MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Prashant K

Do Airlines in Asia reconigze a JAA licemse?

I made an enqiry with the oxford aviation school and they said the chances of getting a job in the EU for a non-EU citizen is very low because they said "Your chances of employment in Europe are low unless you have the right to immigrate. An airline cannot simply employ you because you have JAR ratings, nor can they assist you obtaining a work permit". So is the JAA license reconigzed in asia? Otherwise it be totaaly pointless going there to get a license right?

JAA license is recognized worldwide bro...though some countries tend to be quite picky...and would want you to sit for their own set of exams.

JAA license is recognized worldwide bro...though some countries tend to be quite picky...and would want you to sit for their own set of exams.

Reconigzed in Malaysia as well?

i reckon its better tat u asked DCA on this enquiry and be sure tat they recognised the school u're going to :)

i reckon its better tat u asked DCA on this enquiry and be sure tat they recognised the school u're going to :)

hehehehe......ive done it so many times neve got a single reply....thats why i aksed here

hehehehe......ive done it so many times neve got a single reply....thats why i aksed here

Then go a step further...and call them directly.

Malaysian DCA dont recognise any license from outside the country unless you do the conversion course. Chances of getting a job anywhere else is always low if you're an expat with no hours.

Malaysian DCA dont recognise any license from outside the country unless you do the conversion course. Chances of getting a job anywhere else is always low if you're an expat with no hours.

yah.

and the conversion fee will cost u arm and leg.

My answer is that they do but with a few conditions.

They will have to seat for a few papers before they can fly.

Papers like airlaw 1 and 2.

Call licensing department at 03-88714000.

My answer is that they do but with a few conditions.

They will have to seat for a few papers before they can fly.

Papers like airlaw 1 and 2.

Call licensing department at 03-88714000.

"They do" at a cost of 35 hours twin engine which probably around RM1700/hr.

"A few" papers meaning DCAT, ATPL, AIRLAW etc...

Sign in to follow this