MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Amazing

This is the scene at SBW this afternoon.

I arrived from KUL and parked at Bay 2. (Aerobridge is at bay 2 and 3). Then a F50 comes in and parked at bay 4.

2 more aircraft was doing approach, both from KCH.

Amazing landed. To my surprise, it parked in front of bay 3, therefore blocking access to the aerobridge. The MAS personnel protests to the AK guys but to no avail.

MH 2266 had to wait for about 10 minutes. Then the FAX F50 taxi out, and the MH B737 had to park at bay 4 and had to use stairs.

MHAKSBW.jpg

The ATC somehow has no control of the parking position of aircraft. But I think everybody should be more attentive to the requirement of others.

If you don't want to use the aerobridge, then don't block access to it. Selfish....

(BTW, I'm not criticizing the pilots. It is the one who marshall the aircraft in, or whoever was doing the bay allocation)

Edited by Radzi

Why is AMAZING parked there in the first place (just want to know)? :help:

Interesting :blink: . I wonder who assigns the parking bay...if it is not ATC, then is bay assignment planned by Apron or Ramp control, or is it MAB??

Not doing a good job at all to maximize the use of resources in the situation that you described.

I thought usually ground controller assigns a/c to where they should park?? <_ some communication fault between a and ground>

Does airport that small has ground controller, I think all control by ATC.......but yeah, AK shouldn't even park near the gate, saw that in PEN before, they should be isolate from the aerobridge since they dun want it.................either way, bad planning =@

Does sound pretty "common sense" to me - only park in front of the bridge if you want to use it!

Very inconsiderate indeed.

Parking stand is assigned by MAB.

‘AK Amazing’ may has delayed, park at its pre-assigned position and over its block time. Hence, obstructed MH2266.

Believe MAB is to blame not AK.

:drinks:

Captain this is normal for me back in Yangon last time. The Fokkers and ATRs just parked wherever they like and things get even complicated when push back facility is minimal.

Guest Fendy

wah i thought only drivers park inconsiderately, planes also same! this is like parking blocking the gate to someone's house. malaysia semua pun boleh woh! :blink: :blink:

Guest Fendy
Thats truly amazing .

But showing good airmanship

the ak shud've just moved .

move = takes time. time = takes money. <_<

Parking stand is assigned by MAB.

‘AK Amazing’ may has delayed, park at its pre-assigned position and over its block time. Hence, obstructed MH2266.

Believe MAB is to blame not AK.

:drinks:

The MH was slightly delayed. The AK was on time.

MAB should have better control of the parking position.

The MH was slightly delayed. The AK was on time.

MAB should have better control of the parking position.

Know what, My MH flight was delayed by almost an hour , but my father's AK flight was definitely right on time... <_ an reverse situation huh...>

wah i thought only drivers park inconsiderately, planes also same! this is like parking blocking the gate to someone's house. malaysia semua pun boleh woh! :blink: :blink:

Can the plane be issued summon for illegal parking ??

Guest Levent

Is the AK aircraft actually standing on a parking bay or did they just decide to plant her there?

I thought I would see this in roads only hmmm... can even see it in Airports tarmac... lol truly amazing.

But the funny thing AK always parks near the aerobridges am I not right even in KCH they will park at the aerobridge... am I not correct Captain?

But sometimes they will park at the Remote stand in KCH, again am I right captain?. Dunno why like this...

this situation remind me when I was a frequent traveler at PUDURAYA BUS STATION...!!!

Just hope that these two company will not 'run and overtake' each other at the sky ..

I thought I would see this in roads only hmmm... can even see it in Airports tarmac... lol truly amazing.

But the funny thing AK always parks near the aerobridges am I not right even in KCH they will park at the aerobridge... am I not correct Captain?

But sometimes they will park at the Remote stand in KCH, again am I right captain?. Dunno why like this...

Edwin,... in kuching, got ground controller incharge on which a/c should park where and where... for now in kch gate 1 under maintenance on the ground so usually ak a/c parks remote bay 1&2 and gate 2 or 3.. these bays and gates are utilised by ak, but eventhough parked at gate 2 and 3, they dont use aerobridge..

In SBU, maybe no ground controller, so a/c just choose himself maybe that one really no idea,... :pardon:

And I thought Malaysian mentality is only on our roads, eh? It's what I call double parking...

Sign in to follow this