MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Rozhan

Transaero in KLIA

I was at the MATTA Travel Fair yesterday evening and came across a Transaero booth. I got a copy of their brochure and destination map and it appears KUL is one of their planned destination, how soon I don't know. But with them taking up a booth, I suppose they want to market themselves in a big way for the impending service. They do operate into SIN already.

For those unfamiliar, Transaero is a Russian airline, and operates some Boeings as well.

its about time kul got a link to moscow...

we used to have flights to BRU, SOF, BEG, PRG, ZAG, MAD, AMM...its seems a lifetime ago now..

well....restarting KUL-SVO/DME links are a start!

Great !!!!

But it could also mean a code share service, which is good news!!!!!

I belive AEROFLOT used to fly the route, with many stops.

Doesn't TRANSAERO use a B767 into SIN ? Who are the pax ?

Business pax or tourist ?

biggrin.gif

Looking at A.net pics, they do operate B767 to SIN. There is business class on Transaero, with 2-2-2 seating on B767-200 and 2-1-2 seating on the B767-300. It will be great to have them here, creating a link with cities in Russia.

Another city it will launch services to in South East Asia will be Denpasar, and also Sydney and Melbourne in Australia.

Edited by Rozhan

aeroflot used to do once a week SVO-DXB-(?DEL)-KUL-SIN and once a week SVO-TAS-KUL or something like that in the 80s (with IL62). there were various routings used including KUL to Halim Perdana Kusuma airport in Jakarta...

then it was SVO-DXB-KUL-SYD with the A310s in the early 90s before the suspension of services

Transaero, on the other hand, have recently acquired B742 that they plan to use on their Asian expansion (glad to hear KUL is on the list!). they currently use 767s to SIN and TPE...

In September 1985, I flew on Aeroflot's Il-62M from SVO to KUL via Karachi. Perhaps they rotated their transit points during their years flying to KUL. Miss those classic Russian planes.

Transaero really looks like Air France: so you'll enjoy similar tails afterall tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

(no need for AF to start flying to KUL anymore) laugh.gif

Yes thats true !! Pieter, remember when I was trying to describe to you about this airline that had a similar looking tail to AF ?

However, is this news about Transaero flying into KUL for real or justa speculated rumour ?

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

If I am not mistaken, today will be the inaugral flight from DME and BKK for Transaero Airlines of Russia.

IT is scheduled to arrive at 1600hours at KLIA.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If I am not mistaken, today will be the inaugral flight from DME and BKK for Transaero Airlines of Russia.

IT is scheduled to arrive at 1600hours at KLIA.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

12312[/snapback]

So it's via BKK and not a nonstop flight from DME is it ?

Sing Yew,

Yes it is supposed to be a one stop via BKK.

There was a report that they may use a B742 also

besides the B763.

biggrin.gif

12423[/snapback]

yup.....think it was twice a week.....one via BKK, the other direct to KUL

MAS And Transaero Signs Agreement For KL-Moscow Flights

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 14 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines and Transaero Airlines will operate direct air services between Kuala Lumpur and Moscow through a code share arrangement effective January next year.

Through the partnership, Transaero Airlines will initially offer eight scheduled flights from Jan 2 till March 17 between Moscow Domodedovo Airport and KL International Airport using a 230-seater Boeing 767-300 aircraft.

The flights will be operated from Moscow on Jan 2, Jan 13, Jan 23, Feb 3, Feb 13, Feb 24, March 6 and March 17.

In future, the number of flights will increase, said a statement from Malaysia Airlines.

The agreement was signed between Malaysia Airlines Commercial Director Datuk Abdul Rashid Khan and Transaero Airlines Deputy Director General, Dmitry Stoliarov in Subang, Tuesday.

The statement said the outbound flight (UN551/MH9055) departs Moscow at 2100 hours and arrives in KLIA the next day at 1210 hours. The return flight departs KLIA at 1310 hours and arrives in Moscow at 1935 hours.

Malaysia Airlines will have direct access to the seat inventory of all Transaero flights between KLIA and Moscow, to be marketed using Malaysia Airlines' flight numbers MH9055 and MH9056, the statement said.

It said air tickets for the route is offered through Malaysia Airlines appointed general sales agent in Russia and ABDA Aviation Sdn Bhd, Transaero Airlines' general sales agent in Malaysia.

With the partnership, Transaero Airlines will strive to expand its international presence by leveraging on Malaysia Airlines' excellent network beyond Kuala Lumpur into Southeast Asia and Australia/New Zealand.

Likewise, Malaysia Airlines will provide vital and direct air link between Malaysia and Moscow through the code-share partnership as well as market interline travel between Moscow and other Russian cities, it said.

-- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_...s.php?id=229941

Looks alot like chartered flight, as said in another thread on this topic at Airliners.net http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...d.main/3096337/

Scheduled flight!! Good for spotters!

Anywaym glad that there is direct MosCow flight, incoming years we mihgt see some more direct flight to Moscow since Aeroflot comitted in this route a short while ago :good:

Good news for TransAero and for KUL spotters..

But i'm a little bit suprised by the decision by MAS to partner with TransAero and not Aeroflot - the latter of which is a Skyteam member who had announced intent to re-start services to KUL next year..

Also.. it's TransAero.... need I say more...

For MAS trying to brand itself as a premium 5 star carrier, you would think it's code-share partners would be of similar status.. I'm being very subjective here, I know - but please, anyone who HAS flown with them, let me know otherwise.

So much noise for what is essentially a scheduled charter service - 8 flights over a 3-month period?

Just who is MH trying to attract with such flights? It seems to be just groups of tourists but why the PR?

High-yielding and/or serious travellers would be better off with TG, SQ etc which offer regular services every week.

Also.. it's TransAero.... need I say more...

Please say more. I'm not familiar with that airline, although I've seen them in KUL.