MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Ong

RMAF Acquired 4 Airbus A400M Atlas

A400M center fuselage unveiled:

First Centre Wing box delivered for A400M final assembly

29 March 2007

The first centre wing box, the 'structural heart' of the A400M military transport aircraft, has been delivered from the Airbus Nantes site in France to Seville in Spain, where it arrived yesterday, Wednesday 28th March. Deliveries of major structural sections for the first A400M military transport aircraft to the final assembly line in Seville, Spain, started at the end of 2006.

An advanced composite structure, the centre wing box connects to the outer wing sections as well as being the component that connects the wings to the fuselage. In addition, the centre wing box is one of the fuel tanks of the A400M aircraft.

This particular part of the aircraft structure is capable of absorbing forces of over 200 tonnes which can be encountered during different phases of flight. In addition, significant weight savings have been achieved through 50 per cent of the centre wing box being produced from carbon fibre composite components.

Four centre wing box structures are currently in production in the dedicated facility at the Airbus plant in Nantes, France.

Charles Paterson, Head of the A400M Wing Team said: "This is a huge milestone for the programme. The Centre Wing box team has done a first class job producing this component complete and on time".

Firm orders for A400M now stand at 192 aircraft (180 aircraft in the original order for seven European NATO nations through OCCAR i.e. 60 for Germany; 50 for France; 27 for Spain; 25 for the UK; ten for Turkey; seven for Belgium and one for Luxembourg; plus 12 aircraft ordered by two further customers, i.e. eight aircraft for South Africa and four for Malaysia).

media_object_image_120x120_pr_a400m_cent

Now that Airbus has finally rolled out the A400M, when would TUDM gets its aircraft that were ordered quite a while back? (Was it somehow packaged with the A380?)

waaa...never heart it before..our air force purchase this a/c???somebody to answer it?? :help: :help: :help:

M'sia is the only Asian country that have ordered the A400M which will add heavy lift capability to TUDM. M'sia ordered 4, but with the earlier delays to the programme, I wonder when TUDM will get its birds?

Here is the photo of the first A400M from a.net.. it looks lil bit like a C-17 fitted with fans..

A400M PHOTO

Edited by MIR

Now i remember Malaysia Government purchase long time ago..Thank MIR for the picture..Yes it look like C-17..with the Malaysia flag fuselage..any idea when Airbus A400M will make 1st delivery to malaysia..can't wait to spot it soon.. :clapping:

Here is the photo of the first A400M from a.net.. it looks lil bit like a C-17 fitted with fans..

A400M PHOTO

Hah! Today's TOP 5 and Photog's Choice on A.net!

Fat banana? :D

well , i just got to know now :sorry: :D ...... anyway , so nice to c malaysia flag is among those on the aircraft.....

i just love those curved propellers on the A-400..will definitely complement the current fleet of C-130s we are having..it looks bigger as well..

some parts and companents of A400M are producing in TAI(Turkish Aircraft Industrie) ,Turkey.

Awesome bro..thx MIR share the picture..that nice to see the laughing ceremony..any idea where the event took place??who attend the event as represent Malaysia Government??can't wait this aircraft with TUDM scheme soon.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I remembered on the artical about this A400M few years ago... the cockpit really look like A340 (illustration).. But i think in real, it must be more advance since it is used for millitary..

Edited by E Faizal

wow.. nice Military addition to the RMAF fleet in the far future.. but the blades of the C130J is far more pleasing to the eye.. this one looks exageratedly fat and ugly.. :pardon:

Awesome! Looks like RMAF is the first Asian Armed Forces to be one of the A400 launch operators! :clapping:

And also the 2nd OIC member to use it (alongside with Turkey).

Kudos to Airbus Military for the A400 launch :drinks:

wow.. nice Military addition to the RMAF fleet in the far future.. but the blades of the C130J is far more pleasing to the eye.. this one looks exageratedly fat and ugly.. :pardon:

Vibration levels very high on the C130J,thats one of the reason why RAAF bought the C17s.(Told by RAAF C130J crew from no.37 Sqn)