MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Sneeze,

You did not tell me anything about 40D when we met 2 weeks ago....................

I did mentioned, but not fully discussed, kakaka :sorry:

I was at the airport for 3 hours, but only 5-6 aircrafts were kept in the CF <_>

I am still not yet established a good relationship with my 40D yet :pardon:

Congrats Sneeze Lam, new toy for christmas and show us more what this toy can do, OK ? :drinks: :drinks:

Unfortunately, your stuck with 763's for the time being, however there is talk in the pipeline that if demand increases then 744's will be put on the route.

Sneeze, sending from ICN.

How was Korea, Sneeze ? Nice spotting there ?

Still missing your trip-reports on Asiana: looking forward to this, as would like to know how OZ service is :pardon:

How was Korea, Sneeze ? Nice spotting there ?

Still missing your trip-reports on Asiana: looking forward to this, as would like to know how OZ service is :pardon:

My trip there was nice, at least I learned the basic skill for skiing.

Spotting there was fun, but I felt crazy myself.....why? Cause under the guide with 3 Seoul based spotters, we were spotting under -5'c temperature with 10+ kts winds. With my poor skill additional with the cold weather I have never had. So, my hands were shaking heavily, in a result, I have got most of the take off/ landing shots failed.

You know, it is always true that "no pain no gain", with the "pain" of cold weather, I gained with AN12, IL96, TU (forgotten) from Russia. Last but not least, don't know who's luck (my korean guides/ me?) brought the approach of 9V-SRE, B-27013(Taiwan F.A.T red Adv. painted), A6-ECE(Delivery on 21/Dec/2007), two aircrafts with go-around.........

The service of OZ is not bad, I travelled there by B74E - HL7417 and back by A333 - HL7740. Flight crews and cabin crews were nice, but sadly that, I am not allowed to have the cockpit visit. Cabin crews served me were nice, but not as pretty as SQ's girls. I was feeling weird to one of the cabin crew during my flight back in HKG. The story is that, once the seat belt sign was off after take off, I tried to get the best time to have some cabin shots at the rear of the cabin. Too bad that, I was blocking her way to serve PAX, I noticed late and once I aware, I gave her the way and put my 40D down and lens facing up. Sigh, she though I was going to shot under her uniform. She looked at me/ my 40D and then keep walk along to serve. Steps later, she looked back and checked if I was following her. I felt so embarrassing. Really don't know why Korean girls are with such reaction. Do they facing too high sexual embarrassment? :angry:

Unable to upload photos at the moment, so I would share some photos that have just accpeted by A.net with you guys before I post out some cabin shots.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1313890/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1313901/L/

Tried spotting in HKG 2 days ago :rolleyes:

A stone throw from my room, i can easily hit the aerobridge :mellow: and of course, located at the end of the terminal means im very close to the runway, particularly 25L :rolleyes: Woke up in the morning, blue sky was waiting for me, 25L arrival was busy :yahoo: Contacted our 'TAI KO' in hkg for guidance. the moment i reached sky deck, runway 07 was in use <_>

Anyway, here are some 'presentable' shots ...kekkekekeke

Taxing to my room :p

hl-7531a.jpg

Docking

b-16708a.jpg

Vacating

d-abvk.jpg

special :pardon:

macau.jpg

er.....

n78005.jpg

backlit <_>

united.jpg

waka!

If this was landing from 25R, this should be really special sight for the month, cause Air Macau has no schedule flight to HKG, but.....sometimes they come to HKG for maintenance or.....divert.

Yeah... why need a sched flt for a short hop, right?...

Anyway... good shooting from the room, Ian :clapping:

Ian, school start liao is it, now really drivng school bus to bring school kids to school in Hkg kah ?? hehehhe NICE shots there, THAT ROOM OF YOURS IS HOTEL OR WAT??? hehehe

n78005.jpg

Totally respect this one Ian, Thank you for posting up one of my favorite airline :good:

Thanks guys :)

Those pictures are from the Sky Deck, accessible from the Aviation Discovery center in Terminal 2. $15 per entry. good view if it is runway 25 operations.

BTW, those pictures are heavily cropped :p