the airport is really in "the middle of nowhere" with only large agricultural fields in the neigbourhood of the airport (= excellent for training, as no noise restictions)

XCR04apr2007099.jpg

to be continued... :pardon: