MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jian Loh

A380 Superjumbo Makes 1st Flight To LAX

thank you so much jian, yuh loh and khor. i hope u enjoyed as much as we did when it came to KUL. no worries on the weather. at least you all could see it with your own eyes :clapping: . contrary to its arrival in KUL <_ at least it landed in lax during daytime. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_drinks.gif" alt=":drinks:">

Take a look for the video of BAD LANDING @ LAX

What's BAD about that ? :huh: Excellent rudder-work IMHO :good:

Only 2 reverse thrust deployed? Presumably 1 on each side. :o

No reverser on the outside engines, due possible FOD.

Heres some of my shots from the EAST COAST....

My favourite pose...with NYC skyline in back (sorry the haze was a bit much even in 25' F weather!)

FWWJB1rrc.jpg

Turning onto Rwy 04 Left for departure for media event (she did a flyby over NYC, flyover Rwy 13R and landed 04 R)

FWWJB2rrc.jpg

Rotated right in front of JFK Tower (used only 1/2 rwy)

FWWJBrrc-1.jpg

Clear skies but too bad we don't get warm KL weather for spotting(temp was 35'F but wind chill was about 20'!), heres the photog team that came out to see the beast on 21st

KJFKA380Photogs.jpg

Raj

Heres some of my shots from the EAST COAST....

My favourite pose...with NYC skyline in back (sorry the haze was a bit much even in 25' F weather!)

FWWJB1rrc.jpg

Raj

Wah!!! :yahoo: Great coverage from both East and West coast ... Thank you, Jian and Raj!! :good: :good:

Love that beast's shot with NYC skyline... Look at that wing span. :blink: Thanks again!

P/s: FOD = Foreign Object Damage. Stuffs could be sucked into the engine when it's too close to side of runway, and reverse thrust will stir up some these stuffs. I looked it up in Wiki. hehehe... :rolleyes:

Great coverage from East Coast.....nice shot Raj.....I thought you will showed up in LAX thou.... :angry:

Ready for Touch Down....

msianwings24.jpg

msianwings25.jpg

My lovely shot of the day....

msianwings26.jpg

msianwings27.jpg

TOUCH DOWN~~!! Aviation History for LAX

msianwings28.jpg

msianwings29.jpg

Very nice pictures!!! :D

Can you please tell me what is FOD? :pardon:

Foreign Object Damage or some people said Foreign Object Debrief

Thrust reverser will blow everything forward, and possibilities that object will suck back into the engines are high.

so, the outboard engine that are hanging outside the runway width i.e over the dirt, will remain idle..

Foreign Object Damage or some people said Foreign Object Debrief

Thrust reverser will blow everything forward, and possibilities that object will suck back into the engines are high.

so, the outboard engine that are hanging outside the runway width i.e over the dirt, will remain idle..

Thanks for the explanation! Herm... But if they use 4 of the reverser will have better result am I right?

So another OT question sorry... Their a340 family also have only 2 reserver?

Thanks for the explanation! Herm... But if they use 4 of the reverser will have better result am I right?

So another OT question sorry... Their a340 family also have only 2 reserver?

The aircraft has 4 reversers I think... only that during the roll out

only two were deployed to prevent FOD.. due to the physical condition

of the runway..

That's why currently Runway 2 (32L/14R) in KLIA closed for upgrading works

ie.. widening the shoulders so that the #1 & #4 engines will be over hard shoulders,

where the A380 can delploy all the reversers, when landing at full landing weight.

Raj C... I like the NY skyline pic.... great shot :good:

SEMPOI (Penang version of 'excellence') :clapping: coverage guys of the A380 visit to both side of the USA. But as others have said, where is MH logo?

If the crowd got that big (refer to LAX spotting) in Malaysia, the Police Federal Reserve Unit might be deployed, just in case. As there is a law in Malaysia which said that any crowd/gathering above 5 person needs police permit!

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Wow, all good photos, love them all! Raj looking at the distance between ur spot and the tower, I say u hv a really heavy lens :pardon:

Jian, i like the A380 photos from the back, the wing flex make this beast look muscular! :clapping:

If the crowd got that big (refer to LAX spotting) in Malaysia, the Police Federal Reserve Unit might be deployed, just in case. As there is a law in Malaysia which said that any crowd/gathering above 5 person needs police permit!

Absurd...

Hope you guys won't mind me hijacking this topic

A380 MSN007 at 24/Mar/2007 arriving HKG as LH8946/AIB201(FRA>HKG);leaving and arriving HKG as LH8948/AIB203 (HKG>HKG).

first apporach toward rwy07L

IMG_6722a.jpg

departing from 25L after shower and in mist

IMG_7024a.jpg

second apporach toward rwy25R

IMG_7129a.jpg

Just able to contribute with 3 pics

really poor weather during First landing and departing.

IMG_7129a.jpg

Thanks a lot for sharing, guys: MW had an excellent coverage again, whether from LAX, JFK or HKG :good: :yahoo:

Sneeze,

Look at the reflection of the wheels in the belly: fabulous :drinks:

Continue........................

9:45 a.m - A380 landed RWY25R, we rush to south terminal where the Qantas Cargo area for open ceremony.

9:55 a.m - Get in my car but have to wait for Q paying off parking fee.

10:10 a.m - Jian drove my car, and then I was checking my photos. Not bad at all.

10:15 a.m - Checking Jian photos, all good shots.

10:20 a.m - Arrive at Imperial Hill, parked the car then walk to Qantas Cargo for few shots.

1-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

10:50 a.m Drove 50 miles back to my company and worked

WOW :rolleyes: close up with Super Jumbo !!! :yahoo: Thanks for sharing guys!!!! :drinks:

Sneeze, I like Ur 1st photos!!! Good cacth buddy!!! :yahoo:

Edited by Andrew Yong

Short documentary about A380 from german to JFK...

This flight is operate by Lufthansa peoples... Steward... Stewardest..Their Food... including Co-Pilot... Kapitan from Lufthansa also..

Lucky for passengger for that day, where all being upgrade to new big momma... supprise A380